Croatian coaches in Iran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Croatian coaches in Iran

In Iran, our domestic and international game has had a lot of input from one country - Croatia. It's worth highlighting the importance of these coaches for our club and national setup. They have really had an incomparable role in our football. Do you have any favourite?
    Tomislav Ivic: A legendary coach who professionalised our football in a short period prior to WC98

Stanko Poklepovic: Legendary coach of Perspolis and Sepahan who won back-to-back titles

Miroslav Blazevic: Called "the coach of all coaches". Our coach for the 2002 WC campaign

Vinko Begovic: Looked after our U23 team and Persepolis

Luka Bonacic: Coach of a number of Iranian clubs

Zlatko Kranjcar: Our U23 coach, formerly led Croatia in 2006 WC

Dragan Skocic: Notable club coach in Iran for Malavan and Foolad. Edit 2022: Current Team Melli Coach who qualified Iran to world cup

Igor Stimac: Former West Ham stalwart who coached Sepahan

Nenad Nikolic: Former Foolad Coach

Mladen Francic: Former Foolad Coach

Vladislav Brajovic: Former coach of Persepolis
    Zeljko Mijac: Notable coach of numerous iranian clubs

Branko Ivankovic: Former coach of national team and current Persepolis coach

Ivica Matkovic: Coached Persepolis

By all accounts, Ivic heads and shoulders above all.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend."~Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by puddha View Post
      By all accounts, Ivic heads and shoulders above all.
      I was just about to say that.
      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Ivic number one, he would’ve done wonders in the World Cup 98; I loved the way Blazevic had the guys playing awesome, got unlucky but he was a great one too.

Comment

Ivic and Stanko were the best. Ivic was a tactician and Stanko a disciplined coach.

Comment

IVIC was a legendary coach!
            He managed teams in 14 different countries. He won titles and cups in seven countries: Yugoslavia, the Netherlands, Belgium, Portugal, Spain and France.
            He managed 4 national teams.
            Looking at his wiki page and the list of clubs and winning ratio in Champions League is mesmerizing.
            I dont know about todays stats, but I know in the past Giovanni Trapattoni and Tomislav Ivic were both regarded as most successful club coach in history of the game.
            CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

It's obvious that Croats have favourable and positive views of Iran, in contrast to most countries in the world.

And despite their small population they have massive talent in football (and talent in sports in general).

Comment

For me, Blazevic!

Too bad Ivic was not TM head coach for so long!

Comment

Vinco Begovic just won the Azadegan League (Iran's second division) with Gol Gohar-eh Seerjaan (Kerman Province) and will be leading his team in the Persian Gulf League next season. He is a committed coach with relative success that should be acknowledged for his commitment to a team and his accomplishments in a small town like Seerjaan. I hope he will be successful next year. He just got a two year extension with Gol Gohar https://www.varzesh3.com/news/160994...A9%D8%B1%D8%AF .

Comment

Most of these coaches have had a significant contribute to our club and national football. I agree with you guys that Ivic was the best we had and i only wish he was given more time to implement his ideas, by all accounts (from the players themselves) he changed how we played and the result was manifest in our 98 world cup (where I remember the british newspapers were predicting 4-0 win by yugoslavia and 3-0 by USA!)

Comment

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2E3Zmoh...d=akmy8p8j95hs

Vinko Begović speaks very good Persian!

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                        https://www.instagram.com/p/B2E3Zmoh...d=akmy8p8j95hs

Vinko Begović speaks very good Persian!
                        You didn’t already know? He’s spent like 20+ years in Iran, almost his entire managerial career is in Iran dating back to early/mid 90s
                        Team Meli Iran
                        Perspolis FC
                        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                          You didn’t already know? He’s spent like 20+ years in Iran, almost his entire managerial career is in Iran dating back to early/mid 90s
                          Late 90s with Foolad.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

We have had some amazing Croatian [emoji1082] coaches. Best of luck to Skocic [emoji256]

Comment

Ciro: "he is sure Skocic will achieve good results in Team Melli. Skocic has had a hard path to reach here, he said. "

https://en.mehrnews.com/news/155391/...-in-Team-Melli

Ciro and his promises....

Comment

Working...
                              X