Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else stopped supporting Perspolis in the light of the latest events?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
    Exactly,
    I genuinely think some of these folk are living in a kind of La La Land, where everything is rosy and you don't have to fight against the system and cronies for every little thing. Another member was talking about CQ getting 10 million for training camps and travel.. What 10 million? Where are these figures coming from?
    Queiroz wasn't perfect but if you can't appreciate all the intangible and unquantifiable things he did, then we can't really discuss anything because you're being purposefully myopic.
    Agree...
    CQ was not perfect, even the best coach in the world isn't.

We need to also take into account that many of us are outside the country, not helping the current situation, not willing to move there .... and yet we are criticising like Iranian parents those who do manage to hold a job under I.R.
    Vai naneh he didn't get into harvard so ge settled for Notre Dame.

What did people expect?
    That crème de la crème would go and work there?
    Keep calm and believe in Fairies and Footballers Roxanaz

Comment

Originally posted by Roxanaz80 View Post
      Agree...
      CQ was not perfect, even the best coach in the world isn't.

We need to also take into account that many of us are outside the country, not helping the situation, not willing to move there and criticising like Iranian parents those who do manage to hold a job there.

What did people expect?
      That crème de la crème would go and work there?
      No manager is perfect, but CQ was the perfect coach for Iran... Even though we lost several games here and there, bigger picture he planted the seed for Iranian football to grow in many ways possible.
      1. Threw out several older players and replaced them with younger players for future generation
      2. Threw all the hashiyeh BS out of the national team (Rahmati, Aghili) to show there is a zero tolerance policy
      3. PEC which is something we badly needed!
      4. Stood in the face of IFF which no manager could ever do. (He's also a foreigner which is even more amazing)
      5. His love for Iran was clearly shown. Not even the vatani coaches had the amount of love for Iran like CQ did.
      6. The players adored and admired him. We've never had a TM coach who was adored and admired by his own players to this extent.
      7. We put respect to TM's name after incredible performances against Morocco, Spain, and Portugal.
      8. He clearly overachieved with what he was given. No financial support from govt or anything. Imagine if we had Qatar/UAE/KSA money support, the sky would be the limit for us.

To conclude, not of these stuff would've been achieved if it wasn't for CQ which shows why he was the perfect manager for Iran.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
        No manager is perfect, but CQ was the perfect coach for Iran..
        Exactly, he had many faults, but for Iran he was the perfect coach. I would have LOVED a title or world cup second round, but the changes he made, the pride he gave us, that is priceless. He was the man for a nation:

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2017/0...-for-a-nation/

That is the point many of us on this forum are trying to make. I don't have any club affiliation, my only source is what I've seen in the stadium, and the matches I watch on TV and the pundits and fans I speak to from other countries. I don't subscribe to any social media accounts so I don't see the posts from places like "perspolisstandup" and "allperspolis" and the other sources quoted in this thread. I suspect they have a different perspective to mine, but I just wish people could get their tinted glasses off and recognise what this guy has done.

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
          Yes, I stopped following but even more loving Persepolis now. What can I say, once a Red always one I suppose.
          Kamran jan, I think it is great to love and support a club through thick and thin. We have many great followers of all the clubs on this forum. No doubt that the most popular is of course Persepolis.

May I ask though what you feel about the Perspolis social media accounts and their relentless and often unsubstantiated attacks on Queiroz, and quite often the players too? Often using fake stats or misappropriated quotes?

I know from speaking with you before that you really appreciated what Queiroz has done before for our country, you were really chuffed with him at the world cup. Please don't tell me your mind has been changed in recent months?

Comment

^ come on bro, all that was Iranian soap opera. You guys take things too seriously when it comes to Persepolis, so I assume most of you must be esteghlali. :-) I love both coaches BTW.
            __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
            We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

fuggedabout PP..!
              Going forward Piroozi (aka mullah’s team..!)shall be initialized as “Pi Pi” by me..!

That is certainly a more appropriate & best acronym label for this low-life, khaens IR football club...!

I encourage all to follow suit ...!

