Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is your favorite team melli player of all time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andranik Teymourian.

Comment

Reza Gucci, no doubt.

Honorable mentions:

Teymourian, Dejagah, Azizi, Mahdavikia, Nekounam, and Daei.

Comment

I'd also add Dejagah and Teymourian to the list. Both warriors on the pitch with gheyrat!

Comment

Mahdavikia, forgot to mention.
          Keep calm and believe in Fairies and Footballers Roxanaz

Comment

Ali Daei, Mahdavikia, Azizi, Bagheri, Alireza Beiranvand

Comment

Karimi love the player but cant stand the guy. IMO He or Daei was our most talented player ever by far.
              Daei - love the player and the guy. He was my biggest idol when I was a kid. He just wanted to play for Iran.
              Bagheri - love the player and the guy
              Ando - A true warrior that always gives 100% and never gives up, it really warms my heart to see an Armenian love his country so much.
              Masoud before he started sucking
              Nekounam - possibly our best CM ever
              Dejagah - A warrior like Ando. Reads the game well and has good distribution.

Comment

This thread has got to make for hard reading for our old-timers...

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                  This thread has got to make for hard reading for our old-timers...
                  Actually it's understandable. We are asking their favorite player. As it's a player they like, it has to be someone they are familiar with. If we were asking who is the best player it would be a different story.
                  I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Daei because he lived next door to my father in ekbatan when he was just starting his career. According to my dad, he was very humble and he went out for chelo kabab a couple times with him haha.

Comment

Past: Daei and Abedzadeh
                      Now: Azmoun and Beirandvand
                      "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

This is a hard one for sure. But because of his accomplishments in terms every side of a footballer’s career, for having one of the best attitudes I vote Mehdi Mahdavikia.

Looking at what Mehdi has accomplished as a player and his status as a former player:

A Bundesliga legend, an AFC (Asia) legend, A Team Melli Iran legend, 2 World Cup experiences, UEFA Champions League, 2 league titles with Persepolis, 2 titles with HSV Hamburg, 2 third place medals in Asian Cup, the man behind KIA Academy (which was and is a success!), player an important role as a role model for our current winger Alireza Jahanbakhsh..

A standup guy, a class act, a real person who genuinely cares for Iranian football.

I vote Mehdi Mahdavikia, hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                          Or just wear an Iran jersey.
                          Unfortunately not recognizable by anyone unless it says Iran on it. :/

Comment

Originally posted by mangekyou View Post
                            Karimi love the player but cant stand the guy. IMO He or Daei was our most talented player ever by far.
                            Daei - love the player and the guy. He was my biggest idol when I was a kid. He just wanted to play for Iran.
                            Bagheri - love the player and the guy
                            Ando - A true warrior that always gives 100% and never gives up, it really warms my heart to see an Armenian love his country so much.
                            Masoud before he started sucking
                            Nekounam - possibly our best CM ever
                            Dejagah - A warrior like Ando. Reads the game well and has good distribution.
                            I like Masoud as a person but with all due respect, as a player how can you even have his name together with those guys?

Comment

Karimi, Daei, Bagheri, Zandi, Abedzadeh..

Comment

1. Mehdi Mahdavikia - some of his goals were sublime
                                2. Daei - running around the Melbourne track raising the flag immortal
                                3. Khodadad Azizi

Biased towards whole WC98 team that brought so much joy.
                                Abedzadeh, bagheri, estili, zarincheh, pashazadeh, minavand

After WC98:
                                1.Sardar
                                2.Ando

Comment

Working...
                                X