Steven Beitashour @ LAFC | 2019 - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steven Beitashour @ LAFC | 2019

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,347 Times in 462 Posts

Meet your Persian Love Today
    The issue with Beita is that while hes probably just good enough to be on TM, he's probably not good enough to account for the administrative issues of having him be on the team. MLS' retarded off season schedule is a huge issue for many National Teams. His travel would be an additional issue. And his integration into the team would be an issue because most of our other RBs are really beloved team members. While all this would be easy to dismiss if he was say as good as Ghoddos, it just makes adding a player like Beita more difficult. I think, as evidenced by his inclusion on the short list before the WC, that CQ knew that he was a good player. I just don't think he was good enough to deal with all the secondary issues of including him on the team.
    "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,473 Times in 6,089 Posts
    I still think he really hurt himself by keeping to himself alot when he joined TM.
    Him and Davari made little effort to get to know their teammates and integrate into the team based on what other TM players were saying at the time.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nokhodi For This Useful Post:

Forum Staff
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,336 Times in 3,789 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokhodi View Post
    Him and Davari made little effort to get to know their teammates and integrate into the team based on what other TM players were saying at the time.
    Interesting I thought this was just accusations us fans were making. any chance you can dig up an article/vid on this?
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,473 Times in 6,089 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
    Interesting I thought this was just accusations us fans were making. any chance you can dig up an article/vid on this?
    It will be hard to find, but they were part of interviews with TM players in 2014 or 2015 on Navad when they were in camp.

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,122 Times in 5,160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokhodi View Post
    I still think he really hurt himself by keeping to himself alot when he joined TM.
    true..!
    At the time, both of them also somewhat lacked the necessary eagerness & excitement for repping the Iran shirt & neither quiet exuded the necessary passion & commitment for it...!
    This especially didn’t sit well with CQ who was especially demanding of an absolute, selfless commitment to TM shirt of such traits ..!
    I mean FFS, he had just gone through the huge drama ensuing from the dumping of his go-to, number 1 keeper (Rahmati) for most part because he had pouted upon finding out CQ had invited Davari to challenge him, & the goozoo Davari decides to skip out on CQ’s invite to an important training camp supposedly because his first child was born some days earlier ..!
    Back then I told you guys that would be last of Davari in TM ..!& most of you argued otherwise ..!
    By comparison see the extremities that CQ went through in order to reward players who were wholeheartedly committed to TM & had his back in media ..! Look how excessively a largely toothless Karim ansarifard got to play in our vital matches under him ..! He even took an obvious injured & useless Beikzadeh to WC with him for essentially such sentimental reasons ..! & how many vital players were flat out dumped outa his TM when be ghole maroof po roo shodeh boodan & took their inclusions in TM for granted & expected it.

General Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    I've been closely watching Beitashour play in the MLS for years.

Under a new coach, I'd really like to see Beitashour be called up to TM's future training camps. I've met him personally in San Jose, and he's tremendously grown fond of Team Melli's playing style and heritage. As a player, he has grown SIGNIFICANTLY in MLS to the point where any team that signed him had done so to to solely improve their defence.

Beita's secret weapon for TM is the diverse defending style he brings to the pitch, namely because of MLS's attack-attack-attack playing style. While he's really solid (never got a red card or committed any fouls leading to PKs or free kicks), he is praised for making dangerous runs and cuts from the side, and more importantly, providing a shit ton of assists and deep/smart crosses. He even scored the most goals as a defender for LAFC this past season.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    twitter.com/ideannakhjavani

Banned
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Lots of rumors in this thread, many unfair. Overall, he deserved more TM chances. He had and continues to have a proven track record of immediately "fitting" and improving multiple styles of play with different teams so I don't think it's fair to say he wouldn't have been a good fit. He consistently improves defenses to best in class.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to teammelli8080 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,674 Posts
    I didn't watch much from Beitashour but I remember the one game vs Thailand(?) he played for us.. their goal was directly because he didn't challenge his man and let him make a play and that really annoyed me.

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 8,903 Times in 2,598 Posts
    San Jose Earthquakes 0:5 LAFC FT

*Steven scored the LAFC's second goal of the match
    *He assisted the 4th goal of the match.

Last edited by aenima_8; 03-30-2019 at 04:13 PM.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aenima_8 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,273 Times in 1,839 Posts
    Bahahahaha Ali Adnan plays for a weak MLS team and flopped in Serie A

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 167

You do not have permission to view the list of names.