This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unique football View Post
    CQ did not have a good resume before joining us as well , so who knows ?
    CQ at least had a respectable win rate at his previous jobs and was assistant at Manchester for over 4 years. Wilmots outside of Belgium has a horrible games won percentage.

Comment

While I'm not super familiar with him I find it hard to believe daie or branko would be better than him. lets see how he does he has some good experience under his belt
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

I think we should lower our expectations since coaching Iranian national team right now with the current political situation in Iran and also Iran vs rest of the world is not so attractive for a high class international coach

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post
          I think we should lower our expectations since coaching Iranian national team right now with the current political situation in Iran and also Iran vs rest of the world is not so attractive for a high class international coach
          If IFF has 1.5 million to spend on a coach, they could spend even less and find a young innovative manager who is just waiting for an opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
            If IFF has 1.5 million to spend on a coach, they could spend even less and find a young innovative manager who is just waiting for an opportunity.
            A young innovative manager's place is not TM though. He should start at club level and gain experience.

Comment

As I joked in the Brighton thread about Daei being free , I will joke in this thread that Hughton is now free

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                Who? And will this young coach accept to come in iran?
                Some positives of wilmots :
                - a well known name accepting to come in Iran. It is good for our prestige to see known names accepting to be associated with Iran. Will be easier to convince future targets
                - experience in several national team and top league. Even if he failed before, he can also be hungry to rebound and have better results. Blazevic was in semi final of wc98 but failed to qualify us.
                - experience of coaching two national teams in qualifiers, world cup and continental cup.
                - coaching a star team like Belgium isn't the same job than coaching Iran
                - was the former assistant of leeskens that is currently in IPL.

Of course his poor results and lack of experience in Asia are drawbacks.
                If he fails, we can maybe have Renard if he leaves Morocco

Comment

Just read that Wilmots sat in the Belgian Senate for two years, must show he has some steel too to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                    Just read that Wilmots sat in the Belgian Senate for two years, must show he has some steel too to him.
                    He willingly resigned and faced a lot of criticism. He was a failed politician just like Shevchenko.

Comment

Ivory Coast Coach - March 21 to November 15 (2017):
                      4 Competitive Matches: 1 WIN - 1 DRAW - 2 LOSS
                      2 Friendlies Matches: 0 WIN - 1 DRAW - 1 LOSS

Belgium Coach - May 15, 2012 to July 15, 2016
                      30 Competitive Matches: 22 WINS - 4 DRAW - 4 LOSS
                      20 Friendlies Matches: 10 WIN - 4 DRAW - 6 LOSS
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JUKabP3zTI

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                        I remember we had the same negative impression before CQ was gonna come to Iran! Whether he's good for us or not depends on how good he can handle things with the authorities. the best head coach for us is not necessarily someone who's had a fantastic career outside Iran but someone who can manages to get hold of the things inside.

If you want to look at it from a Positive perspective: He failed with Ivory coast so he's hungry to prove himself!
                        he'd be fine by me only
                        if he can handle (our primary football problem which is )the Bold above with half as much diplomatic mastery and efficiency of CQ..! but from what ive been reading so far, he comes across as a hapless, Yes-man with a proven by en large failure record to boot..!!?

http://www.espn.com/soccer/ivory-coa...e-cote-divoire

https://www.football-italia.net/8632...olan-has-smoke

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                          Who? And will this young coach accept to come in iran?
                          Some positives of wilmots :
                          - a well known name accepting to come in Iran. It is good for our prestige to see known names accepting to be associated with Iran. Will be easier to convince future targets
                          - experience in several national team and top league. Even if he failed before, he can also be hungry to rebound and have better results. Blazevic was in semi final of wc98 but failed to qualify us.
                          - experience of coaching two national teams in qualifiers, world cup and continental cup.
                          - coaching a star team like Belgium isn't the same job than coaching Iran
                          - was the former assistant of leeskens that is currently in IPL.

Of course his poor results and lack of experience in Asia are drawbacks.
                          If he fails, we can maybe have Renard if he leaves Morocco
                          Let him come to Iran and when he sees sanctions and political pressure make simple friendlies a very difficult task, he'll give up.

Comment

The man who (partially) wasted Belgium's golden generation.... Why on earth do we pay this man the same amount as Queiroz? IFF must have been very desperate.

Comment

They need to bring someone in soon, or else the players would have to all be a player manager for the Korea game next month.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                                A young innovative manager's place is not TM though. He should start at club level and gain experience.
                                Bring in Nekounam.

Comment

Working...
                                X