Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sly View Post
    Jesus, che asabi!
    Now you are insulting me! I could say many things to your "ASSABI" remark and call you with a remark another member did towards you, which I edited before you even logged on!
    I did not insult you when you were asking me questions, I answered both your questions and explained you how the law works. I am attending courts and I am a juror and know what I am talking about.

But I am not going to insult you back instead I give you the benefit of doubt of not knowing what you are talking about and explain you what I think your confusing here:

I think you are mixing ethics, fairness with law. You could argue the response of Mensha was unethical or the tensity of force used was not fair, that maybe so and is up for debate! But legally the situation is clear "intentionally", "unprovoked", "without permission" touching someone, pulling his hair is called "physical assault" at the court of law, and the person who has been assaulted has the right to hit back in self defense!
    AGAIN this doesnt mean what Mensah did was ethically nice, or lets "Gentleman" like, it means Mensha will not be found guilty for what he did at a court of law.

Now, did Mensha had other ways to deal with that matter? Sure, he could walk away, or he could shout at him, but he could also hit back. And he chose to hit back.

The club punished him on "ethical gorunds" not "legal grounds".

I hope now the difference is clear!

And it seems that you are being the "Gentleman" who would act ethically, which I appreciate, then I also ask you kindly not to call me or others, who don't like being touched by strangers and act within the law "assabi"! Because a good gentleman, like yourself, doesn't insult people in a debate.
    Last edited by Adesor Vafaseya; 03-03-2019, 07:44 PM.
    CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
      Now you are insulting me! I could say many things to your "ASSABI" remark and call you with a remark another member did towards you, which I edited before you even logged on!
      I did not insult you when you were asking me questions, I answered both your questions and explained you how the law works. I am attending courts and I am a juror and know what I am talking about.
      But I am not going to insult you back instead I give you the benefit of doubt of not knowing what you are talking about and explain you what I think your confusing here:
      I think you are mixing ethics, fairness with law. You could argue the response of Mensha was unethical or the tensity of force used was not fair, that maybe so and is up for debate! But legally the situation is clear "intentionally", "unprovoked", "without permission" touching someone, pulling his hair is called "physical assault" at the court of law, and the person who has been assaulted has the right to hit back in self defense!
      AGAIN this doesnt mean what Mensah did was ethically nice, or lets "Gentleman" like, it means Mensha will not be found guilty for what he did at a court of law.
      Now, did Mensha had other ways to deal with that matter? Sure, he could walk away, or he could shout at him, but he could also hit back. And he chose to hit back.
      The club punished him on "ethical gorunds" not "legal grounds".
      I hope now the difference is clear!
      And it seems that you are being the "Gentleman" who would act ethically, which I appreciate, then I also ask you kindly not to call me or others, who don't like being touched by strangers and act within the law "assabi"! Because a good gentleman, like yourself, doesn't insult people in a debate.
      Bro I am sorry if you feel offended but that was not my intention at all. To my defense, saying asabi is not offensive though, as it is just a state of mind. It is not a curse and I have not, nor will I ever verbally attack or insult anyone in this forum, specially a gentleman like yourself.

However, my whole first argument was about the stupid fan and Mensha being "retards" or a$$holes if you will, which means I was bringing up the ethical discussion behind it. I do not know why we ended up talking about laws and their legal rights. The debate from the beginning was about their bad behavior, both of them! But little I knew that the bad behavior was gonna get praised for some reason by most members in this forum which I think is extremely weird by any culture or standard.

Comment

^
        OK thanks for clarifying!

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
          The one who pulls the hair i.e. the one who started FIRST to physically touch/assault!

Its law in many countries, right to self defense to hold your ground!
          you can say a lot of nonesense but if you are the one who starts touching, in this case pulling someones hair, its an assault and a natural self defense kicks in!

So, the “fan” who did that, if he did that, is a retards and WELL DONE to Mensah for not taking shit from anyone and holding his ground!

Case closed
          Copyright: the honourable, judge Adessy
          but... but ChorHonor, if Mensha was just some some joe homeboy on the street and a bozo came outa nowhere and did that to him, then his reaction (or should i say in this case.. Over-reaction..?) could possibly be considered warranted and excused as means of self-defense..!

but Not a "famous personality" in this case A professional footballer...! and especially not while clearly dressed the part and on the clock in his job...!

Ignoring and trying your best to Avert some Fan's verbal abuses and such unruly behaviour is considered par for course expectations from such, often highly-paid famous individuals..!
          although i do agree also that the football officials in this case also bear significant responsibility for this incident...! because they clearly failed to provide a gated and somewhat safe passage for their players on their way to ??

ladies and gentlemen of the jury... I Rest on Your Face..!!

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
            Its going to take 100 years to fix this messed up culture
            closer to 200 years , if they are piroozi fans ..!!

