Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

at least this means an announcement is close. I thought it could be gravensteen in ghent but if you compare pics side by side they dont look alike at all. Towers are totally different shapes.

Comment

Im pretty sure this is Area 51

Comment

Its not Brugges?

Comment

https://twitter.com/FootballScoutIR/...05201791111168

Yes people, he is in Ghent.

Comment

God, why Belgium? You can do so much better than that Milad!

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
              the pic is from brugge not gent. But whichever team it is, think it will be belgian. And maybe milad just isnt as good as we thought. I mean as a free agent, signing with a reputable agency, to only get these official offers at this stage of summer is underwhelming. I feel like he was backup option for better teams in better leagues if they missed out on their top 2-3 choices. But maybe he doesnt want to wait for an offer that may or may not come.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                the pic is from brugge not gent. But whichever team it is, think it will be belgian. And maybe milad just isnt as good as we thought. I mean as a free agent, signing with a reputable agency, to only get these official offers at this stage of summer is underwhelming. I feel like he was backup option for better teams in better leagues if they missed out on their top 2-3 choices. But maybe he doesnt want to wait for an offer that may or may not come.
                Ok, then why doesn't he just extend his contract with Grozny? They were building a decent team and getting new players like Glushakov and Ponce, they could have challenged for Europa League spot too.

Comment

Ok, then why doesn't he just extend his contract with Grozny? They were building a decent team and getting new players like Glushakov and Ponce, they could have challenged for Europa League spot too.
                  well I dont know hoorad do I look like Milad Mohammadi? Maybe he wanted a change of scenery after 5 years in Chechnya. And I hardly think over the hill glushakov or an anji machachakala forward are cause for milad to stay.
                  Even if he goes the belgium he will be far more visible than in chechnya, where scouts would not really go. He is by no means old. 1-2 good seasons of pishraft and showing himself and he would be much better placed to get contract from midtable top 5 league.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                    well I dont know hoorad do I look like Milad Mohammadi? Maybe he wanted a change of scenery after 5 years in Chechnya. And I hardly think over the hill glushakov or an anji machachakala forward are cause for milad to stay.
                    Even if he goes the belgium he will be far more visible than in chechnya, where scouts would not really go. He is by no means old. 1-2 good seasons of pishraft and showing himself and he would be much better placed to get contract from midtable top 5 league.
                    Not sure I quite agree. He was getting noticed by Premier League teams if you recall back in the Winter Transfer Window (actual legitimate intrest), so playing in Russia shouldn't be an excuse not to get signed by better clubs (e.g. Bastos -> Lazio, Bauer -> Stoke City, etc...). Hypothetically, even if he didn't go to different league, he could get offers from Russia top 4 clubs. Kind of disrespectful for a guy who pocketed Asensio and Bernardo Silva in the WC to be downgrading instead of upgrading his club. Especially considering he is LB, which is such a rare and inflated position. Let alone him being a free transfer.

Comment

Not sure I quite agree. He was getting noticed by Premier League teams if you recall back in the Winter Transfer Window (actual legitimate intrest), so playing in Russia shouldn't be an excuse not to get signed by better clubs (e.g. Bastos -> Lazio, Bauer -> Stoke City, etc...). Hypothetically, even if he didn't go to different league, he could get offers from Russia top 4 clubs. Kind of disrespectful for a guy who pocketed Asensio and Bernardo Silva in the WC to be downgrading instead of upgrading his club. Especially considering he is LB, which is such a rare and inflated position. Let alone him being a free transfer.
                      This is your problem hoorad. You think too much about hypotheticals and paper talk. Maybe in a couple more windows you will start to understand. Links online or in theory dont mean jack shit. If milad had offers from top russian teams, he would have gone. If he had offers from PL teams, he would have gone. If he had offers from top 5 leagues, he would have gone. The fact he didnt means that he didnt have those offers. Sure its dissapointing, but its what happened/ is happening. So he needs to make the best of the situation, sign with a solid team that offers him a good paycheck and work from there. I bring up the lack of visibility bc when Hashemi was his agent he literally said that they had trouble getting scouts to watch his games in russia, esp bc it was in chechnya, and PAGs games in qatar. It is definitely a factor. Bauer was a well known player from his time in austria and Bastos had shown himself in a title challenge with rostov and in European competition. Not the same.

And with regards to top russian teams, thats probably the weirdest for me since they have knwledge of his strengths. But you can even logically explain that. RPLs new foreign player rule is qutie restrictive and milad is at best slightly better than the decent russian LBs in the league. He isn't worth somebody like lokomotiv using a now precious foreign player spot on. Spartak have young excellent LB Ayrton, Zenit now have Douglas who is a really good player, Krasnodar have Ramirez and Skopintsev neither of whom milad is better than (probably similar level to both), Lokomotiv have Rybus who was getting solid mins at Lyon just a couple years ago, CSKA already have a young foreign LB as well.

The only team that could feasibly get him was Dynamo Moscow and they seemed to have offered and milad didnt want to go there.

Comment

I don’t see why Gent is getting negative comments. They’re no pushovers and as long as Milad is starting in a league where every aspect of that league is up to date and professionally handled, I’m content.

I want Milad to play for the best teams, however I’ll take Gent over Looleh Keshan e Ghazvin. We need the TM boys to stay fit and in form. That is what a league like Belgium (although not the best), will provide for our boys going into the 2022 WCQ’ing season this year.

Comment

Honestly, MiMo going to Belgium doesn't seem like a bad move. The JPL seems to be developing into a decent pipeline for Persians into Europe. Honestly, if he impresses there, more Belgian teams will look to Iran. On top of than, Brugge is in the Champions League and Gent might be in the Europa League, either way, the quality of players he will be with is improving!

Comment

Gent has a very strong attack, wouldn't be surprised if Milad got 5+ assists this season. With no Europe, they will also do well to push for the title

Comment

Because the Russian league is shit and Belgium is an objectively better place to live in.

Good on MilMo.

Comment

Milad's agent just posted on his IG story that they are at the Gent HQ.. A deal should be announced soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X