Breaking News: Ali Daei sacked!! - Page 5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 47 of 47

Thread: Breaking News: Ali Daei sacked!!

  1. #41
    PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    8,346
    Thanks
    2,315
    Thanked 5,405 Times in 2,488 Posts
    Rep Power
    42949720


    Meet your Persian Love Today
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Are you talking about his player/coach year with Saipa? I don't think anyone in their right mind can deny that Ali Daei is a legendary player, and I attribute most of that year's success to him actually playing and coaching. Play/coaching is very different than coaching, if I'm playing and coaching and buddy doesn't give me a pass when I asked for it, then buddy is gonna have to find himself a new team. It's a totally different power dynamic between the rest of the players and captain/coach. Since then he's had multiple opportunities to prove himself as a coach both in TM and Perspolis and he has shown how truly inept he is as a coach. He's good at introducing young new players though. Maybe he can coach the u16 or even u19 team but that's where it ends.

    Also do you remember him suing the federation for money after getting sacked in TM? In fact he sues everyone and anyone, he's after one thing, money and that's it.
    you don't see any conflict of interest issue ????? so as a coach/player, if I'm not getting a pass I want, I get to throw that player onto the bench ??? is that what you consider to be coaching ???? wow.
    “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to OFFSIDE_1 For This Useful Post:


  3. #42
    V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Mr.Click's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    12,400
    Thanks
    2,346
    Thanked 1,097 Times in 489 Posts
    Rep Power
    42949730
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Are you talking about his player/coach year with Saipa? I don't think anyone in their right mind can deny that Ali Daei is a legendary player, and I attribute most of that year's success to him actually playing and coaching. Play/coaching is very different than coaching, if I'm playing and coaching and buddy doesn't give me a pass when I asked for it, then buddy is gonna have to find himself a new team. It's a totally different power dynamic between the rest of the players and captain/coach. Since then he's had multiple opportunities to prove himself as a coach both in TM and Perspolis and he has shown how truly inept he is as a coach. He's good at introducing young new players though. Maybe he can coach the u16 or even u19 team but that's where it ends.

    Also do you remember him suing the federation for money after getting sacked in TM? In fact he sues everyone and anyone, he's after one thing, money and that's it.
    player/coach would sack a player but a coach wouldn't ?! I fail to understand that logic.
    Also fail to understand he was a money grabber during his career, how many Qatari/Emirati teams did he play for? ..didn't he take a pay cut when he came back to Iran to finish his career with Perspolis? ..did he even get paid for those years as well as TM coach years as promised? I'm sure he didn't, even if he did, nooshe joonesh.
    and this is the first time ever I hear IFF money was stolen by Daei and I bet it's a fabricated fairytale by his enemies to discredit him.

    ستايشگر آموزگاری هستم که انديشيدن را
    به من بياموزد و نه انديشه ها را. زرتشت

  4. #43
    Senior Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    112
    Thanks
    50
    Thanked 74 Times in 41 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Click View Post
    player/coach would sack a player but a coach wouldn't ?! I fail to understand that logic.
    Also fail to understand he was a money grabber during his career, how many Qatari/Emirati teams did he play for? ..didn't he take a pay cut when he came back to Iran to finish his career with Perspolis? ..did he even get paid for those years as well as TM coach years as promised? I'm sure he didn't, even if he did, nooshe joonesh.
    and this is the first time ever I hear IFF money was stolen by Daei and I bet it's a fabricated fairytale by his enemies to discredit him.
    He finished his career in Saipa where he was player/coach. Not Perspolis. He left Iran for arab money, then went to Germany for progress, went back to arab league after his 5 year stint in Germany, and once they didn't want him anymore he came back to Iran...
    Here are some related links to him pretty much suing anyone and everyone including all the Iranian clubs that were stupid enough to hire him - the federation as well - after he's gotten fired.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    He has sued the Federation - TM, Saba Qom, Naft Tehran, Saipa and Perspolis. Do you see a pattern in here?

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Trinity For This Useful Post:


  6. #44
    High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    846
    Thanks
    640
    Thanked 844 Times in 338 Posts
    Rep Power
    1608981
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    He finished his career in Saipa where he was player/coach. Not Perspolis. He left Iran for arab money, then went to Germany for progress, went back to arab league after his 5 year stint in Germany, and once they didn't want him anymore he came back to Iran...
    Here are some related links to him pretty much suing anyone and everyone including all the Iranian clubs that were stupid enough to hire him - the federation as well - after he's gotten fired.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    He has sued the Federation - TM, Saba Qom, Naft Tehran, Saipa and Perspolis. Do you see a pattern in here?
    Did he sue them for a valid reason such as non-payment of contract?!!! If so good for him.

