Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What were the biggest flaws of CQ as team melli coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
    Thanks, though reading the post before mine makes me think we just don't deserve good things and happiness....

We deserve what we get, I guess.
    Precisely..!
    Khalaayegh har che layegh..!

All you lot who nitpicked & bitched & whined about CQ are about to get what’s coming to you ..!
    If you even lucky enough to get the likely Dogshitt replacement coach in anything resembling a timely manner..!

Comment

He was overwhelmingly Passionate (which I think is a strength, but may have ultimately led to his departure), and deep down a Hamvatan with a heart of gold.

Comment

There are no scraps in cqs scrapbook
        WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Too defensive and didnt take advantage of great players like Ghoddos & Khalatbari

Comment

He was flawless for us. He brought hope and joy for a nation that has been hijacked and tortured for 40 years!

Comment

گئومات

Comment

Many of his flaws have already been mentioned. His biggest flaw is that he really is not a very good coach or tactician. He was and is a one trick pony. His trick, park the bus and try to score on quick counters (kick and chase), throw ins, free kicks, and corners. Too defensive detrimentally so to our offense, there was no need for Sardar or Taremi to have to comeback in our Box to defend nor did we need to play with 8 defensive mid type of players.

Another big flaw was that he did not believe in our football. In his eyes we are much lower level than we are in our own eyes and many others' in Asia. Statistically speaking his biggest flaw was his record and not winning anything. His record can be acceptable for a mediocre coach but not someone who is talked about as one of the best coaches in the world.

Comment

I was also sad the way Gucci's career in team melli was over and he didn't even get playing time in the last world cup. While I am sure Ansarifard is a great guy in real life he sucks at football. I don't know how this guy repeatedly gets invited to team melli. I am starting to think he must have very good connections in Iran. lol.

Comment

Lack of attacking football. Too defensive to a fault

Comment

cq did his very best. being a iran coach with sanction and no money and goverment intervention is not easy. believe me. he could have played ghoddos more, i think. but iran went to 2 world cup. asian cup we went last 4.i think his relationship with local coaches could have been better, but we dont have a world class domestic coach

Comment

He was the best we could do, but he wasn't perfect. Also he was expensive as hell...I'm ok with him leaving...assuming we get a non iranian coach.
                        Original Ehsan of IK ISP and PFDC from 1999/2000!

Comment

1. He didn't believe in us. We were always the underdogs.
                          2. Played too much defense.
                          3. Dropped Khalatbari.
                          4. Used the same tactic for every single game that wasn't vs Somalia (parking the bus and relying on set pieces and counter attacks)
                          5. Didnt play Ghoddos enough
                          6. Didn't start Dejagah in WC. (Did he even get playtime?)
                          7. Ok this is maybe not his fault, but why did we not develop/scout any talents? I mean, we are a nation of 80 million+ How come we didn't see any Karimis, Daeis, Mahdavikias, Zandis, and Bagheris during his 8 years as coach? (Dont tell me Jahanbakhsh and Azmoun are talents)
                          8. his biggest flaw by far though is not winning anything!
                          sti
                          That being said. I do believe he revived our football and gave us a new hope.

Comment

If I could pinpoint one big flaw. It would be his hotheaded and temperamental personality. I wish he were a bit more diplomat and calmer in the way he carried out and conveyed his messages. However having said that, non of the above would have worked with the IR and its IFF puppets. In other words in Iran you don't earn your rights, you fight your but off for it and win it if you're lucky and gutsy!

Originally posted by marand92 View Post

- Ending Rahmati's international career over Davari who couldn't give a fk about team melli
                            Rahmati's exclusion from TM had nothing to do with Davari. Rahmati out of the blue and with no given reason decided to say Goodbye to TM. He didn't even bother notifying CQ prior to making that decision public. Of course CQ would exclude him from there on. I would have done the same. It was about time that a coach with some big balls stand up against these "Star player" and put them in their place. Hadi Aghili was the next player who pulled the same stunt and consequently got dropped out of TM list.

Comment

Originally posted by mangekyou View Post
                              1. He didn't believe in us. We were always the underdogs.
                              But didn't that mental game work for us? We all knew it was all just a psychological mind games he often pulled against even weaker teams. But did it even matter?

He realized our boys upon prior victories, often get cocky and too complacent. He had to mentally place them in such state of mind to go all out, fight and win.

A great attacking team with faulty and unreliable defense is meaningless. He had to build our defense strong, in order to attack/counterattack and win games. Please don't tell me against teams like Spain and Portugal we expected our team to play an entertainingly attacking football. Japan did that and we saw how despite having a 2 goal lead against Belgium they conceded late goals lost the game!

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                                If I could pinpoint one big flaw. It would be his hotheaded and temperamental personality. I wish he were a bit more diplomat and calmer in the way he carried out and conveyed his messages. However having said that, non of the above would have worked with the IR and its IFF puppets. In other words in Iran you don't earn your rights, you fight your but off for it and win it if you're lucky and gutsy!
                                Which means he was perfect for us! It was his hotheaded temperamental personality that made things work for us! I would rather say that was among many of his benefits.

Comment

Working...
                                X