Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If there was truth to this, I don't think it would have been a great fit.

PAG is a great defender for us, but I have a feeling he would prefer an easier lifestyle and work than the club which arguably has (one of) the most intensive training regimes in the world.

Can you imagine him picking up litter for an afternoon?

"“The worst thing for us is that you can sometimes feel tired before the match because we work so intensely. He (Bielsa) has a philosophy that if you are tired you should train even harder to make it better. He has that philosophy and won’t change."

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co....hods-1-9576697
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ng-litter.html

Comment

Originally posted by Ararat Tehran View Post
      Qatari press have confirmed that Pouraliganji has rejected Leeds United offer.
      Imagine not wanting to not play for a coach like Bielsa (Not once, but 2X)! I can’t wait until he gets dropped from TM...

Comment

Originally posted by Ararat Tehran View Post
        Qatari press have confirmed that Pouraliganji has rejected Leeds United offer.
        I understand the argument that everyone can do whatever they want with their career. I mean it took a tremendous amount of work to even be able to get that Qatari paycheck.

But this guy has for the past few years consistently been our best and most promising defender, set up in a system that allowed him to stand out and shine. I think that adds an extra responsibility, whether he wants it or not, to put his profession above his pocket and reach his full potential for the sake of his country. Not only that, but to try and open doors for other iranian defenders and improve their reputation as transfer prospects.

I understand he had a stent at Eupen that was underwhelming, but its not fair to expect to hit the ground running on your first transfer to Europe. Plus, Leeds and Bielsa are a different animal.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
          Ostad, why would a top coach come and Esteghlal, i don't think it is a bad coach, even though the guy's resume is not that great but he is only 42, and coached some decent European sides, so i believe IPL need more and more of younger half decent coaches. He gives some visibility to our league in Italy and from what i heard from a friend who is into Italian football he also had few offers from Russia and Italy, for 400K(if it is true) it is not a bad choice.
          I think our coaching issues are more at the primary level.
          I would rather we hire young, cheap, educated coaches for our youth teams.

I'd rather we build up our football infrastructure.

At the senior level - yes you need tactics but you also need discipline and in today's football - extensive fitness training...
          He is here for a paycheque... most of these guys think Iran's football finances are like UAE or Qatar's....
          Our clubs struggle to pay player wages and bills, but they continue to make the same financial mistakes.

Zemnan, shoma ostaade maeed! Koochiketim!
          Last edited by Nokhodi; 06-05-2019, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
            Aghaei baradar..

Comment

At the senior level - yes you need tactics but you also need discipline and in today's football - extensive fitness training...
              He is here for a paycheque... most of these guys think Iran's football finances are like UAE or Qatar's....
              Our clubs struggle to pay player wages and bills, but they continue to make the same financial mistakes.

Ideally what you say is true and we need to hire young European coaches for our academy and U17-19 and 23 like the way Qatar did, but bringing big names as i mentioned give visibility to our football as well. Anyway the guy is very young lets see what he does. btw, the deal is not yet finalized.

Comment

He’s in his early fourties and was linked to other Serie A clubs. He seems like a young, viable option. Now if Esteghlal were to pull a Tractor and sign a washed up manager ala Leekens or Toshack then there would be significant issues..

Comment

Wonderful, Branko is heading to KSA

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                    I hope he does.. 3 years at Perspolis and didnt even introduce potential stars for TM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6RoOwSKI7M
                      #WilmotsOUT

Comment

Interesting how Esteghlali fans want him gone more than Persepolis fans.

Comment

Interesting how Esteghlali fans want him gone more than Persepolis fans.
                          I also didnt like him as TM coach.. He is a Tarsoo coach that takes no risk.. no wonder Perspolis lost in the finals of the AFC Champions League.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Real Madrid Fan View Post
                            I also didnt like him as TM coach.. He is a Tarsoo coach that takes no risk.. no wonder Perspolis lost in the finals of the AFC Champions League.
                            He still is one of the best ever (if not the best) Persepolis mangers.

3x League
                            1x Hazfi
                            2x Super cup
                            1x ACL Final
                            And the first double

Comment

He's been very successful for Persepolis, I don't think anyone can dispute that. His record speaks for itself.

It's just the impact he had on TM, which took the best part of a decade to recover from, which sits badly with many fans.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                                He's been very successful for Persepolis, I don't think anyone can dispute that. His record speaks for itself.

It's just the impact he had on TM, which took the best part of a decade to recover from, which sits badly with many fans.
                                Spot on

Comment

Working...
                                X