This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
    Although I liked Dinmohammadi, its crazy how we got to play regular minutes at a club like Mainz at age 29/30 while we have more younger talented players like Taremi, Ghoddos, Ezatollahi that can't get any looks from any Bundesliga teams.
    Ali Samereh's season at Perugia, Rasoul Khatibi at HSV, we had a fair few fringe players getting good minutes in top european leagues.

I remember at the time Khatibi was no where near TM's first squad after an awful selection of misses in the U23 line ups. Both his 1999 signing at HSV and his unexpected recall from Branko in 2006 were completely out of left field.

That time in 1999 we were getting so many players signed by Bundesliga teams. Yazdani got signed by Leverkusen but after an injury only really played for Leverkusen II. At least Pashazadeh got 14 games for Leverkusen.

Mousavi got picked up by Fortuna Koln with a view to playing for Leverkusen too - but again only turned out for Leverkusen II despite doing well to get a half-dozen of goals for Fortuna Koln

None of the forwards mentioned above really compare with the talent we have these days. Pashazadeh was pretty good though, again until he had an injury and lost h=is pace.

Comment

Looks like Sepahan is interested in Omid Noorafkan. They submitted an offer to Charleroi
      ]Really? Is a move from Europe back to IPL that exciting?

Comment

Although I liked Dinmohammadi, its crazy how we got to play regular minutes at a club like Mainz at age 29/30 while we have more younger talented players like Taremi, Ghoddos, Ezatollahi that can't get any looks from any Bundesliga teams.
        Back to the time Mainz was in 2nd division, and DinMohammadi, Serjik, Mansourian(st-pauli) and few others used to play in Bundesliga II, but yeah, you have a valid point.

Comment

The Iranian administration was doing pretty good during the Khatamai era. Team melli came to Canada and the US for friendlies back then. I went to the Iran vs Canada macth in Ottawa back in the nineties. Then came Ahmadinejads rhetoric and Bush placing Iran on the axis of evil. Now we are the last country that Western countries want to deal with. Othewise we shouod have alot more players in Europe.
          "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
            Ali Samereh's season at Perugia, Rasoul Khatibi at HSV, we had a fair few fringe players getting good minutes in top european leagues.

I remember at the time Khatibi was no where near TM's first squad after an awful selection of misses in the U23 line ups. Both his 1999 signing at HSV and his unexpected recall from Branko in 2006 were completely out of left field.

That time in 1999 we were getting so many players signed by Bundesliga teams. Yazdani got signed by Leverkusen but after an injury only really played for Leverkusen II. At least Pashazadeh got 14 games for Leverkusen.

Mousavi got picked up by Fortuna Koln with a view to playing for Leverkusen too - but again only turned out for Leverkusen II despite doing well to get a half-dozen of goals for Fortuna Koln

None of the forwards mentioned above really compare with the talent we have these days. Pashazadeh was pretty good though, again until he had an injury and lost h=is pace.
            Khatibi got few games as sub only(2 or 3 if I am not wrong).
            Honestly I can't remember if Pasha ever played in league match for Leverkuzen!!
            I think Panjali, Pasha and Yahya were our 3 best CB defender in 80s and 90s and 2000 even though Pasha's prime years were quite short.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
              Equal importance:

1 - annoying fans and their fan culture in general
              2 - their victim mentality
              3 - insane amounts of money they seem to have, yet their fans think they're some sort of ill treated stepchild.
              4. Their links to Sepah.
              Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post

Most of these transfers (clubs and/or league) were too big for several of these players. Unfortunately, they didn't pick the good ones and that's why we struggle to export players in such league/club now.

For example, the 3 players in Charleroi weren't particularly successful (maybe Yazdani), that's why Charleroi were so hesitant to bring iranians for so long.

Beiro (and at a lesser extent Alipour & Torabi) are pi** me off with their probable non transfer. I really hope PP will fail big time this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                  I think Panjali, Pasha and Yahya were our 3 best CB defender in 80s and 90s and 2000 even though Pasha's prime years were quite short.

i think pashazadeh played one or two league games

i remember when he came on in the UEFA cup in 1998 against Udinese -was really great as he was one of the first iranian players to taste the european competitions.

Khatibi had 4 games for an HSV side which in the Champions League. unbelievable....

Comment

Omid Nourafkan signs with Sepahan!

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post

Pashazadeh was the only one of them who apparenlty played well. He suffered a very bad injury, when to Austria and performed well.
                      Yazdani, Mousavi and another player (I can't remember who) apparently embarrassed themselves by being lazy, showing up late to training, and hanging out at nightclubs all the time.

Comment

Here is the Varzesh3 link with photos: https://www.varzesh3.com/news/163124...B9%DA%A9%D8%B3

Comment

Yes, but only on loan till the end of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                            Pashazadeh was the only one of them who apparenlty played well. He suffered a very bad injury, when to Austria and performed well.
                            Yazdani, Mousavi and another player (I can't remember who) apparently embarrassed themselves by being lazy, showing up late to training, and hanging out at nightclubs all the time.
                            I remember all that.
                            As Nima said, Mousavi did quite well in 2nd division with Fortuna Köln but failed with Leverkuzen. Yazdani also did ok in pre season and actually played VS Milan and few other big clubs but didn't see any action in regular season.

Comment

I don't know if this was reported or not, but Perspolis signs Junior Brandão on a season long loan.

https://www.transfermarkt.us/junior-...spieler/592351
                              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%BAnior_Brand%C3%A3o

Comment

Omid Ebrahimi leaves Q-League

He has come to terms with Shahrkhodro MSH.

Comment

Working...
                                X