Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again, I give credit to IFF for pulling this off AND arranging two friendlies against decent Asian opponents in June. This will be a great test run for TM since the loss in the Asian Cup, and will give MW a chance to show his worth early on. If all goes according to the reports, signing MW and arranging friendlies with SK & Syria is not at all a bad way to restart our continued evolution post-CQ.

Comment

Good choice, i think he will do well for TM! He is experienced, has worked with Dick Advocaat, and has a strong and authoritarian personality like Queiroz, which is something we need!

Comment

WELCOME TO IRAN!!!

Comment

Guys, let's look ahead. The guy is 50 years old and full of energy. He's had failure before (just like CQ before joing us) and is hungry!

At the very least it will be a breath of fresh air to hopefully see TM having an attacking style after such a long time.

I was quite down and kinda disappointed upon hearing the news but now, slowly I'm getting positive and hopeful!

Comment

I remember many of the Iranian football fans were also not happy when CQ became the TM's coach so what's new ?????? nothing !!!!!!

I say it again, based on the current situation of our Government and country , we should be very happy about Wilmots coming to Iran.

Comment

With the political climate, I doubt we'd even have a national team in 2 years lol.

Comment

Can't wait for Mayeli-Kodan interview and his opinion on the latest choice for TM.

And soon the whole nation will be divided. …. Wilmot Lovers and Haters. The fight begin!

The only thing I want to tell everyone is JUST LET THE GUY DO HIS JOB! .. who cares about his resume or past failures/accomplishments that has nothing to do with anyone who gets a coaching job in Iran. LET HIM DO HIS JOB.

BTW- what the f are those red and pink roses for this guy? what is he supposed to do with those? Shove them up Saket's behind? …

Comment

Well, I reserve judgement for now and stand for the possibility that this works out in the best way possible. Let's hope final negotiations are completed tomorrow and Wilmots hits the ground running ASAP so that TM has a head coach in the June friendlies.

Go TM!

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                    In 2014 how many England national team players played in the Premier League?
                    I am sure Afshin Ghotbi can take England Team to Quarter Finals in World Cup.

That has been their problem all these years.

They need an Iranian Head Coach to reach their potential.

Comment

Some of the posts here really make me laugh. We are never happy are we? I thought germans were the world champions at moaning at everything, but some of u guys just proved me wrong. Give this guy a chance already!! As many others have said, with this fucked up country we have right now, we should be more than glad that a guy like Wilmots is coming to Iran.

Comment

Originally posted by unique football View Post
                        CQ did not have a good resume before joining us as well , so who knows ?
                        he did not have?
                        won the u-20 back to back, was manu assistant and won champions league and coached real how is that a bad resume?

Comment

his contract is almost the same as CQ, we might as well have kept cq , i dont think he is a bad coach but we could have done better

Comment

Marc Wilmots to be named Team Melli’s manager: report

1,5 million that’s even more than what CQ was getting, let’s see if IR television dogs will talk about Marc’s salary.

It was clear that the regime didn’t like CQ he was getting too popular, they created so much hashiye for TM with Persepolis to kick CQ out.

Marc Wilmots is no way near CQ quality even my Belgium friends where always talking bad about this guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
                              I remember many of the Iranian football fans were also not happy when CQ became the TM's coach so what's new ?????? nothing !!!!!!

I say it again, based on the current situation of our Government and country , we should be very happy about Wilmots coming to Iran.
                              Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
                                Can't wait for Mayeli-Kodan interview and his opinion on the latest choice for TM.

And soon the whole nation will be divided. …. Wilmot Lovers and Haters. The fight begin!

The only thing I want to tell everyone is JUST LET THE GUY DO HIS JOB! .. who cares about his resume or past failures/accomplishments that has nothing to do with anyone who gets a coaching job in Iran. LET HIM DO HIS JOB.

BTW- what the f are those red and pink roses for this guy? what is he supposed to do with those? Shove them up Saket's behind? …
                                Yes! Exactly.

Comment

Working...
                                X