Rumor: Iran New Coach is Herve Renard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
    Well knowing that we barely missed out by 1 point, with a group containing Morocco, Spain, and Portugal + Went to Semis of Asian cup without conceding a goal, and only lost due to a loss of focus by a defender, thinking he heard a whistle (had nothing to do with coaching, as our players were actually generally more focused under CQ, this was just a terribly timed, one-off incident).

Knowing all of that, I would say, "Yes", we should definitely keep him, treat him properly, and for WC 2022 we'll be a serious force to be reckoned with, because teams don't just pull miracles after only a few years. It takes several years to develop a proper team mentality and better results like CQ was doing.

You can't just look at the end results / stats / numbers, and pay ZERO attention to WHY these exact results were achieved.

We definitely should have kept CQ, and this is shown by the reality behind these stats and results (which were very good considering the lack of support he got, and a squad with not one single player in a top 5 European league).
    I think you misunderstood the question. You would do a repeat of that if you had the luxury of a time machine rather than try something else? tip: What you achieved was not noteworthy why not try for another outcome? You are not risking losing anything of value here. More and more the point I am making is being proven. Not one member has given the obvious answer. You would repeat the worst defeat in history to Japan? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
      It is easy to be better than the previous when the previous did not achieve anything noteworthy.
      I'm glad you agree.

It is easy to better than Branko when Branko did not achieve anything noteworthy.

Comment

https://www.foxsportsasia.com/footba...n-job-reports/

Reported by Fox Asia too

Comment

I was there sitting near the flag they crossed from when they scored. You? It is easy to be better than the previous when the previous did not achieve anything noteworthy. In hindsight Knowing that we did not advance from the group and we dd not win the Asian cup If you could go back in time to 2014 would you fire CQ or keep him? The answer to this question will determine who is sane and who is on drugs.
          I was at home drinking corona and watching on my 60 inch tv but since this is the web and you can say anything you want. I was watching it with angelina jo lee in bed eating caviar and drinking champagne. My story sounds more likely then yours.

You just expect iran to go out and play tika taka football and win comfortably every game. Ot doesnt matter who is the coach. Our players are limited due to our internal problems. Its a miracle what cq did in this time. And you will see in a few yrs
          WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Great choice!!
            sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

He’d be a pretty sensible & realistic choice ..! Let’s hope it happens

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                He’d be a pretty sensible & realistic choice ..! Let’s hope it happens
                China got Fabio Cannovaro as their new head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                  China got Fabio Cannovaro as their new head coach.
                  They really love wasting their money don't they?

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                    They really love wasting their money don't they?
                    Told a Chinese fan that they can't buy talent. Hit the nail in the head with that comment lol

Comment

I won’t believe the news until I see Renard elbow deep in kaleh pacheh and noon barbari

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
                        I won’t believe the news until I see Renard elbow deep in kaleh pacheh and noon barbari
                        Not too much to ask after Moroccan food (which I am a fan of), should be an easy transition for Renard =)

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
                          I was at home drinking corona and watching on my 60 inch tv but since this is the web and you can say anything you want. I was watching it with angelina jo lee in bed eating caviar and drinking champagne. My story sounds more likely then yours.

You just expect iran to go out and play tika taka football and win comfortably every game. Ot doesnt matter who is the coach. Our players are limited due to our internal problems. Its a miracle what cq did in this time. And you will see in a few yrs
                          You did not answer my question. I think my point has been proven by now.

Comment

You did not answer my question. I think my point has been proven by now.
                            Nobody will ever achieve anything for our football team until the government has changed. It does not matter the coach. Thats why im happy for cq. He did results that we never saw before and was loyal and represented us well. Thats it man. Bring ancelotti or zidane. We will never go to round of 16 or win asian cup with this govenrment
                            WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Great choice if true. Definitely an improvement on the previous.
                              you're honestly a completely unproductive member of this community. really ashamed to think that you represent many other PP robots in Iran. I just wish that Taremi goal had gone in. We'd never have to hear from any of you again.

Comment

Originally posted by ramingeles2000 View Post
                                you're honestly a completely unproductive member of this community. really ashamed to think that you represent many other PP robots in Iran. I just wish that Taremi goal had gone in. We'd never have to hear from any of you again.
                                If Taremi would've scored that goal, tooleh khers' argument would be "Ya, we went to the second round, but did we actually win the World Cup? If not, he's a failure. Let's go back to Branko and grabbing one point in the WC with our most stacked roster ever in our worst group ever" lolz.

Comment

Working...
                                X