X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
    Yes I agree. All tenures should be judged by games organized vs Angola
    The world needs more Angolan tires.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
      He is called the "war pig" from his time as a player. He is largely a disciplinarian who plays a defensive/balanced style of football. He trusts in youth.
      He struggles tactically, and this has been his undoing in the past, and I believe he would do well with a more experienced head next to him to guide him.
      https://www.theguardian.com/football...den-generation
      Overall I think he will be a decent coach for Iran, certainly the best we can hope for, wish him the best.
      He would probably have help integrating and also with the experience from George Leekens.

I agree with your sentiments , if he gets the job as it’s just rumours at the moment then I wish him the best too and also we should not judge him before he actually gets a chance to prove himself.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
        We will never have a coach the level of CQ again.
        I concur.

Any new coach we get will be at a higher level than the last one by default.

The last one managed to lose 0-3 in an AC which no coach had done with Iran since well before cell phone was invented.

Comment

With Wilmots iranian football should be under belgian french and german spotlights

Comment

It's official

به گزارش وب*سایت نود، مهدی تاج رئیس فدراسیون فوتبال ایران رسما اعلام کرد که مارک ویلموتس سرمربی بلژیکی سابق شالکه و بلژیک، جایگزین کارلوس کیروش شد و هدایت تیم ملی ایران برعهده گرفت.

قرار است این سرمربی تا ساعاتی دیگر به همراه مربیان مدنظرش وارد ایران شود تا در آخرین جلسه مذاکره با رئیس فدراسیون فوتبال صحبت کند.

Taj officially announced his name and he is set to become the new coach.

https://90tv.ir/news/%D8%B3%D8%B1%D9...B1%D8%A7%D9%86

Comment

Originally posted by mahzi View Post
              به گزارش وب*سایت نود، مهدی تاج رئیس فدراسیون فوتبال ایران رسما اعلام کرد که مارک ویلموتس سرمربی بلژیکی سابق شالکه و بلژیک، جایگزین کارلوس کیروش شد و هدایت تیم ملی ایران برعهده گرفت.

قرار است این سرمربی تا ساعاتی دیگر به همراه مربیان مدنظرش وارد ایران شود تا در آخرین جلسه مذاکره با رئیس فدراسیون فوتبال صحبت کند.

I am not strongly for or against him as most of us should be who did not follow him closely - he has good experiences under his belt which IMO qualifies him to coach TM. Let’s see how he does - we should all root for him to succeed
              Team Meli Iran
              Perspolis FC
              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Hope to see him in the stands at Azadi watching Xavi play his last match.

Comment

lol, leave it to the inept morons at IFF to bring someone in with an even more pathetic CV than CQ... This is exactly like the IPL teams bringing in 15k a year Brazilian bench warmers who usually don't even make the bench and signing 'em on 150k contracts and pocketing the remaining 135k.

What are exactly this guy's accomplishments?
                  How many championships has he earned?
                  How many teams has he qualified to the WC? (Does qualifying that talent stacked Belgian side count?)
                  How many years of experience does he have?
                  Why has he been teamless for over 2 years?
                  WHY DID WE CHOOSE THIS GUY ASIDE FROM APPEASING THE IMPECILES WHO THINK BEING A WHITE EUROPEAN AUTOMATICALLY MAKES YOU A GREAT COACH?!

Comment

Read the comments, the majority of people are not happy with this clown selection from IFF. Taj has to GTFO!

Comment

Yay!!! Good coach and has a history of being involved in politics which can help him in Iran. He also very cooperative with youth players, so I think we will see some of our younger legionaries we were anticipating finally get invited to TM.

Comment

My 2 cents on wilmots as someone who follows the Belgian red devils closely.

He was Leekens assistant coach before finally getting the Belgium manager job when Leekens left. Belgium improved a lot under wilmots compared to their time with Leekens. Now was it due to Wilmots qualities as a coach or the Belgian players were reaching their peaks? Can't really tell. He's really good at bringing a team together, create a good atmosphere within a team. He's a hard worker, you can't take this away from him.

On the other hand, it's safe to say that Belgium would have not looked so desperate with Martinez on the bench in the game against Argentina which sent Belgium home in the 2014 WC. He was often spot on while making subs. Keeping players on the bench hungry but again the depth of the Belgian bench was good enough to change a game against the likes of Algeria, etc. The same can't be said in big games. The euro 2016 was a real disaster, losing to Wales 3-1 or 4-1 I can't remember.

All in all, he's not a genius when it comes to tactical choices and managing a team during a game. I even remember something quite shocking, the Belgian national team wasn't training at all on their set pieces. He used to explain this choice by saying that it's a waste of time when you don't have enough time to prepare players during international breaks. Well, Belgium couldn't score a goal from a set piece against a decent team in front.

I'd say that his pros are his work rate, keeping players involved and having a good atmosphere within a large group. His game preparations were usually good too. His cons are his stubbornness, not reactive enough during a game when his A plan isn't going well and more importantly he's not the smartest coach to have on a bench during the game. He's also a short tempered guy, I seriously don't know how he will deal with the IFF and other thugs around getting involved in our football.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by dcpp; 05-14-2019, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dcpp View Post

He was Leekens assistant coach before finally getting the Belgium manager job when Leekens left. Belgium improved a lot under wilmots compared to their time with Leekens. Now was it due to Wilmots qualities as a coach or the Belgian players were reaching their peaks? Can't really tell. He's really good at bringing a team together, create a good atmosphere within a team. He's a hard worker, you can't take this away from him.

On the other hand, it's safe to say that Belgium would have not looked so desperate with Martinez on the bench in the game against Argentina which sent Belgium home in the 2014 WC. He was often spot on while making subs. Keeping players on the bench hungry but again the depth of the Belgian bench was good enough to change a game against the likes of Algeria, etc. The same can't be said in big games. The euro 2016 was a real disaster, losing to Wales 3-1 or 4-1 I can't remember.

All in all, he's not a genius when it comes to tactical choices and managing a team during a game. I even remember something quite shocking, the Belgian national team wasn't training at all on their set pieces. He used to explain this choice by saying that it's a waste of time when you don't have enough time to prepare players during international breaks. Well, Belgium couldn't score a goal from a set piece against a decent team in front.

I'd say that his pros are his work rate, keeping players involved and having a good atmosphere within a large group. His game preparations were usually good too. His cons are his stubbornness, not reactive enough during a game when his A plan isn't going well and more importantly he's not the smartest coach to have on a bench during the game. He's also a short tempered guy, I seriously don't know how he will deal with the IFF and other thugs around getting involved in our football.

Thank you for your measured analysis and background. Probably the most useful summary of Wilmots I've seen here so far.

Comment

Originally posted by dcpp View Post

Thank you for your well informed post I think this sounds very fair and on point after doing my own research on him these last few days. I said it in the beginning of when his name was being thrown around and I’m l will say it again...CQ was no different than Wilmots in terms of being a controversial figure where majority of the ppl didn’t like him and he had some alleged drama relating to players. Let’s hope he can turn out similarly too
                            Team Meli Iran
                            Perspolis FC
                            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Should hopefully increase likelihood of some friendlies so at least we can recalibrate our expectations and get used to being served up shite football once again after a decade of spoils. What a time to be alive.

Comment

I don't know what to make of this purported hire, don't know much about him as a coach other than dcpp's insightful post. However, let's give him a chance before we crucify him. He is the new coach of our beloved TM and he deserves a chance to prove himself.

Comment

Working...
                                X