Your top 10 best Iranian strikers of all time. - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your top 10 best Iranian strikers of all time.

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 3,105 Times in 1,359 Posts

Meet your Persian Love Today
    Quote Originally Posted by sirvan View Post
    Inspired by Azmoun's recent great performances, it got me thinking about how many good strikers (and players in general) we've had (by Asian standards) over the past 30 years that I've consciously been able to follow our national team.

So if you had to make a top 10 of the best strikers you've seen wear the TM shirt in the time that you've been following them, how would you rank them? Regardless of their career, just by sheer talent.

My list:

1) Azmoun
    2) Daei
    3) Farshad Pious
    4) Taremi
    5) Farhad Majidi
    6) Ansarifard
    7) Hashemian
    8) Goochhannejhad
    9) Kaveh Rezaei
    10) Samereh
    Top strikers to wear TM shirt? Then why do you have Majidi there? The guy was good in his clubs but completely useless in TM despite getting a lot of playing time, not the least under Shahrokhi as a coach!

For me, "only based on talent at their top form", this is top 10:

1. Daei
    2. Edmond Bezik
    3. Azmoun
    4. Pious
    5. Abdolali Changiz
    6. Naser Mohammadkhani
    7. Azizi
    8. Hashemian
    9. Taremi
    10. Gucci

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,061 Times in 489 Posts
    1. Daei
    2. Aazizi
    3. Azmoun
    4. Hashemian
    5. Ghoochanejhad
    6. Taremi

Based on since I've been watching TM!

PFDC Supporter

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,091 Times in 1,400 Posts
    Considering the whole history. in order:

1) Daei
    2) Azmoun
    3) Hashemian
    4) Roshan
    5) Kalani
    6) Gucci
    7) Iranpak
    8) Pious
    9) Behzadi
    10) Mohammadkhani
    Last edited by _Navid_; 03-11-2019 at 01:53 AM.

Banned
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 1,588 Times in 769 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Top strikers to wear TM shirt? Then why do you have Majidi there? The guy was good in his clubs but completely useless in TM despite getting a lot of playing time, not the least under Shahrokhi as a coach!
    For me, "only based on talent at their top form", this is top 10:
    1. Daei
    2. Edmond Bezik
    3. Azmoun
    4. Pious
    5. Abdolali Changiz
    6. Naser Mohammadkhani
    7. Azizi
    8. Hashemian
    9. Taremi
    10. Gucci
    Being used when there is 5 minutes left to play, or being used as a sub in extra time is not alot of playing time lad. He is the most underrated Iranian player ever!!! The guy oozed talent, such a magnificent striker he was!! He was unlucky that Daei was in his prime and playing and scoring all the time.
    Also Azizi wasn't a striker lad . He was something else though, man what a talent he was as well!

Edmond Bezik was a great striker as well, i agree.

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,072 Times in 2,130 Posts
    1. Azmoun - We are so lucky to have him as our striker, rather than Russia or Turkmenistan!

Power Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Leicester City View Post
    1. Azmoun - We are so lucky to have him as our striker, rather than Russia or Turkmenistan!
    Wtf ?
    Sir Carlos Queiroz

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to P-Money For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Hashemian holds the record for the most goals in a season by an Iranian player in the top leagues with 16 goals. I hope Azmoun will break the record in the future.

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 3,105 Times in 1,359 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sirvan View Post
    Being used when there is 5 minutes left to play, or being used as a sub in extra time is not alot of playing time lad. He is the most underrated Iranian player ever!!! The guy oozed talent, such a magnificent striker he was!! He was unlucky that Daei was in his prime and playing and scoring all the time.
    Also Azizi wasn't a striker lad . He was something else though, man what a talent he was as well!

Edmond Bezik was a great striker as well, i agree.
    Na aziz. Azizi was a second striker. Majidi was also a starter together with Daei, game in game out during Shahrokhi's era, who insisted on playing them together despite lack of effectiveness. If I'm not mistaken it was the AC2004 qualification games in 2003. You can check that out. and Majidi was completely useless and ineffective. Couldn't score if his life depended on it. and that was to the point that when Branko took over, even Khatibi and Enayati were preferred before Majidi. He was that bad! I clearly remember when Branko was planning to put him on the bench, he got mad and left TM camp and never returned. but in his clubs, yes I agree. He was a great "club player".

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,588 Times in 769 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Na aziz. Azizi was a second striker. Majidi was also a starter together with Daei, game in game out during Shahrokhi's era, who insisted on playing them together despite lack of effectiveness. If I'm not mistaken it was the AC2004 qualification games in 2003. You can check that out. and Majidi was completely useless and ineffective. Couldn't score if his life depended on it. and that was to the point that when Branko took over, even Khatibi and Enayati were preferred before Majidi. He was that bad! I clearly remember when Branko was planning to put him on the bench, he got mad and left TM camp and never returned. but in his clubs, yes I agree. He was a great "club player".
    Well my thread is about the main striker/target man position. Azizi was more of a second striker/playmaking forward (assisting Ali Daei). Also with his 168 cm and physique he would've never been able to fill that role.

Game in game out during Shahrokhi's era? Lol, mate Shahrokhi was only our coach for a few months, and played Majidi out of position. With the lack of cohesion, tactics and friendly matches what did you expect Majidi to do? The whole team was playing bad (a striker needs service). Also, i'm a 36 year old male who has been watching every game TM has played since 1996, so i know what i'm talking about when i say that Majidi has never been given a chance. 5 minutes here and there during mostly meaningless games and out of postion doesn't do much for any player.

Don't even get me started on that charlatan Ivankovic. When Khatibi and Enayati are preferred over a player who has more talent in his pinky toe than both combined, that says more than enough.

Furthermore, the whole argument of playing well for a club but not for national team doesn't sit well with me... if a quality player doesn't perform its mostly due to the coach factor: a player not being given a chance or played out of position, a coach not being able to utilize a players skills/talent, bad tactics etc like it was in Majidi's case. Things would've been different if we had a professional coach like CQ back then, instead of all those clueless amateur coaches, you can be sure of that lad.

General Member
    Thanks
    Azmoun still misses alot of 1 vs 1 chances… What about ARJ? Did he not score the most goals last season in Holland?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 135

You do not have permission to view the list of names.