Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What were the biggest flaws of CQ as team melli coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are right Aghajanian was One of the assistants. Markar is in no way someone who had the experience or the pedagree to be Carlo's successor. This guy doesn't even have any significant coaching experience! I think he manages Damash for a year and that's it!

You have any other thing to say about my reasons or that is it?

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
      How does one say CQ made a negative environment around TM when Branko literally had his players yelling at each other and slapping each other on multiple occassions (Oman, Mexico,Portugal etc).

Then theres GN yelling at people saying "man varedam shoma harf nazan" to reporters over him calling Dinosaur Mahmoud Fekri
      Vow seriously you CQ fans are something else... So everything is about comparing CQ to Ivankovic?

Ivankovic and GN were also toxic. What is your point? CQ was fighting against everyone and everything.

Comment

Originally posted by rightoussoul View Post
        Vow seriously you CQ fans are something else... So everything is about comparing CQ to Ivankovic?

Ivankovic and GN were also toxic. What is your point? CQ was fighting against everyone and everything.
        The dyscalculia-suffering poster I was addressing always makes comparisons. I personally believe fighting your federation so they cut out their corrupt ways and help the team is better than being so inept/mafia-like that your players are hitting each other on the field/your bodyguards throw reporters from the room.

Comment

You are right Aghajanian was One of the assistants
          Dude, if you're getting something as obvious as that wrong about a guy who was an assistant for 8 whole years, then I'm not sure how closely you've actually been following TM...

- we still couldn't put three passes togather..

And we could do that before? Have you been watching TM over the last few decades...? I haven't seen us string passes well together since the 70s, if anything Queiroz was much better at this than his predecessors. The games you are mentioning are WC games where he had to build a defensive unit to maximise our chance of a result. As it happened the shape and discipline of the team was something we had never seen before.

Can you tell me a coach who played football where we could string passes together?

Clearly you thought Queiroz was our most damaging coach, more than Mayeli Kohan, GN, Branko and many others: http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...do=showresults

So who was the best coach for our footballers, who did we play the best football with?

Ivankovic and GN were also toxic..
          I've got a feeling you're living in a dreamworld utopia, where Iran isn't a pariah state, doesn't have huge politics problems, infrastructure problems etc...

Or has talented midfielders who are proficient at playmaking, not outside forwards like JB/Ghoddos/Taremi even Torabi. We just don't have any central midfielders and attacking midfielders coming through the ranks, we are woefully behind Japan, Korea and even some other Asian teams at this, when in the past they were jealous of our midfielders like Mahdavikia, Karimi, Nekounam. We had the best in Asia.

It's a testament that he managed to get the most out of players like Amiri and Ebrahimi etc....

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
            The dyscalculia-suffering poster I was addressing always makes comparisons. I personally believe fighting your federation so they cut out their corrupt ways and help the team is better than being so inept/mafia-like that your players are hitting each other on the field/your bodyguards throw reporters from the room.
            Honestly this Ivankovic, CQ thing has to end!

For me they both failed and should never be TM coach again.

We can argue day and night about who failed less but what's the point really?

In regards to fighting corruption in the federation, I respectfully disagree. CQ was hired to coach TM and get us results his job wasn't to end corruption. Iran has been corrupt in every way for the last 200-300 years its everywhere from the municipality to the hospitals to revenue agency..... A foreign football coach is not going to change anything. There are alot of federations that are corrupt but the national teams still get results.

He also picked fights other coaches, former players and journalists. His issue is that he didn't tolerate anyone critisizing him which lead to alot of fans.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Comment

Honestly this Ivankovic, CQ thing has to end!

We can argue day and night about who failed less but what's the point really?
              There isn't any obvious point, but you clearly consider him to be more damaging to the national team than any other coach we have had. Which is fair enough, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

He also picked fights other coaches, former players and journalists. His issue is that he didn't tolerate anyone critisizing him which lead to alot of fans.
              He's a hothead, for good or for bad. In terms of picking fights, one could argue whether many of them were started by him, but certainly he may not have responded well or diffused the situation. There's not debate about that. We've had other coaches who are hotheads. He made a siege mentality similar to Mourinho, similar to Ferguson and some other coaches.

The most important thing for me was the impact on the players and the team, and I haven't seen as unified a TM in decades. So for me, this double-edged sword wielded dividends for the national setup, and made me proud. I hadn't seen this before. Had you?

I presume you were equally perturbed as you're trying to be now when our players were slapping each other, shouting at each other, not passing to each other over the last few decades....?
              Be honest please

Comment

Rightoussoul, one question for you:

Have you ever seen a more unified Team Melli than we have had?

