Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the IPL allow more foreign players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The number of foreign players a team can field

Saudi Arabia - 6 players
    Japan - 5 players
    Australa - 4 + 1 AFC players
    South Korea - 3 + 1 AFC players
    China - 3 players

Do you think importing more foreign players can improve the quality of Iranian players?
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%

Yes, but we need the money to bring foreign players first. In what world is Mario Budimir a respectable foreign player?

Comment

I think it is the best idea in terms of the economy. Since there are current restrictions on foreign investments (regarding companies) to work in Iran, the best loophole would be to hire players in Iran where they would be spending some of their money in our country.

Comment

What is the number for IPL today?

Comment

120% yes (if done right) - bringing in foreign players who can have an impact is always good. the game of football is different in every part of the world and even different on a country to country basis, offering something domestic players cannot. we have seen much more foreign imports have positive impacts than no impacts when given the opportunity. the unfortunate truth is lots of foreign players were not valued by our clubs despite doing well (especially persepolis) Zayed being a prime example, Bentgson, Avdukic, etc.

however on the flip side what hurts is when you bring ridiculous players like persepolis did with that brazilian guy in like 2009 or 10 who claimed to be a brazilin youth international and was literally a nobody and the whole ukranian thing branko did.....that stuff can hurt us and waste valuable $ we do not have to waste.

I think it is stupid and silly to discriminate against foreigners. think about all the biggest and best leagues in the world - all their teams are made up of a nice mix of their domestic and foreign imports.
          Team Meli Iran
          Perspolis FC
          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
            What is the number for IPL today?
            They can field three foreigners and one AFC-registered player.

Comment

Originally posted by forzatm View Post
              Thanks. Like in SK then.

I guess they could at least increase it with 1 more foreigner, like the Aussies.

Comment

I'm against it. Has England won a major title since the EPL started to import so many foreign players?

Comment

So long as the government is paying for clubs the answer is NO. They can bring in as many useless imports when the money is coming out of the owners pockets.

Btw I am not wearing my glasses when writing this post.
                  .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Originally posted by forzatm View Post
                    I thought that also 1 Japanese Player is allowed too.
                    So 3foreign players plus 1AFC Player +1Japanese Player.
                    sigpic

Comment

No thanks.
                      We can't afford very high level talent and we already have too many fake players being bought in by sketchy agents.

Comment

Unfortunately, the quality of foreign players coming into the IPL does not outweigh the talented youth that rot on the bench because of it.

The IPL consistently signs old, sketchy 4th tier Brazilian players at overpriced values, who end up taking the playing time away from young prospects who deserve to shine.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                          Unfortunately, the quality of foreign players coming into the IPL does not outweigh the talented youth that rot on the bench because of it.

The IPL consistently signs old, sketchy 4th tier Brazilian players at overpriced values, who end up taking the playing time away from young prospects who deserve to shine.
                          Agreed, although there have been players brought in from good leagues, the majority of the foreigners have been bad.
                          AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

We should focus on foreign trainers, coach etc..

About foreign players, only players with a descent resume (in a iranian point of vue should be accepted) : played in descent league, had caps in descent NT (base on fifa ranking).

Comment

Yes, but with more and higher standard scrutiny. Players of higher caliber will definitely add to the overall quality of our league and football all together. The ideal answer for me would actually be "Less foreign players with higher quality"

If they're of the same quality of our domestic players, then what is the point of importing them anyway?

Comment

Working...
                              X