    Non-payment of salaries and contracts has been a problem in Iran dating back to a long time ago, even before the revolution. Any body who takes steps, such as suing the non-paying party, is doing the Iranian people a service.
    BOYCOTT NIKE

  7. #45
    V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Mr Pouya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    London
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,096
    Thanks
    1,791
    Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,360 Posts
    Rep Power
    42949720
    Lol I remember Daei tried to sue Toyota because he crashed in one.

  8. #46
    V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    BacheLot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Posts
    28,958
    Thanks
    39,502
    Thanked 10,021 Times in 5,119 Posts
    Rep Power
    42949728
    Quote Originally Posted by nisfejahan View Post
    Did he sue them for a valid reason such as non-payment of contract?!!! If so good for him.

    Non-payment of salaries and contracts has been a problem in Iran dating back to a long time ago, even before the revolution. Any body who takes steps, such as suing the non-paying party, is doing the Iranian people a service.
    In essence your correct here..!
    But he shoulda also realized that his Appointment to such high caliber jobs that he was in no way, shape or form even remotely qualified for like (PP, especially TM)was already the biggest benefit$ he coulda ever hoped to gain from IFF ..! to also have expectations of Full payment of his supposed agreed upon salary in light of his miserable (I guess expected) failure in those jobs, is more suggestive of his immense greed & po rooie, IMO ..!
    Besides, it ain’t like he coulda honestly pretend to have been surprised by such NoPay/shortPay antics of IFF ..!??
    He obviously is just another scandalous oghdei looser coach who gladly look the other way when the scandalous IFF squeezes him into high up positions he ain’t qualified for & bitch n whine n sue when he is deposed from those positions with disgrace, threatening this & that in order to force the corrupt system to install him into another high up coaching job which he isn’t qualified for ..! Isn’t that in essence what he is doing right now again with Saipa ..!??

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to BacheLot For This Useful Post:


  10. #47
    High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    846
    Thanks
    640
    Thanked 844 Times in 338 Posts
    Rep Power
    1608981
    Quote Originally Posted by BacheLot View Post
    In essence your correct here..!
    But he shoulda also realized that his Appointment to such high caliber jobs that he was in no way, shape or form even remotely qualified for like (PP, especially TM)was already the biggest benefit$ he coulda ever hoped to gain from IFF ..! to also have expectations of Full payment of his supposed agreed upon salary in light of his miserable (I guess expected) failure in those jobs, is more suggestive of his immense greed & po rooie, IMO ..!
    Besides, it ain’t like he coulda honestly pretend to have been surprised by such NoPay/shortPay antics of IFF ..!??
    He obviously is just another scandalous oghdei looser coach who gladly look the other way when the scandalous IFF squeezes him into high up positions he ain’t qualified for & bitch n whine n sue when he is deposed from those positions with disgrace, threatening this & that in order to force the corrupt system to install him into another high up coaching job which he isn’t qualified for ..! Isn’t that in essence what he is doing right now again with Saipa ..!??
    It sounds like he is going after Saipa for non-payment to himself and to the players.

    He did sue Perspolis and IFF for non-payment. He and everyone else who signs a contract to provide services is entitled to what the contract stipulates. If there is a clause that payment depends on the results (which there typically is a bonus) then it should be enforced.

    He may not have been qualified for his jobs, but that is a different story. Rule of law, should apply to all contracts, agreements, etc, if we are ever to get anywhere. If the football clubs (as well as companies) understand that they have to pay their workers, on-time, every time, may be they will think twice about hiring incompetent staff.

    If the culture of honoring labor contracts becomes enshrined in the culture, it will make the labor markets more efficient and will make the economy better, regardless of all the other factors. As I mentioned this is not a new problem that occurred after the revolution. This issue exists in a lot of under-developed and semi-developed cultures as well.

    So I say, let him go after Saipa and get whatever it is stipulate din his contract. He is doing everyone else a favor.

    p.s. I also hate the Saipa management for insinuating that Daei is insulting the Saipa workers by demanding payment. It is the sure sign of a weasel to hide behind others. I actually think he is doing the workers a favor. I have heard that Saipa and many other government and private companies routinely do not pay their workers on time, in essence using their wages to manage cash flow and not worrying about the pain their actions causes those very same workers they are hiding behind.
    BOYCOTT NIKE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Members who have read this thread : 218

You do not have permission to view the list of names.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
[Output: 89.45 Kb. compressed to 81.71 Kb. by saving 7.74 Kb. (8.65%)]