Comment

^ come on bro, all that was Iranian soap opera. You guys take things too seriously when it comes to Persepolis, so I assume most of you must be esteghlali. :-) I love both coaches BTW.
                That's the key point, we're not! Screw Esteghlal. A lot of guys on this forum are, or were, Persepolis fans..

Comment

Originally posted by Sarbaze-Vatan View Post
                  2. Qatar bankrolled IR Iran's AFC Asian Cup 2019 campaign

CQ bent backwards to thank Qatar for their offer, and he did it on a few occasions. which is totally fine, it's good to be thankful once in a while. however, I could be wrong but as far as I know when a country invites other national teams to their country they are responsible for the expenses. that is how it is normally done. what others don't realize (or realize but don't care) is that Iran has done a ton for Qatar, saving them 10s of million of dollars after the Arab blockade. so them inviting us to a camp although very nice, it wasn't exactly free.

Comment

for obvious reasons!

Comment

for obvious reasons!
                      Yes, very obvious reasons. Namely, that our country is more important than some club no one outside Iran knows about!

This club over country crap only makes sense in very few areas. For example, if a person is Catalan, I could see how they would prefer Barcelona to the Spanish national team for ethnic reasons. Perspolis is just one of the two big clubs from Tehran. Nothing more. It doesn't represent any identity beyond that. To be Iranian and put that above your national identity is really dumb.

I also love the earlier talk about "gharibe parasti" from Ansar e Brankollah!

Some of us love our country, so naturally we support the coach who has done well with the national team and back him against an opportunistic foreigner.

Some others worship a foreigner who happens to be coaching their club, to the point they bashed the national team on a daily basis just to "take revenge" for the Croat guy who did everything in his power to turn his club's fan base against the national team, with ridiculous claims like CQ trying to sabotage Perspolis based on a schedule he himself had agreed to months earlier (!) or outrageous lies like Perspolis players gaining weight in national training camps.

If there is any "parasti" involved here, it's a combination of *gharibe parasti* and *club parasti* on the part of Branko fans.

Comment

Originally posted by FutbolGods View Post
                        Yes, very obvious reasons. Namely, that our country is more important than some club no one outside Iran knows about!
                        oh really? you care about your country? are you sure?

I can take this comment into so many different direction, but I rather stick to the subject matter here, which is Persepolis. If what you say is true (which is not), then tell me, what country was Persepolis representing when it played against Kashima? please don't dance around the question. your answer should be one word and it should be the name of a country.

the problem here is hypocrisy. those who stood with the Japanese flags in their hands in Azadi, turn around and call Persepolis fans, former TM players and coaches who criticized Carlos Qerioz "vatanforoush". that's what I have a problem with. the problem is those hypocrites who say Iran above all, but cheered for Japanese and Qatari side when they faced Persepolis, but then cried foul because some kids on line shit on the asshole coach who is hated even in his own fucking country.

I don't have any problem with anyone cheering for every single team that plays opposite of Persepolis. My problem is that those same people do not have the right to complain when someone else does exactly the same thing against their team, be it SS, Sepahan or TM. Cheering for Kashima against Persepolis in ACL is the same as cheering for Japan against Iran in Asian Championship. if you see a difference then you are a hypocrite, plain and simple! You can't have it both ways.

Comment

Originally posted by NFL View Post
                          Let me see here. Looking back, I definitely didn't spend the last two years bashing my national team like a mindless traitor. I didn't make fun of team melli after losses and didn't try to put down their wins. I didn't go after a national team player's father for daring to respond to my club coach's personal attack. Yep, I do care about my country. Can't say the same for some others though.

I can take this comment into so many different direction, but I rather stick to the subject matter here, which is Persepolis. If what you say is true (which is not), then tell me, what country was Persepolis representing when it played against Kashima?
                          Spare me the *nane man gharibam bazi*. The only time people like you care about national issues is when your club happens to be involved.

The Japan flag was brought in after people had to watch the traitors in your fan base go after the national team, its coach and even its players with the kind of venom one would only expect from foreign enemies.

It was after red fans on social media spent two years openly admitting "their national team is Perspolis" (imagine being dumb enough to think this way).

