Croatian coaches in Iran

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Croatian coaches in Iran

PFDC Supporter
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,992 Times in 1,528 Posts

Croatian coaches in Iran

Meet your Persian Love Today
    In Iran, our domestic and international game has had a lot of input from one country - Croatia. It's worth highlighting the importance of these coaches for our club and national setup. They have really had an incomparable role in our football. Do you have any favourite?

Tomislav Ivic: A legendary coach who professionalised our football in a short period prior to WC98

Stanko Poklepovic: Legendary coach of Perspolis and Sepahan who won back-to-back titles

Miroslav Blazevic: Called "the coach of all coaches". Our coach for the 2002 WC campaign

Vinko Begovic: Looked after our U23 team and Persepolis

Luka Bonacic: Coach of a number of Iranian clubs

Zlatko Kranjcar: Our U23 coach, formerly led Croatia in 2006 WC

Dragan Skocic: Notable club coach in Iran for Malavan and Foolad

Igor Stimac: Former West Ham stalwart who coached Sepahan

Nenad Nikolic: Former Foolad Coach

Mladen Francic: Former Foolad Coach

Vladislav Brajovic: Former coach of Persepolis

Zeljko Mijac: Notable coach of numerous iranian clubs

Branko Ivankovic: Former coach of national team and current Persepolis coach

Ivica Matkovic: Coached Persepolis

PFDC Sponsor

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    By all accounts, Ivic heads and shoulders above all.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend."~Bruce Lee

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to puddha For This Useful Post:

شریف حریف نداره
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,061 Times in 5,867 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by puddha View Post
    By all accounts, Ivic heads and shoulders above all.
    I was just about to say that.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

5. The Following User Says Thank You to KC McElroy For This Useful Post:

General Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Ivic number one, he would’ve done wonders in the World Cup 98; I loved the way Blazevic had the guys playing awesome, got unlucky but he was a great one too.

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,730 Times in 790 Posts
    Ivic and Stanko were the best. Ivic was a tactician and Stanko a disciplined coach.

Super Moderator
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,201 Times in 3,995 Posts
    IVIC was a legendary coach!
    He managed teams in 14 different countries. He won titles and cups in seven countries: Yugoslavia, the Netherlands, Belgium, Portugal, Spain and France.
    He managed 4 national teams.
    Looking at his wiki page and the list of clubs and winning ratio in Champions League is mesmerizing.
    I dont know about todays stats, but I know in the past Giovanni Trapattoni and Tomislav Ivic were both regarded as most successful club coach in history of the game.
    CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adesor Vafaseya For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 765 Posts
    It's obvious that Croats have favourable and positive views of Iran, in contrast to most countries in the world.

And despite their small population they have massive talent in football (and talent in sports in general).

PFDC Top Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,090 Times in 1,347 Posts
    For me, Blazevic!

Too bad Ivic was not TM head coach for so long!

High-Ranked Member

Thanks
    Thanked 1,692 Times in 536 Posts
    Vinco Begovic just won the Azadegan League (Iran's second division) with Gol Gohar-eh Seerjaan (Kerman Province) and will be leading his team in the Persian Gulf League next season. He is a committed coach with relative success that should be acknowledged for his commitment to a team and his accomplishments in a small town like Seerjaan. I hope he will be successful next year. He just got a two year extension with Gol Gohar [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] .

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Futbaldoost For This Useful Post:

Sly

PFDC Supporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,992 Times in 1,528 Posts
    Most of these coaches have had a significant contribute to our club and national football. I agree with you guys that Ivic was the best we had and i only wish he was given more time to implement his ideas, by all accounts (from the players themselves) he changed how we played and the result was manifest in our 98 world cup (where I remember the british newspapers were predicting 4-0 win by yugoslavia and 3-0 by USA!)

+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 90

You do not have permission to view the list of names.