Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going from CQ to Wilmots is really the equivalent of selling your Mercedes C-Class or BMW 340 and going for a Renault, Skoda or even Dacia instead. I can't believe this decision. Wilmots is utter crap. And yes, not a big fan of Iranian coaches, but there is nothing about Wilmots, that would suggest that he is any better than any Iranian coach. This is an incredible choice.

I hope he shits his pants and leaves because some Belgian authority scares him about working in Iran or anything similar. Honestly, I would have preferred Branko to take over instead of Wilmots.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    formerly known as westwienmaskulin and used to post on ISP

Comment

Originally posted by dcpp View Post
      My 2 cents on wilmots as someone who follows the Belgian red devils closely.

He was Leekens assistant coach before finally getting the Belgium manager job when Leekens left. Belgium improved a lot under wilmots compared to their time with Leekens. Now was it due to Wilmots qualities as a coach or the Belgian players were reaching their peaks? Can't really tell. He's really good at bringing a team together, create a good atmosphere within a team. He's a hard worker, you can't take this away from him.

On the other hand, it's safe to say that Belgium would have not looked so desperate with Martinez on the bench in the game against Argentina which sent Belgium home in the 2014 WC. He was often spot on while making subs. Keeping players on the bench hungry but again the depth of the Belgian bench was good enough to change a game against the likes of Algeria, etc. The same can't be said in big games. The euro 2016 was a real disaster, losing to Wales 3-1 or 4-1 I can't remember.

All in all, he's not a genius when it comes to tactical choices and managing a team during a game. I even remember something quite shocking, the Belgian national team wasn't training at all on their set pieces. He used to explain this choice by saying that it's a waste of time when you don't have enough time to prepare players during international breaks. Well, Belgium couldn't score a goal from a set piece against a decent team in front.

I'd say that his pros are his work rate, keeping players involved and having a good atmosphere within a large group. His game preparations were usually good too. His cons are his stubbornness, not reactive enough during a game when his A plan isn't going well and more importantly he's not the smartest coach to have on a bench during the game. He's also a short tempered guy, I seriously don't know how he will deal with the IFF and other thugs around getting involved in our football.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
      Thanks indeed for the measured analysis. It's just one thing whether you have Kevin De Bruyne or peak Carrasco who scored in a Champions League final in your team and on your bench, or if you have...well nevermind. I also don't know how his attitude will translate into TM and whether it will be well received. I also just remember the Belgian players complaining that he has absolutely no idea on how to coach a team, at least those like Hazard, Courtois and De Bruyne. Overall, I really don't understand the selection. Good luck to him obviously but weird choice.
      __________________________________________________ __________________
      formerly known as westwienmaskulin and used to post on ISP

Comment

Originally posted by westwien View Post
        Going from CQ to Wilmots is really the equivalent of selling your Mercedes C-Class or BMW 340 and going for a Renault, Skoda or even Dacia instead. I can't believe this decision. Wilmots is utter crap. And yes, not a big fan of Iranian coaches, but there is nothing about Wilmots, that would suggest that he is any better than any Iranian coach. This is an incredible choice.

I hope he shits his pants and leaves because some Belgian authority scares him about working in Iran or anything similar. Honestly, I would have preferred Branko to take over instead of Wilmots.
        dude what do you expect?

you think a decent foreign coach will even consider stepping into Iran? let alone working with IFF?

Comment

Originally posted by westwien View Post

I rather have Renault or Skoda than pride or paykan

Comment

Let's be fair, guys. Most of us thought we would end up getting Ghalenoei, Daei or at best Branko or Schäfer. CQ just set the bar really high. His stats, before joining TM, were not that impressive either and he needed years to show what he was able to do with TM. Wilmots is taking over TM at a complete different stage now because tons of extremely worthy pre-work has been done by CQ. In terms of his CV, I wouldn't be able to name many better TM coaches in history (other than CQ). Maybe Branko and Blazevic would have had similar CVs back then.

Given the circumstances, we can be happy to have gotten a professional coach with an international reputation, who knows what professional football is. People expecting the likes of Klopp etc. were just dreaming. Give this guy a chance. We will most likely qualify for Qatar 22 anyway and by then he will have worked for us for 3 years - enough time to really get to know the team, the players and Iranian football in general in order to be prepared for the WC.

Comment

Originally posted by Shayan_91 View Post
              In terms of his CV, I wouldn't be able to name many better TM coaches in history (other than CQ). Maybe Branko and Blazevic would have had similar CVs back then.
              Blazevic made Croatia 3rd in the WC! His CV certainly looked better.

Having said that, at this stage, I don't think CV is the most important thing for Iran but personality.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                Blazevic made Croatia 3rd in the WC! His CV certainly looked better.

Having said that, at this stage, I don't think CV is the most important thing for Iran but personality.
                I can affirm that wilmots has a big personality. He's more like a German than a Belgian on this case.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Comment

Guys, relax. Let's give him a chance. We could have had much worse. Prior to CQ, a name like Wilmots would have never appeared on the radar! Carlos turned us into a respectable team and showed the world what we are capable of, let's see what he does. I'm optimistic. Also, he did take Belgium from 44th to 2nd in the rankings, yes okay their team was filled with stars and they didn't win anything but we shouldn't be so negative. I'm hopeful that we will retain our top spot in Asia with him.
                  چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد
                  We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

IFF about him and his contract:

https://tamasha.com/v/64gyo

A little more info. about him:

https://tamasha.com/v/wwNDo

https://tamasha.com/v/wwNDo

3 of his best goals as a player:

https://tamasha.com/v/O2X6Y

Comment

Didn't Iranian pundits say that with $1.5 million salary we can find someone better and cheaper than CQ. I'm just really surprised to be honest with this pick but I guess with the heated political situation no one wants to come to Iran.

Comment

Originally posted by Salar View Post
                        Guys, relax. Let's give him a chance. We could have had much worse. Prior to CQ, a name like Wilmots would have never appeared on the radar! Carlos turned us into a respectable team and showed the world what we are capable of, let's see what he does. I'm optimistic. Also, he did take Belgium from 44th to 2nd in the rankings, yes okay their team was filled with stars and they didn't win anything but we shouldn't be so negative. I'm hopeful that we will retain our top spot in Asia with him.
                        Also Belgium did nothing for years before he came. And the stars he had were young and unproven.
                        Those who complained, on which planet do you live?

The country is under heavy sanctions specially banking sanctions. Every day media are hyped about an eventual us attacks to add to our negative prestige.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                          Also Belgium did nothing for years before he came. And the stars he had were young and unproven.
                          Those who complained, on which planet do you leave? The country is under heavy sanctions specially banking sanctions. Every day media are hyped about an eventual us attacks to add to our negative prestige.
                          Word. I really hope that all those who talked bad about him, will be proven wrong and eat their words. So many arrogant namak-nashnas amongst our people...

Comment

Originally posted by Hadi View Post
                            dude what do you expect?

you think a decent foreign coach will even consider stepping into Iran? let alone working with IFF?
                            For 1.5 million, yes!

Comment

I wouldve been happy with any manager as long as it wasnt Brangoh.
                              "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                                For 1.5 million, yes!
                                Some also dont want to have problem entering usa for vacation, family or professional purpose. Even for this wage

Comment

Working...
                                X