X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steven Beitashour @ LAFC | 2019

I’m sure many of you heard the recent interview he had with gol bezan

https://m.soundcloud.com/gol-bezan/i...ven-beitashour

I was a little surprised (not in a good or bad way) to see how much his tone has changed regarding his feelings towards TM and how he has been left out over the years! His points were very valid and IMO one of the more head scratching things CQ did in his time in TM.

Anyway LAFC are sitting on top of the western conference in first place with 10 points in 4 matches, let’s see if he can help the team make a deeper run in the play offs this year. Go Steevie boy!

Highlights from their 2-1 win over real salt lake yesterday:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/...-march-23-2019
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Esteve is a great guy...saw him at the Farsi shirt event at their Stadium few months ago. LAFC does a great job growing a loyal fan base for their team. Their stadium is nice and the bar restaurant attached to it has reasonably priced drinks and food.

Comment

this guy is still around?

he was never good enough for TM. does seem like a nice person though

Comment

Coming from a TFC fan he was one of our most important players in the two seasons we went to the Cup final. It's no coincidence that his two years with us were the most successful in our history. IMO he was a big reason why we fell apart last year. We let him go and had no backup plan at all. Greg Van der Wiel came in and he was garbage compared to Beitashour.

Don't know if he would have fit into a TM squad, but having watched him on a weekly basis for two seasons I think he is very underrated by many on this board.
        ballast parcham bi boro bargard refigh negaran nabash bikhod to aslan

Comment

Originally posted by Hadi View Post

take a few mins to listen to his interview if you have not already - he makes a great point in having a proven record in helping the improvement of defenses and helping teams win whever hes gone. its not a coincidence once its happened on 3 occasions. hes by all means TM worthy, I think at times he was not, but in the last 4-5 years hes 100% deserved a chance to get back in a TM camp and show what hes got.
          Team Meli Iran
          Perspolis FC
          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Hadi View Post

I always felt that as a right-back he was better than our other players.

But communication is more important for goalkeepers and defenders than for the others (eg Ghoddos, Zandi, Nazari etc...). The defensive players need to be perfectly in sync, and that was the hallmark of the Queiroz Iran.

I just think it was a simple issue of language and understanding issues which wrecks the shape in defence. Otherwise he would have been a more stable choice for Right back than others, certainly playing at a higher level etc..... This is why I still find it funny that people hyped up Tafazoli to join TM under CQ - that was never going to happen for the same reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
              I always felt that as a right-back he was better than our other players.

But communication is more important for goalkeepers and defenders than for the others (eg Ghoddos, Zandi, Nazari etc...). The defensive players need to be perfectly in sync, and that was the hallmark of the Queiroz Iran.

I just think it was a simple issue of language and understanding issues which wrecks the shape in defence. Otherwise he would have been a more stable choice for Right back than others, certainly playing at a higher level etc..... This is why I still find it funny that people hyped up Tafazoli to join TM under CQ - that was never going to happen for the same reasons.
              I think it's more a matter of distance. Unless he was Maradona caliber he wouldn't have been flown in from half way around the world.
              I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                I think it's more a matter of distance. Unless he was Maradona caliber he wouldn't have been flown in from half way around the world.
                Yes fair point....

I completely get his point of view though, but at the same time if he thinks about it, he probably wouldn't have this level of idolation from Iranian-Americans, had he not chosen to play for TM.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                  or more of a modern, fast and aggressive WingBack..! he has always been more of an OldSchool, slow n steady and safe sort of a RB...!! simply not well suited to CQ's aggressive, in-your-face, all-out-defending preferred style of play..!!

not football related, but in the run up to his first TM-Call up, he also came across as a bit of a snobby, cocky, arrogant cunt with some of his earlier interview comments..! and lets not fool ourselves, He only chose to play for TM after Klinsman made it abundantly Clear to him that he had no intention of ever calling him up for USMNT..!!

on the positive note, he looks to have matured a lot since those early days and has evolved into a far more likable and classy individual and has realized the huge marketing potential that his parent's ancestry could provide him in MLS, especially at twilight of his playing career..! and that i felt he certainly deserved a call-up in the run-up to this last AC but as as KC mention due to the distance and the fact that he certainly was not a head n shoulder Better RB choice at CQ's disposal, was duly omitted..!!

i seems his international career is pretty much over by now ? unless IFF hires an old school dinosaur EU coach, with a preference for more experience than youth and more of defensively safe RB option, he will not even come close to getting another call-up...!!

Comment

I think that whatever happens, TM will be very different now as CQ's relationship with his lieutenants was key to to the unit on the pitch, which was sadly excellent for all except for his final game.... So this may mean the end for even Ansarifard together with Hajsafi, let alone some of the older fringe players. The next coach will likely bring in Alipour and a few of the young faces. If we get a new coach that is.

I can't see Beitashour anywhere near TM. More worryingly, I can't see many foreign-born or raised young players coming to TM the way CQ brought them. You need a top name coach and charismatic figure to get the likes of Ghoddos playing for TM after being capped in friendlies by Sweden.....

Comment

The issue with Beita is that while hes probably just good enough to be on TM, he's probably not good enough to account for the administrative issues of having him be on the team. MLS' retarded off season schedule is a huge issue for many National Teams. His travel would be an additional issue. And his integration into the team would be an issue because most of our other RBs are really beloved team members. While all this would be easy to dismiss if he was say as good as Ghoddos, it just makes adding a player like Beita more difficult. I think, as evidenced by his inclusion on the short list before the WC, that CQ knew that he was a good player. I just don't think he was good enough to deal with all the secondary issues of including him on the team.
                      "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

I still think he really hurt himself by keeping to himself alot when he joined TM.
                        Him and Davari made little effort to get to know their teammates and integrate into the team based on what other TM players were saying at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                          Him and Davari made little effort to get to know their teammates and integrate into the team based on what other TM players were saying at the time.
                          Interesting I thought this was just accusations us fans were making. any chance you can dig up an article/vid on this?
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                            Interesting I thought this was just accusations us fans were making. any chance you can dig up an article/vid on this?
                            It will be hard to find, but they were part of interviews with TM players in 2014 or 2015 on Navad when they were in camp.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                              I still think he really hurt himself by keeping to himself alot when he joined TM.
                              true..!
                              At the time, both of them also somewhat lacked the necessary eagerness & excitement for repping the Iran shirt & neither quiet exuded the necessary passion & commitment for it...!
                              This especially didn’t sit well with CQ who was especially demanding of an absolute, selfless commitment to TM shirt of such traits ..!
                              I mean FFS, he had just gone through the huge drama ensuing from the dumping of his go-to, number 1 keeper (Rahmati) for most part because he had pouted upon finding out CQ had invited Davari to challenge him, & the goozoo Davari decides to skip out on CQ’s invite to an important training camp supposedly because his first child was born some days earlier ..!
                              Back then I told you guys that would be last of Davari in TM ..!& most of you argued otherwise ..!
                              By comparison see the extremities that CQ went through in order to reward players who were wholeheartedly committed to TM & had his back in media ..! Look how excessively a largely toothless Karim ansarifard got to play in our vital matches under him ..! He even took an obvious injured & useless Beikzadeh to WC with him for essentially such sentimental reasons ..! & how many vital players were flat out dumped outa his TM when be ghole maroof po roo shodeh boodan & took their inclusions in TM for granted & expected it.

Comment

Working...
                              X