This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
    Based on what? We had one of our weakest talent pools in living memory and a squad in the very early stages of transition. Bosnia had a single player whose market value was more than our entire 23 man squad.
    Even in 2018 we did admirably considering the immense dearth of midfielders in Iran. Queiroz extracted the best we could ever see from people like Ebrahimi and Amiri.
    Realism, people.
    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Not only was reaching the knockout stages in WC18 our goal, it was even expected by CQ.

Comment

Originally posted by mangekyou View Post
      We need to ask ourselves, realistically. If Queiroz were given 4 more years. How likely would it be for us to advance to the knockout stages? If we did advance to the knockout stages, how far would be make it? Quarter finals? Semi? Final? Win the whole cup?
      Cq plateaued with us. In my opinion he did everything he could. He made us organized. Made us professional . Made us a complete 90 min team but what i saw vs japan told me that cq cant fix this problem. Its a grass roots problem and it takes 1 generation to fix that from childhood. Dont talk to the referee and be professional from the age of 15 not 27
      WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
        Cq plateaued with us. In my opinion he did everything he could. He made us organized. Made us professional . Made us a complete 90 min team but what i saw vs japan told me that cq cant fix this problem. Its a grass roots problem and it takes 1 generation to fix that from childhood. Dont talk to the referee and be professional from the age of 15 not 27
        I agree 100% Even our golden generation did the exact same mistake in 2006 and we suffered a goal.

Comment

CQ!

The man almost begged to stay in Iran by saying that he wanted to experience his 5th WC with Iran! Too in mamlekat, kam aghli bad dardiye!

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
            Fair enough but until then, no other coach can make us as organized and as professional as he did!

Comment

Originally posted by shahabGAOL View Post
              We have problems in our attacking and score as you know not more than 1 goal. I wonder how Marc Wilmots will do it. The other think is we just need to get more confidence and playing on attack and finishing in the front.

Carlos Quriouz was very defend system
              With the confidence that Azmoun is getting with Zenit this will benefit how he plays for the national team. Hopefully next season is a better one for our other attacking players and they can bring better form with them.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                In 2014 how many England national team players played in the Premier League?
                Pretty much every one of them except one of their reserve goalkeepers!! But I get your point.

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
                  subripper

Looking at GF vs. GA Ratios....

what is that ??????
                  Someone was asking if he plays attacking or defensive football. I pulled up the stats for all his matches. GF vs. GA is Goals For vs. Goals Against. Hope this helps!

Comment

Marc Wilmots to finalize deal with Iran on Wednesday: official
                    Sports
                    May 14, 2019

TEHRAN – An unnamed Iran football federation official said that ex-Belgium coach Marc Wilmots will travel to Tehran on Wednesday to finalize his deal.

Iran will reportedly pay the 50-year-old coach and his two Belgian assistants $1,500,000 per year.

The Iranian federation also wants former Team Melli captain Javad Nekounam to be a member of the coaching staff.

Some Iranian media reported that Wilmots has traveled to Iran but a top official from the Iran football federation said the Belgian coach has not yet come to Tehran.

Parliament Member Mohammad Reza Tabesh has also said Wilmots will most likely pen a contract with the Iranian federation.

The Belgian led his homeland to the 2014 World Cup and Euro 2016, but was sacked after that tournament in France.

Wilmots, who is also on the Scotland's list of candidates, is set to replace Carlos Querioz in Team Melli.

He has been without a team after leaving the Ivory Coast coaching position in November 2017.

Wilmots will start his work as Iran coach in two friendly matches against Syria and South Korea, scheduled for June 6 and 11.

https://www.tehrantimes.com/news/435...esday-official

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                      LOOOOL Shahab you are my absolute favourite.
                      To be honest I'm amazed to have Wilmots coming given:
                      - The way the country treats foreign coaches
                      - The current geopolitical climate in Iran and threat of war
                      - The economic situation in Iran and possibility of not getting paid
                      - The social situation in Iran (for coaches with wives and daughters etc...)
                      We will never have a coach the level of CQ again.
                      Well lets hope so. He better be at least better than our previous coach. I hope IFF has learned their lesson and will not wait 8 years for results. In fact he should not be given anything more than the next Asian cup unless he wins but even then what good is it to have a coach past 4 years?!

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
                        Well lets hope so. He better be at least better than our previous coach. I hope IFF has learned their lesson and will not wait 8 years for results. In fact he should not be given anything more than the next Asian cup unless he wins but even then what good is it to have a coach past 4 years?!
                        Yes I agree. All tenures should be judged by games organized vs Angola

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
                          He better be at least better than our previous coach.
                          As you consider the previous coach "a great coach" in your post from less than 12 months ago, I think your expectations are unrealistic. Unless you are trolling the forum by repeating this same comment.

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...t=#post2571094
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...t=#post2574826

Also here:

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...t=#post2550766

Comment

anyone familiar with his character, behavior under pressure, mentality, style, .... (I'm not talking about his resume)??
                            we would appreciate a little insight
                            ty

also being out of a job since 2017 is not exactly complementary to anyone's resume.
                            just saying

Comment

BTW, MAJOR NEWS:

Barca's VALVERDE may be on his way out. Now, what he's done at Athletic club, as well as Barca in past 2 seasons makes him a fantastic prospect for us.

The only reason he may be out of a job is Barca's high standards & need to win the UCL. Otherwise he's an incredible coach

Hope IFF is keeping an eye there too

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                                anyone familiar with his character, behavior under pressure, mentality, style, .... (I'm not talking about his resume)??
                                we would appreciate a little insight
                                ty
                                He is called the "war pig" from his time as a player. He is largely a disciplinarian who plays a defensive/balanced style of football. He trusts in youth.

He struggles tactically, and this has been his undoing in the past, and I believe he would do well with a more experienced head next to him to guide him.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...den-generation

Overall I think he will be a decent coach for Iran, certainly the best we can hope for, wish him the best.

Comment

Working...
                                X