What were the biggest flaws of CQ as team melli coach?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What were the biggest flaws of CQ as team melli coach?

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks

What were the biggest flaws of CQ as team melli coach?

Meet your Persian Love Today
    I agree to no doubt he was a great coach for team melli. I will start by saying, I absolutely didn't like how he dropped Khalatbari and didn't invite him to team melli ever again. He could have been a real asset for us and he was the difference maker for team melli in big games. The same goes for Vouria Ghafouri in the last world cup. He could have been a real difference maker. What do you guys think CQ did wrong in his time as our head coach?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to the matrix1 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 3,040 Times in 1,320 Posts
    Although Khalatbari was one of my absolute favorite players and I was really mad/sad he was dropped in the last minute, I think you have to give the coach the right to choose his own favorite players. I don't think keeping or dropping players can count as a coach's "flaw".

I would have rather seen CQ letting Torabi play a bit more too. But again....

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sly For This Useful Post:

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,505 Times in 2,028 Posts
    Player selection

General Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Beef with league coaches

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to P.dente For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,627 Times in 1,674 Posts
    Not incorporating Ghoddos more into WC team.

9. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to perspolis#1 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Supporter

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,049 Times in 1,375 Posts
    Too defensive.
    Too much hashieh with other coaches.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to _Navid_ For This Useful Post:

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    I love CQ and think he's Iran's all time best coach, I think we did well with the squad we had for WC 2014, did great for WC 2018 and were unlucky for AC 2019.

However, he has many flaws (in chronological order):

- Ending Rahmati's international career over Davari who couldn't give a fk about team melli
    - Dropping Khalatbari before WC 2014
    - Not taking Azmoun to WC 2014, taking only two strikers to WC 2014
    - Not playing Ghodos, Torabi more in WC 2018 and AC 2019
    - Not playing Majid Hosseini vs Japan
    - Playing Rezaian and not Ghafouri vs Japan

The three big ones,

- Being one of the best paid managers in the world and not being more appreciative. No one else would give you a job at this salary after Portugal WC 2010, and many many federations would have fired you after AC 2015, but despite that non stop bitching about our federation.
    - Sitting in hotel lobbies in UAE with the Colombian FA during AC 2019.
    - Not living full time in our beautiful country. As a lifelong Ghorbat neshin, I would love to Iran and would gladly do if I had 0.1% of his salary, but he lived 7 months outside the country.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to marand92 For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by marand92 View Post
    I love CQ and think he's Iran's all time best coach, I think we did well with the squad we had for WC 2014, did great for WC 2018 and were unlucky for AC 2019.

- Ending Rahmati's international career over Davari who couldn't give a fk about team melli

The three big ones,

- Being one of the best paid managers in the world and not being more appreciative. No one else would give you a job at this salary after Portugal WC 2010, and many many federations would have fired you after AC 2015, but despite that non stop bitching about our federation.
    - Not living full time in our beautiful country. As a lifelong Ghorbat neshin, I would love to Iran and would gladly do if I had 0.1% of his salary, but he lived 7 months outside the country.
    is this true?

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by marand92 View Post
    The three big ones,
    I think he did the right thing by dropping Rahmati and Aghili at the time. Both thought they were above team melli and were very reckless and had to be put in their places...

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to the matrix1 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,960 Times in 4,894 Posts
    I think he was overall the greatest we ever had, but feels like during the end of his tenure (AC 2019) all our opponents had become aware of our tactics (long thrown-ins, corners etc) and they were not effective at all, compared to how dominant we were in the air earlier, like during AC 2015.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Camran khan For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 201

You do not have permission to view the list of names.