Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What were the biggest flaws of CQ as team melli coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
    tired of folks giving too much shitt to CQ for excluding Khalatbari from WC14 squad..!!
    he was too raw and lightweight also always only an occasional sub in CQ' TM..!! I certainly wasnt surprised to see him dropped .... and he certainly wasnt going to be much if any of a factor had he been there..!!
    on the offensive front imo, in decent-form AK8 and young but obvious exceptional talent Azmoun not making the final squad was a far more surprising exclusions..! he simply went way too defensive in his WC14 Traveling squad selection and taking along the useless/injured Beikzade and roudarbasi invite of Beitashour were the big head-scrathers..!!
    True. Alos people forget that Khalatbari was dropped in favor of Jahanbakhsh! This, I believe, in a hindsight was actually one of the best decisions CQ made in his selection.

Comment

The Khalatbari thing does not bother me as much as not incorporating Ghoddos into the next one.

If I remember correctly, 85th minute Jahanbakhsh crossed out Zabaleta and dinked a ball to Gucci that if he were slightly quicker he would have been able to go 1v1 vs Romero instead of forcing a weak easy shot when pressed. If that goes in.. its a 1-0 against Argentina at the WC, our greatest accomplishment.

Khalatbari also would have been invisible vs Nigeria since they were manhandling us whenever we got into their half of the field.

Comment

I will never, ever understand why Ghoddos featured so little in TM. IMO he is our best talent by some distance, and the team should have been built around him.

That said, what CQ did with the crop of players he had was unbelievable, and anyone who discredits that is living in la la land. I am sure he had his reasons for not playing Ghoddos, whether we understand them or not. Compare the players he had to the ones of the previous decade and in every position the previous TM was superior (GK aside). He created a perfectly gelled team in near impossible working conditions. No manager will ever put up with the crap he did and stay with us for so long. We may eventually lift an Asian Cup or get into the WC knockouts, but I honestly don't believe we will ever see a more consistent national team for such a sustained period as CQ's Team Melli.

All I can say to everyone who speaks poorly of CQ's time here - wait and see how our non-CQ TM performs. My hopes are not high.
        ballast parcham bi boro bargard refigh negaran nabash bikhod to aslan

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianEh View Post
          I will never, ever understand why Ghoddos featured so little in TM. IMO he is our best talent by some distance, and the team should have been built around him.

That said, what CQ did with the crop of players he had was unbelievable, and anyone who discredits that is living in la la land. I am sure he had his reasons for not playing Ghoddos, whether we understand them or not. Compare the players he had to the ones of the previous decade and in every position the previous TM was superior (GK aside). He created a perfectly gelled team in near impossible working conditions. No manager will ever put up with the crap he did and stay with us for so long. We may eventually lift an Asian Cup or get into the WC knockouts, but I honestly don't believe we will ever see a more consistent national team for such a sustained period as CQ's Team Melli.

All I can say to everyone who speaks poorly of CQ's time here - wait and see how our non-CQ TM performs. My hopes are not high.
          Ghoddos isn't our best talent at all. Our best talents are as follows:

1. Sardar Azmoun
          2. Alireza Jahanbakhsh
          3. Saeid Ezatollahi
          4. Alireza Beiravand
          5. Saman Ghoddos

I can see him being 3-5, but he isn't anywhere near AJ or Azmoun.

Comment

Originally posted by pdot View Post
            Ghoddos isn't our best talent at all. Our best talents are as follows:

1. Sardar Azmoun
            2. Alireza Jahanbakhsh
            3. Saeid Ezatollahi
            4. Alireza Beiravand
            5. Saman Ghoddos

I can see him being 3-5, but he isn't anywhere near AJ or Azmoun.
            Just wondering why you rate Ghoddos lower talent-wise?

In terms of his success, he has achieved less than JB's wonder season, then again Ghoddos is the only Iranian footballer who has had a top level coach waxing lyrical about him (A.W.)

Find it odd that you placed one a lot above the other.