It was after a bunch of vatan foroosh in your fan base swarmed social media after the Morocco game to mock team melli for winning by an own goal. It was so bad that even Khiabani got mad on TV and told them to apply for Moroccan citizenship.

You don't get to advertise your treason for two years straight and position yourselves as proud traitors... then pretend to represent the nation when it suits your purpose. Red fans in Iran say openly that to them team melli is just another team that's not Perspolis. So to the rest of us your club is just another team against team melli... no different than a foreign rival.

You guys made your beds, now lie in it. But whatever you do, don't pretend you ever gave a damn about your country. Not after you spent two years proudly admitting that you don't.

Comment

Originally posted by NFL View Post
                            I can take this comment into so many different direction, but I rather stick to the subject matter here, which is Persepolis. If what you say is true (which is not), then tell me, what country was Persepolis representing when it played against Kashima? please don't dance around the question. your answer should be one word and it should be the name of a country. .
                            Sorry, but your beloved club isn't the national team. Get used to it.

Just like many passionate Scottish fans wouldn't care if Celtic (or even Rangers) succeeded in Europe, or Spanish fans about Real Madrid, Barcelona or Bilbao, or English fans about Man United or Man City (and in many cases would actively root against them), there should be no compulsion for Iranian fans to support your team or consider it in any way a "representative" of our country, particularly in this instance when many affiliated with the club were actively having a negative impact on TM posting garbage and fake information not only against this Queiroz you hated so much, but also against Azmoun, Kanani, Ebrahimi, Taremi and various staff members.

I don't think anyone in this forum was waving a Japanese flag when Kashima played PP as you are obsessed with mentioning, but given the events in recent weeks, they could be forgiven for doing so now. Why do you consider your club so special that people who don't care about domestic iranian football should support them as "representatives of Iran"? Is Persepolis of Iran different to clubs in other countries?

Persepolis isn't Team Melli.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                              No manager is perfect, but CQ was the perfect coach for Iran... Even though we lost several games here and there, bigger picture he planted the seed for Iranian football to grow in many ways possible.
                              1. Threw out several older players and replaced them with younger players for future generation
                              2. Threw all the hashiyeh BS out of the national team (Rahmati, Aghili) to show there is a zero tolerance policy
                              3. PEC which is something we badly needed!
                              4. Stood in the face of IFF which no manager could ever do. (He's also a foreigner which is even more amazing)
                              5. His love for Iran was clearly shown. Not even the vatani coaches had the amount of love for Iran like CQ did.
                              6. The players adored and admired him. We've never had a TM coach who was adored and admired by his own players to this extent.
                              7. We put respect to TM's name after incredible performances against Morocco, Spain, and Portugal.
                              8. He clearly overachieved with what he was given. No financial support from govt or anything. Imagine if we had Qatar/UAE/KSA money support, the sky would be the limit for us.
                              To conclude, not of these stuff would've been achieved if it wasn't for CQ which shows why he was the perfect manager for Iran.
                              Brilliantly said.

U need to be a jack of all trades for the TM job.
                              He was the plumber, the secretary, the lawyer, the agony aunt, psychologist, nurse and finally the coach..and a father figure..

I will be your father figure
                              Put your tiny hand in mine
                              I will be your preacher, teacher
                              Anything you have in mind...
                              (G.Micheal)
                              Keep calm and believe in Fairies and Footballers Roxanaz

Comment

Originally posted by rightoussoul View Post
                                You get the most of the things you say about CQ right! Unfortunately Iranians and their gharibe parasti culture don't like to see this reality. There is no doubt that some of the BS we were going through at the end was the federations fault but to say CQ had nothing to do with it!
                                As you say CQ has a history of toxicity and blaming others! In Portugal he blamed alot of his issues on Scolari! Scolari interestingly enough is considered one of the most successful coaches in Portugals history.
                                I disagree about Branko however, both of these coaches are simply not good enough and I wouldn't hire them to coach TM.
                                so we are ghribeh parast implying we should have vatani coach, right?
                                since you dislike both cq and branko, which vatani coaches would be your candidates?

ستايشگر آموزگاری هستم که انديشيدن را
                                به من بياموزد و نه انديشه ها را. زرتشت

Comment

Working...
                                X