Steven Beitashour @ LAFC | 2019

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steven Beitashour @ LAFC | 2019

Forum Staff
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,734 Times in 3,962 Posts

Steven Beitashour @ LAFC | 2019

Meet your Persian Love Today
    I’m sure many of you heard the recent interview he had with gol bezan

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I was a little surprised (not in a good or bad way) to see how much his tone has changed regarding his feelings towards TM and how he has been left out over the years! His points were very valid and IMO one of the more head scratching things CQ did in his time in TM.

Anyway LAFC are sitting on top of the western conference in first place with 10 points in 4 matches, let’s see if he can help the team make a deeper run in the play offs this year. Go Steevie boy!

Highlights from their 2-1 win over real salt lake yesterday:

Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ghermez Agha For This Useful Post:

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,498 Times in 2,726 Posts
    Esteve is a great guy...saw him at the Farsi shirt event at their Stadium few months ago. LAFC does a great job growing a loyal fan base for their team. Their stadium is nice and the bar restaurant attached to it has reasonably priced drinks and food.

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,042 Times in 796 Posts
    this guy is still around?

he was never good enough for TM. does seem like a nice person though

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hadi For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Coming from a TFC fan he was one of our most important players in the two seasons we went to the Cup final. It's no coincidence that his two years with us were the most successful in our history. IMO he was a big reason why we fell apart last year. We let him go and had no backup plan at all. Greg Van der Wiel came in and he was garbage compared to Beitashour.

Don't know if he would have fit into a TM squad, but having watched him on a weekly basis for two seasons I think he is very underrated by many on this board.
    ballast parcham bi boro bargard refigh negaran nabash bikhod to aslan

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CanadianEh For This Useful Post:

Forum Staff
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,734 Times in 3,962 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadi View Post

take a few mins to listen to his interview if you have not already - he makes a great point in having a proven record in helping the improvement of defenses and helping teams win whever hes gone. its not a coincidence once its happened on 3 occasions. hes by all means TM worthy, I think at times he was not, but in the last 4-5 years hes 100% deserved a chance to get back in a TM camp and show what hes got.
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ghermez Agha For This Useful Post:

PFDC Supporter
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,154 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadi View Post

I always felt that as a right-back he was better than our other players.

But communication is more important for goalkeepers and defenders than for the others (eg Ghoddos, Zandi, Nazari etc...). The defensive players need to be perfectly in sync, and that was the hallmark of the Queiroz Iran.

I just think it was a simple issue of language and understanding issues which wrecks the shape in defence. Otherwise he would have been a more stable choice for Right back than others, certainly playing at a higher level etc..... This is why I still find it funny that people hyped up Tafazoli to join TM under CQ - that was never going to happen for the same reasons.

شریف حریف نداره
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,296 Times in 5,976 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
    I always felt that as a right-back he was better than our other players.

But communication is more important for goalkeepers and defenders than for the others (eg Ghoddos, Zandi, Nazari etc...). The defensive players need to be perfectly in sync, and that was the hallmark of the Queiroz Iran.

I just think it was a simple issue of language and understanding issues which wrecks the shape in defence. Otherwise he would have been a more stable choice for Right back than others, certainly playing at a higher level etc..... This is why I still find it funny that people hyped up Tafazoli to join TM under CQ - that was never going to happen for the same reasons.
    I think it's more a matter of distance. Unless he was Maradona caliber he wouldn't have been flown in from half way around the world.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

PFDC Supporter
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KC McElroy View Post
    I think it's more a matter of distance. Unless he was Maradona caliber he wouldn't have been flown in from half way around the world.
    Yes fair point....

I completely get his point of view though, but at the same time if he thinks about it, he probably wouldn't have this level of idolation from Iranian-Americans, had he not chosen to play for TM.

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,576 Times in 5,394 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KC McElroy View Post
    or more of a modern, fast and aggressive WingBack..! he has always been more of an OldSchool, slow n steady and safe sort of a RB...!! simply not well suited to CQ's aggressive, in-your-face, all-out-defending preferred style of play..!!

not football related, but in the run up to his first TM-Call up, he also came across as a bit of a snobby, cocky, arrogant cunt with some of his earlier interview comments..! and lets not fool ourselves, He only chose to play for TM after Klinsman made it abundantly Clear to him that he had no intention of ever calling him up for USMNT..!!

on the positive note, he looks to have matured a lot since those early days and has evolved into a far more likable and classy individual and has realized the huge marketing potential that his parent's ancestry could provide him in MLS, especially at twilight of his playing career..! and that i felt he certainly deserved a call-up in the run-up to this last AC but as as KC mention due to the distance and the fact that he certainly was not a head n shoulder Better RB choice at CQ's disposal, was duly omitted..!!

i seems his international career is pretty much over by now ? unless IFF hires an old school dinosaur EU coach, with a preference for more experience than youth and more of defensively safe RB option, he will not even come close to getting another call-up...!!

PFDC Supporter
    Thanks
    I think that whatever happens, TM will be very different now as CQ's relationship with his lieutenants was key to to the unit on the pitch, which was sadly excellent for all except for his final game.... So this may mean the end for even Ansarifard together with Hajsafi, let alone some of the older fringe players. The next coach will likely bring in Alipour and a few of the young faces. If we get a new coach that is.

I can't see Beitashour anywhere near TM. More worryingly, I can't see many foreign-born or raised young players coming to TM the way CQ brought them. You need a top name coach and charismatic figure to get the likes of Ghoddos playing for TM after being capped in friendlies by Sweden.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 223

You do not have permission to view the list of names.