I like both players and rate them pretty much equally in terms of talent, though they have somewhat different traits.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
              Just wondering why you rate Ghoddos lower talent-wise?
              In terms of his success, he has achieved less than JB's wonder season, then again Ghoddos is the only Iranian footballer who has had a top level coach waxing lyrical about him (A.W.)
              Find it odd that you placed one a lot above the other.
              I like both players and rate them pretty much equally in terms of talent, though they have somewhat different traits.
              Ghoddos position will make it seem like he is a better player. He plays a similar position compared to goochenjad. By playing more centre and advanced you can see better and you have less responsibility defensively or to worry about playmaking. In terms of skills they have different skillset but Jahanbakhsh is more world class with playmaking and passing. Where Ghoddos skillsets of shooting and strength aren't worldclass level.

With that said Azmoun is still is our best talent even if you rank Ghoddos second.

Comment

Ghodoos is an overall higher caliber and more complete footballer/attacker than ARJ, imo..!
                he hasnt quiet settled in yet in TM but neither has ARJ with more than 3 times the trials..!! I'd expect him to become a vital offensive weapon for TM in coming years with the probable more attacking team formation and overall tactics that IFF is claiming to chase after in their next coaching candidate..!
                with Ashkan on his last legs, and Taremi sticking to just chasing $$s in shitty ayrab leagues, i'd probably peg him as the second most talented overall footballer after Azmoun in TM..!

Comment

a coach willing to live in Iran, deal with a bunch of rishoo idiots, get no friendlies, a paycheck that may or may not come, a team that can't get genuine football jerseys, a domestic league full of backstabbers......

How can anyone turn down such an opportunity. Seems like a dream job for any world class coach. That's why taj and company are just turning away one candidate after another .....
                  “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
                    a coach willing to live in Iran, deal with a bunch of rishoo idiots, get no friendlies, a paycheck that may or may not come, a team that can't get genuine football jerseys, a domestic league full of backstabbers......

How can anyone turn down such an opportunity. Seems like a dream job for any world class coach. That's why taj and company are just turning away one candidate after another .....
                    arre baba hamino bego..!!
                    i really dont know what gives..??

Comment

Respectfully, I disagree with all of you on Khalatbari. In my opinion, we would have been stronger if we had Khalatbari in the lineup for world cup 2014. He was playing very well before that prior to world cup 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by the matrix1 View Post
                        Respectfully, I disagree with all of you on Khalatbari. In my opinion, we would have been stronger if we had Khalatbari in the lineup for world cup 2014. He was playing very well before that prior to world cup 2014.
                        yes he was playing well against teams like uzbekistan, qatar, and lebanon......when you put him in the ring with physical specimens like the players on nigeria and argentina he would have been invisible
                        Team Meli Iran
                        Perspolis FC
                        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                          yes he was playing well against teams like uzbekistan, qatar, and lebanon......when you put him in the ring with physical specimens like the players on nigeria and argentina he would have been invisible
                          No, did you forget the Russia game? He was the only one able to score for us in that match and Russia were aggressive in that match. He might not been influential vs Nigeria but he might have helped vs Argentina.

Comment

Why is this thread even open?

CQ is the BEST thing to ever happen to TM. I do not think any of you understand this. Even if there was one flaw, you move past it and appreciate the million great things he has done. A true reform in our soccer landscape happened. Makes no sense for people to start useless threads that are meaningless. If you are bored, beat your ..... , but do not post threads like this. For one second just think to yourself what the man has done.

Comment

Originally posted by LoveTeamMelli View Post
                              Why is this thread even open?

CQ is the BEST thing to ever happen to TM. I do not think any of you understand this. Even if there was one flaw, you move past it and appreciate the million great things he has done. A true reform in our soccer landscape happened. Makes no sense for people to start useless threads that are meaningless. If you are bored, beat your ..... , but do not post threads like this. For one second just think to yourself what the man has done.
                              Dadash. This thread is not thrashing CQ. We are just discussing his flaws. All we’re doing is collecting opinions.

Comment

The most qualified IPL coaches are as follows respectively:

1. Branko Ivankovic
                                2. Winfried Schaefer
                                3. Amir Ghalenoei
                                4. Majid Jalali

Comment

Working...
                                X