Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What were the biggest flaws of CQ as team melli coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sarbaze-Vatan View Post
    The most qualified IPL coaches are as follows respectively:

1. Branko Ivankovic
    2. Winfried Schaefer
    3. Amir Ghalenoei
    4. Majid Jalali
    But a qualified IPL coach does not make a good TM coach.

We've had Branko already. We know what we will get. Why not try something new and add to our football?

Comment

For all the bullshit he had to deal with from IR goons, the man was the best head coach, not only for Iran, but in the world. I don't have an ounce of criticism for the man. Some people are picking on his fights with league coaches and beef with some players, but I applaud him for it. He was fighting against the poor qualities of our farhang. He was fighting against people who thought they were too good for rules and regulations. I wish he played a bit more offensive in some games because our players seemed capable on the WC stage, but he got results and that's all that really matters. Damesh garm.

Comment

The biggest flaw as a Team Melli Head Coach for Carlos Queiroz for the psychological well being of Carlos Queiroz was not quitting as Team Melli Head Coach in the summer of 2011, two months after he was signed.

That was his biggest flaw.

But his biggest attribute which was his heart and love he had for Iran made him stay for 8 years and have his name be written in the history of Iranian football as the best Team Melli head coach.

Carlos Queiroz was supported by Mohajerani who some argue is up there as one of the best Team Melli head coaches in our history. So that itself tells you a lot.

That was his biggest flaw overshadowing his smaller flaws which consisted of having a temper and being overly negative at times.

Comment

This! In addition to not being a very good coach and not really having any other tactics not to mention poor attitude. The kind of attitude that merited being fired in the first 3 months. He also met with Colombia and started negotiating and releasing news while we were in the Asian Cup which is hugely unprofessional and disloyal if you ask me. He caused a huge distraction for Tm and behaved in a way that many tm fans turned their back on their national team just because of him. Everyday that passes by the happier I am that he is gone. good riddance!

من کارلوس را می شناسم، مربی خوبی است. اما شاید مشکل بزرگ شاید ترس بود. اینکه چرا ایران در العین برابر ژاپن شکست خورد؟ چون می ترسید. وقتی می ترسید نمی توانید خلاقیت داشته باشید. و بار دیگر می خواهم تکرار کنم باید به بازیکن همه جور امکانات برای اینکه خوب بازی کند بدهیم. اگر مربی برابر ژاپن بترسد بازیکن نمی تواند نمایش خوبی داشته باشد. اگر بخواهیم برگردیم به کلینزمن، باید بگویم در ایران ما معلم فوتبال نیاز داریم که استعداد زیادی داشته باشد. ما آکادمی فوتبال داریم و باید یک مرکز تمرین برای بهترین بازیکن ها باشد. آنجا سرمربی با کمک مربی هایش هر هفته استعدادها را برای بازی بیاورد و آنجاست که همه چیز اوج می گیرد. یورگن کلینزمن مربی بسیار خوب است اما به ایران نمی آید.

https://www.varzesh3.com/news/160632...A7%D8%B3%D8%AA

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
            This! In addition to not being a very good coach and not really having any other tactics not to mention poor attitude. The kind of attitude that merited being fired in the first 3 months. He also met with Colombia and started negotiating and releasing news while we were in the Asian Cup which is hugely unprofessional and disloyal if you ask me. He caused a huge distraction for Tm and behaved in a way that many tm fans turned their back on their national team just because of him. Everyday that passes by the happier I am that he is gone. good riddance!
            It's not unprofessional or disloyal. CQ's contract had expired and he told IFF he wasn't renewing. He is allowed to talk to future employers for when his contract has expired.
            Talking about unprofessiona,l how about IFF was not paying coaches salaries and other bullshit they were pulling off. Let's see how many "professional" coaches want the TM position now.

Comment

Originally posted by pdot View Post
              It's not unprofessional or disloyal. CQ's contract had expired and he told IFF he wasn't renewing. He is allowed to talk to future employers for when his contract has expired.
              Talking about unprofessiona,l how about IFF was not paying coaches salaries and other bullshit they were pulling off. Let's see how many "professional" coaches want the TM position now.
              Wrong! Obviously the contract had not expired. We were in the midst of a tournament. This is always seen as unprofessional and a huge distraction. He knew he was gone and didn't care really how we did in the tournament. He was worried about his "new adventure". Don't worry after the Mozambican Mayeli Kohan is looking good. IFF was unprofessional and down right treacherous if you ask me. They acted against national interests the way they handled the whole thing.

Comment

Wrong! Obviously the contract had not expired. We were in the midst of a tournament. This is always seen as unprofessional and a huge distraction. He knew he was gone and didn't care really how we did in the tournament. He was worried about his "new adventure". Don't worry after the Mozambican Mayeli Kohan is looking good. IFF was unprofessional and down right treacherous if you ask me. They acted against national interests the way they handled the whole thing.
                Actually the contract expired as soon as IFF decided not to pay CQ. He did us a favour by coaching us through a tournament while not getting paid. Any other coach would have left way earlier rather than deal with IFF's bullshit.

If you actually believe CQ was not professional, let's see how many coaches are willing to take the job now? One already backed out after finding out about payment issues.

Comment

Good to hear all of the opinions here.
                  I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

He didn’t trust the team enough to open up play and attack. It would have been nice to see us play a more attacking style to see what we had if anything.