If you agree that we haven't, then why is hashieh/siege mentality tactics between him and federation or club coaches even an issue?

Did it stop him from picking players like Beiranvand? No.
                Did it stop them from performing for TM? No.
                Did the players not kill themselves on the pitch, compared to previous TMs...?

I mean come on, criticism is fair but we need to be realistic and pragmatic here FFS

Comment

Vow seriously you CQ fans are something else...
                  You have to ask yourself whether we are CQ "fans" or just putting credit where credit is due, and appreciating someone who brought about a paradigm shift in our football, where we thought it wasn't possible.

The guy's gone, he's no longer here. What's in it for us? Fans of Persepolis like perspolis#1, people who have no club allegiance like me, and the range of other fans...?

It's just a complete frustration of the lack of any respect for what this guy contributed to our football given what he had. We'll never get any kind of coach if we can't appreciate things properly....

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                    Dude, if you're getting something as obvious as that wrong about a guy who was an assistant for 8 whole years, then I'm not sure how closely you've actually been following TM...

And we could do that before? Have you been watching TM over the last few decades...? I haven't seen us string passes well together since the 70s, if anything Queiroz was much better at this than his predecessors. The games you are mentioning are WC games where he had to build a defensive unit to maximise our chance of a result. As it happened the shape and discipline of the team was something we had never seen before.

Can you tell me a coach who played football where we could string passes together?

Clearly you thought Queiroz was our most damaging coach, more than Mayeli Kohan, GN, Branko and many others: http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...do=showresults

So who was the best coach for our footballers, who did we play the best football with?

I've got a feeling you're living in a dreamworld utopia, where Iran isn't a pariah state, doesn't have huge politics problems, infrastructure problems etc...

Or has talented midfielders who are proficient at playmaking, not outside forwards like JB/Ghoddos/Taremi even Torabi. We just don't have any central midfielders and attacking midfielders coming through the ranks, we are woefully behind Japan, Korea and even some other Asian teams at this, when in the past they were jealous of our midfielders like Mahdavikia, Karimi, Nekounam. We had the best in Asia.

It's a testament that he managed to get the most out of players like Amiri and Ebrahimi etc....
                    Here we go again with the Branko and CQ comparisons! Branko fans can say that his team didn't have any goal scorers, daie was at the end of his career and all of our other top players were midfielders!

But I digress because a good coach will get results with the players available to him.

Yes I do think CQ was the most toxic. Look at all the arguments on this forum! His fights with everyone and everything.

He was also the best paid coach we had for over 8 years! Almost a full generation! Didn't develop any new players didn't work with our youth teams and didn't work with our coaches to make them better.

You are entitled to your opinion but so am I.

Comment

There's really no reason to compare the stats of CQ and Branko. There is currently only one table of stats that gives a correct comparison of the two and that is the one which from the first post tooleh khers and I agreed with them as they were clear and we had no disagreement there.
                      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Here we go again with the Branko and CQ comparisons! lk
                        Totally confused by your post...

Where are the "Branko and CQ" comparisons in that post you are quoting...? I'm very clearly comparing CQ with all his predecessors over the last few decades.

I'm pretty clear in the post dude.

Comment

Totally confused by your post...

Where are the "Branko and CQ" comparisons in that post you are quoting...? I'm very clearly comparing CQ with all his predecessors over the last few decades.

I'm pretty clear in the post dude.
                          That is precisely what I was about to point out.
                          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                            That is precisely what I was about to point out.
                            He might have accidentally quoted the wrong post, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

After all he didn't notice we had an iranian assistant for 8 whole God-damn years so this is nothing.

- Refused to take an Iranian assistant
                            Agha, I just want to ask who this guy was who was assistant throughout his tenure?
                            You are right Aghajanian was One of the assistants

Comment

In regards to fighting corruption in the federation, I respectfully disagree. CQ was hired to coach TM and get us results his job wasn't to end corruption. Iran has been corrupt in every way for the last 200-300 years its everywhere from the municipality to the hospitals to revenue agency..... A foreign football coach is not going to change anything. There are a lot of federations that are corrupt but the national teams still get results.

I think the corrupt federations elsewhere actually have a vested interest in their football succeeding.

I'm interested. I have plenty of issues with Branko's coaching style but between CQ and Branko they have 3/4 WC qualifications we have achieved. What is your metric of success?

Comment

well, thankfully we have a TM coach today that can fix all those flaws brought to us by that damn incompetent portuguese coach who is now unemployed and sitting at home. Hopefully one day we will qualify in back-to-back worldcup tournaments. But, I believe once we send our TM players to worship and pray for Ashoora and tasooah before major tournaments, then, we will bring the success not seen since the karbala days.
                                “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X