Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What were the biggest flaws of CQ as team melli coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sly View Post
    Which means he was perfect for us! It was his hotheaded temperamental personality that made things work for us! I would rather say that was among many of his benefits.
    Ditto. I tried to be diplomatic by mentioning his biggest "flaw" and then later on reasoned that trait!

Comment

BTW folks, any word on how he's doing with Colombia? I mean are Colombians after their few friendlies under CQ complaining about his defensive tactics? Or is he playing defensive with them at all? Is he engaging in fights and arguments with their football federation and people in charge?

Comment

Originally posted by mangekyou View Post
        why did we not develop/scout any talents? I mean, we are a nation of 80 million+ How come we didn't see any Karimis, Daeis, Mahdavikias, Zandis, and Bagheris during his 8 years as coach? (Dont tell me Jahanbakhsh and Azmoun are talents)

I don't want to rock the boat over here, but I do think Azmoun and Jahanbakhsh might have some talent.

Do you think Azmoun is less talented than Zandi?

Comment

The only flaw of CQ was he did not consult with PFDC experts before any decisions he made!
          CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
            The only flaw of CQ was he did not consult with PFDC experts before any decisions he made!
            Exactly .... He could have just asked any of us , this comment made my day

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
              I don't want to rock the boat over here, but I do think Azmoun and Jahanbakhsh might have some talent.

Do you think Azmoun is less talented than Zandi?
              Honestly I'm not sure about Azmoun. He is one of our least consistent players ever. I think I was 12-13 when Zandi was playing but from what I remember, he was a consistent player. Azmoun on the other hand, he has to miss 10 open chances before he scores 10 brilliant goals.

Comment

Originally posted by mangekyou View Post
                Honestly I'm not sure about Azmoun. He is one of our least consistent players ever. I think I was 12-13 when Zandi was playing but from what I remember, he was a consistent player. Azmoun on the other hand, he has to miss 10 open chances before he scores 10 brilliant goals.
                I was a lot older when I saw Zandi.

Again, I don't want to be really controversial, but I think Azmoun is more talented than Zandi.

I guess it's fair to have different opinions on this

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                  I was a lot older when I saw Zandi.

Again, I don't want to be really controversial, but I think Azmoun is more talented than Zandi.

I guess it's fair to have different opinions on this
                  Not at all. I'm an open minded guy, If proven wrong I will admit it. But i dont see Azmoun as a talent. Maybe Zandi was not either. To me, Azmoun is more the kind of a player that sometimes has his moments and shines. But no talent.

Comment

Iranian football culture is sick. People in it are sick, people running it are sick.
                    No one can survive and flourish in such a system. That includes players, coaches, managers, even the TV commentator, etc. etc.
                    Whatever assessment of a coach is presented, one needs to understand the circumstances in Iran.

That said, no coach is flawless. They have good and they have bad. CQ on the other hand, made an overall positive impact on Iranian football. Whether he picked this player over the other, or didn't win the game against Japan, and what not, is immaterial.
                    He changed how we think about our football and its culture. For that, he was one of the best that Iran has ever seen as coach. No other come close!

Comment

We don’t know what the background was for dropping those players but everyone knows Carlos never kept anyone in the team that thought and expressed that they were above the team. And the result was the most united team Melli players we ever had. Let’s face it, for example in the 2014 wold cup that probably was our weakest on paper squad (drawn from a relatively weak pool) of players and what made us be able to fight was the fact that the team was completed united and each player fought for each other. And this grew and we saw how well we did in the 2018 World Cup again with the unity of the team.

I think the Asia cup his beef with Branko and the escalation was unreasonable, that was his biggest mistake in my
                      Opinion. I also agree I would’ve liked to see more of torabi and Ghoddos in the Asia cup and word cup 2018. But this isn’t a flaw it’s an unfair argument because if we had won we wouldn’t be able to criticize this decision we can only do it because we didn’t so it’s unreasonable.
                      --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                      --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                      ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                      --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                      ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

CQ is a great coach and did amazing for our TM. He introduced young blood into TM tried out many different players in every position. He retired older players, taking great risks because his vision was for long term. He truly cared about Iranian football and wanted to give it a future at the same time bring respect and identity to the team. We were disciplined and organized, never lacked team spirit, our defense was world class.
                        If players did not lose their focus vs Japan it was possible to win the whole thing, the team was being very consistent and used its strengths to its advantage. If TM had more specially talented players like we had a decade ago the results would be glorious, but hey we had what we had and the our coach did a great job. Unfortunately currently we have only one specially talented players in the squad which is Beiranvand. Azmoun and Jahanbakhsh do not fit the category in my opinion.
                        He was too great to talk about short comings, nothing short of appreciation should be uttered.
                        A+ all the way!!!

Comment

1. players selection >>

WC 2014, dropping khalatbari while taking players like khosrow heydari lol

WC 2018 and AC 19 not adding ghlizadeh to final 23 and kaveh respectively.

2. failure to utilize players

WC 2018 keeping ghoddos on the bench for the whole tournament. think he saw a total of 30 out of 270 minutes. a combo with JB would have been deadly for us

not playing our most clutch player ever in the most desperate moment of our TMs history. i still think what could have been if that was guccis left foot and not taremis

3. insisting on inviting players like masoud, karim, and hajsafi who have not performed well for TM in recent years.

4. feeding into the drama with the scum of iranian football , branko, karimi, etc. instead of focusing on building a solid offensive attack for TM (our defense however was flawless)

other than that i am very thankful for CQ. he brought lots of joy to me personally and i know many others too
                          SHOW TIME!

Comment

I don't want to bring the past up again, although Carlos was the greatest team melli coach we ever had to date, his actions contributed to killing all of Khalatbaris confidence and skills in football which really negatively affected him. I really didnt like how CQ threw some of our really good players under the boss. Khalatbari, Ghafouri and Gucci being one of so many... What I mean is CQ clearly had a favorite set of players he chose from and he had his own favourites like Amiri, Hajsafi and Ansarifard that he kept on playing from time to time even when many of us were against him for playing those players... So guys please dont act like CQ was a saint cause he definitely was not and he had alot of his own flaws as well.

Comment

tired of folks giving too much shitt to CQ for excluding Khalatbari from WC14 squad..!!
                              he was too raw and lightweight also always only an occasional sub in CQ' TM..!! I certainly wasnt surprised to see him dropped .... and he certainly wasnt going to be much if any of a factor had he been there..!!
                              on the offensive front imo, in decent-form AK8 and young but obvious exceptional talent Azmoun not making the final squad was a far more surprising exclusions..! he simply went way too defensive in his WC14 Traveling squad selection and taking along the useless/injured Beikzade and roudarbasi invite of Beitashour were the big head-scrathers..!!

Comment

Money....it's a hit
                                don't give me that good good good bullllllllllll sh&t!

کی*روش در گفت*وگو با ایسنا: تاج خود را پشت تحریم*ها پنهان می*کند/ بخاطر او از ایران شکایت کردم

and then....

شکایت فدراسیون فوتبال از کی*روش به کمیته اخلاق فیفا/ فغانپور: پول او را به
                                AFC
                                داده*ایم

Comment

Working...
                                X