Comment

Originally posted by AMIRHOUSHANG View Post
                      He didn’t trust the team enough to open up play and attack. It would have been nice to see us play a more attacking style to see what we had if anything.
                      It's not about trust, it's about knowing your strengths and playing to them. Carlos knew his best bet was to play a defensive style, using physicality, and speedy counters. We did open up in certain matches and some of them were against oponents like turkey and Bosnia, who both clearly outplayed us and scored multiple goals VS the Zero or 1 we'd usually concede.

It may have not been the most attractive to watch at times but the results were great, and when the system worked, it was great to see.

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
                        It's not about trust, it's about knowing your strengths and playing to them. Carlos knew his best bet was to play a defensive style, using physicality, and speedy counters. We did open up in certain matches and some of them were against oponents like turkey and Bosnia, who both clearly outplayed us and scored multiple goals VS the Zero or 1 we'd usually concede.

It may have not been the most attractive to watch at times but the results were great, and when the system worked, it was great to see.
                        Good point.
                        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
                          I genuinely think a sizeable number of people do find this disciplined football attractive to watch, particularly in the stadium. Seeing all the team moving as one, sticking to their lines perfectly and keeping shape, I found watching the unit mesmerising.

And a surreal experience - the contrast between this set-up (as european football pundits described us, "similar to a well-drilled club side") and deimi football in the past where people were running in random directions (was it our friend Lezawang who described us as "chicken runners", I wonder where he is today....)

Our stadium fans were applauding our crunching tackles as much as English championship sides' fans do in all the recent tournaments. I get that people like to see silky attacking moves, but where are our playmakers? We have to be honest and accept that we have some great wing-forwards and defensive midfielders but we genuinely don't have the creative attacking midfielder that other nations have, since Khalatbari at least. JB, Ghoddos, Torabi, Taremi and many others are talented in their individual ways but not in that sense. I criticised CQ's decision to exclude Khalatbari from 2014 given his form in the qualifiers, but in the end I do think he was vindicated as he just wouldn't have fit into that setup. But more than anything, I think he recognised the lack of talent we currently had in that department and had to find other ways to build a team.....

The guy was a pragmatist. I felt he extracted the last drop from this team, making better players out of the likes of Amiri, Ebrahimi etc... We didn't have the European award winning talented midfielders of the past like Mahdavikia, Karimi etc... so we had to have a pragmatic game plan which would work over 90 minutes in the world cups.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                            I

And a surreal experience - the contrast between this set-up (as european football pundits described us, "similar to a well-drilled club side") and deimi football in the past where people were running in random directions (was it our friend Lezawang who described us as "chicken runners", I wonder where he is today....)

Our stadium fans were applauding our crunching tackles as much as English championship sides' fans do in all the recent tournaments. I get that people like to see silky attacking moves, but where are our playmakers? We have to be honest and accept that we have some great wing-forwards and defensive midfielders but we genuinely don't have the creative attacking midfielder that other nations have, since Khalatbari at least. JB, Ghoddos, Torabi, Taremi and many others are talented in their individual ways but not in that sense. I criticised CQ's decision to exclude Khalatbari from 2014 given his form in the qualifiers, but in the end I do think he was vindicated as he just wouldn't have fit into that setup. But more than anything, I think he recognised the lack of talent we currently had in that department and had to find other ways to build a team.....

The guy was a pragmatist. I felt he extracted the last drop from this team, making better players out of the likes of Amiri, Ebrahimi etc... We didn't have the European award winning talented midfielders of the past like Mahdavikia, Karimi etc... so we had to have a pragmatic game plan which would work over 90 minutes in the world cups.
                            Great post. I was in the stsdium for the Morocco game. It looked like we were set up for war and we did cheer every tackle. Ebrahimi's double tackle and pass which led to Azmouns first half chance got huge roars out of us.

I doubt the lackadaisical attacking approach of like Perspolis and Esteghlal now (basically midfielders dribbling past players and skying a shot the wing or crossing to no one..would get the same response)

Comment

Truth is he made our players much less individually. All experts know and agree when you park the bus you certainly are not getting maximum potential out of your players. This is actually another one of his flaws. He wasted some great talents. This opinion is backed by the lack of players going to big clubs. Lack of any offensive performance worthy of mention, and lack of shots on goal and goals. Oh yah I forgot people don't like stats much in here they like to spew fallacies and run with it.

Comment

Truth is he made our players much less individually. All experts know and agree when you park the bus you certainly are not getting maximum potential out of your players. This is actually another one of his flaws. He wasted some great talents. This opinion is backed by the lack of players going to big clubs. Lack of any offensive performance worthy of mention, and lack of shots on goal and goals. Oh yah I forgot people don't like stats much in here they like to spew fallacies and run with it.
                                Our players not going to big clubs is hardly just because of a systemic approach to the World Cup though.

I've learned that despite some of our stars actually not playing up to standard when they get there(jahankbakhsh this year for example) our players do deserve places on certain teams in Europe. Look at Brighton itself. Mohammadi is far better than any of their LBs. Hell even Perspolis's Ansari is better.

Of course being Iranian/money issues/ease of transfers etc plays a role in things like that. Azmoun has decimated some powerful teams. But sadly in January, the chinese striker Wu Lei(who is 27 and couldn't do anything against Hosseini/PAG) got a deal to Real Sociedad. The Iceland team(who was organized, but nowhere near as exciting to watch as Iran) got excellent deals. Sometimes that stuff is out of our control.

Comment

Working...
                                X