Comment

Many players coming out in support of Mensha.

Ashkan even posted on his IG story saying "If it was him, he would have reacted the same way."

Mess with the bull, you get the horns.
              #WilmotsOUT

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
                  Its going to take 100 years to fix this messed up culture
                  Can you believe this guy?

We have the most beautiful culture on earth! At least we don't go bashing each others brains in with rocks and knives like your Western cultured hooligans do. Mind you our Esteghlal and Perspolis fans still exit through the same stadium doors, something unthinkable in Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                    but... but ChorHonor, if Mensha was just some some joe homeboy on the street and a bozo came outa nowhere and did that to him, then his reaction (or should i say in this case.. Over-reaction..?) could possibly be considered warranted and excused as means of self-defense..!

but Not a "famous personality" in this case A professional footballer...! and especially not while clearly dressed the part and on the clock in his job...!

Ignoring and trying your best to Avert some Fan's verbal abuses and such unruly behaviour is considered par for course expectations from such, often highly-paid famous individuals..!
                    although i do agree also that the football officials in this case also bear significant responsibility for this incident...! because they clearly failed to provide a gated and somewhat safe passage for their players on their way to ??

ladies and gentlemen of the jury... I Rest on Your Face..!!
                    I think touching is a red line. You can say nonsense but you have no right to touch a player. The same debate is being had in the NBA right now, and has come up in the past in different soccer leagues around the world. I feel bad that Mensha reacted like that but he shouldn't be penalized, the fan should be banned from the stadium for crossing the red line of touching a player.

Comment

Originally posted by Bladsville View Post
                      Mess with the bull, you get the horns.
                      Indeed!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                        ..!!
                        Again there is a difference between "ethical" behavior" and "law".
                        Law doesn't distinguish whether you are famous or not. It doesn't say because you are a personality you are not allowed to self defense, while if you were unknown you could defend yourself.

In any case, I already explained the difference between "ethical behavior", that you are referring to and "legal right to self defense".

In the end of the day, Mensha got punished on ethical grounds, while that "fan" is now seating in his home and hopefully learned a lesson not to touch people "intentionally", "unprovoked" and "without their permission". If he still does that again, then I hope the club presses "legal" chargers and bans him from stadiums.

Comment

^i agree in essence to what you say below amoo
                          but Most often than not, such incidents are judged Not in the Legal courts but by the league disciplinary committees and IMO in this case the disciplinary committee made the correct decision to fine the player for his way over the top, aggressive reaction, especially when you consider the abundance of ambiguity still present on whether or not he even targeted the right perpetrator..!?
                          i can next to guarantee same or similar disciplinary decision woulda been taken against Mensha had this happened in any other league in western countries and caught on camera..!

for the purpose of playing devil's advocate and pressing this issue forward.. .!! the real debate here is the question; would as many of you here be all so approving of Mensha's over-reaction to the incident if he was a just your avg. irooni IPL player..? or if he wasnt a Black guy ? or just your normal clean-cut looking white (eastern european.?) player in the league..??? personally doubt so..!!
                          i think in this instance many of you here are condoning Mensha's violent, over-reaction as totally justified so as to portray yourselves as the racially sensitive and progressive iroonies ..!?

i mean take another look of the incident's vid .... the bozo the clown fan by-enlarge only Touches Mensha's hair (possibly pulling on it ever so slightly.?) and it certainly doesnt seem to me like he is aggressively striking down on his head with any intention of injuring him..!!??? nothing that would warrant Mensha going all ape-shitt chasing after him..!
                          as i referred in my first post, this whole incident is more a case of a misunderstanding of the cultural peculiarities of black folks and not knowing that brothas are especially sensitive to folks fking with their hair..!!

Comment

^
                            Khob hamin digeh, we are saying the same thing! What Mensha did was unethical not illegal. Club punished him on ethical grounds, as was expected.
                            My only concern is whether that “fan” or others will do the same thing again, seeing players getting punished and the “fans” not. That’s my concern.

Comment

Seen fans behaving savagely/weirdly in concerts. Remember a concert we went to many years ago when Ebi's hand was scratched by an excited female fan and he had to stop singing. His hand was bleeding, was angry,everybody went quiet.
                              He continued with a plaster if I remember well, the crowd was one of the most unruly I have seen at a persian concert, many of us felt bad for him.

At another event, Arash was on stage and a male fan kissed his hand. He was like ehhhh in che kariyeh digeh..disgusted, he pulled his hand away.

Not easy being famous.
                              Keep calm and believe in Fairies and Footballers Roxanaz

Comment

In that same game, I think some poor kid had a rock hit his head (thrown by some asshole "fan") and was nearly killed.

Ahvaz and Tabriz - worst fans in Iran by miles.

Comment

Working...
                                X