Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those were the days,We thought they'd never end....
    Last edited by St_Mark; 07-16-2019, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Based on the excellent photos from St_Mark I would like to add that women were sitting closer to the field than men om many ocassions.

It appears men were both capable of some chivalrous act of letting women take better seats AND censor their language while doing so

Comment

this is quite fun to watch

Comment

I don't see why this thread is hijacked by a very different topic.

I rather we keep this thread strictly about TM

Now on this irrelevant topic:

1. Should women be allowed to watch football or any other sports? Yes.

2. Is it safe for women to go stadiums with a big crowd of excited young men? No.
          I have seen too many fights at concerts in CA between very educated people over
          someone looking naajoor at their woman so you can extrapolate from that to what
          would happen in Iranian stadiums.

What I see is IRI will eventually allow women in the stadiums in case of football but will
          segregate them from men which is what they are doing right now at Volleyball and Basketball
          matches.

That will not make everyone happy but is an acceptable compromise in order to keep it safe.
          The very people who are advocating "western" style mixing of genders at sporting events in
          Iran will be also the very first ones to come here and moan about lack of security when a fight
          or stampede happens and a few people get hurt.

You need to be realistic on your outlook and just remember this:

When Iranians start driving like Americans is when they are ready to adopt other cultural
          values from them.

Comment

Originally posted by sirvan View Post
            Never wrote anything about women back then barely driving cars, you're mistaken.
            We have female bus drivers and cab drivers, something unthinkable during the era of Shah.
            this is what you wrote, you should go and check real facts not some crap of some kalagh siah.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
              please you have no business talking about morality. Mr I dont allow my kids to hang out with black kids or non iranian kids.
              I don't see me talking about morality in the post you quoted. Also if I said anything about my son not being allowed to play with black kids I'd love to see the quote. If you can't provide it I suppose it would fall in the category of sourceless quotes such as "With the current seeding system, it is impossible to have a group of death, because any two teams from pot 3 and 4 are inferior to portugal/spain." Oh wait.....
              I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by euphory View Post
                We have female bus drivers and cab drivers, something unthinkable during the era of Shah.
                this is what you wrote, you should go and check real facts not some crap of some kalagh siah.
                This is my last reply on this subject as well. I clearly said bus and taxi drivers, nothing about driving cars. During the Shah era women did not or were not allowed to works as bus drivers.

Oh and calling people sick in the head for their believes and opinions, sounds a bit extreme to me lad. My opinion still stands, i reckon it is better if women are not allowed in football stadiums for men's matches and vice versa, at least for now. As it stands i don't see women being allowed entrance in football stadiums for men's matches in the upcoming years anyway.

Comment

I see Arabic dressed people in this picture, the picture is probably taken in Dubai or some other Arabic country in the Persian Gulf, definitely not taken in Iran.

Edited: i saw too late that the picture was taken in Abadan. Do you have any pictures from Tehran/Azadi stadium? Shouldn't be that hard?
                  LOL "definitely not taken in Iran" turned into show me pictures from Azadi Stadium. This must be a record for the amount of PWNAGE in a single day.
                  I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Most of these policies were enacted by Khomeini? Do you know anything about Iran and it's history? Iran wasn't Paris until Khomeini came and took us back to medieval Arabia with his Indian heritage and Arabic accent. These policies, customs and cultural conservative rules were present in Iran long before Khomeini was born.
                    Seriously where do you guys come from?
                    Sirvan there you go again talking about pre-revolution when you never replied to this:
                    http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...-Thread)/page8
                    Look, some men don't want women in the stadium some for religious reasons, some for as you like to call it 'cultural' reasons (I think that's giving it too much credit and I will just call it misogynistic reasons).
                    But the fact is IR does not want women in the stadium for Political, Religious, and Misogynistic reasons, the most important being Political. And if you can't see that despite living in Iran then pay a little more attention to how they are wielding power, partly through their war on women for the past 40 years. And it's not only hejab.
                    For those members that think this is just an esoteric argument: July 15 has come and gone and if they don't allow women in the stadium then we have a chance of being banned. I love TM, but if that's what it takes.....
                    زن زندگی آزادی

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                      LOL "definitely not taken in Iran" turned into show me pictures from Azadi Stadium. This must be a record for the amount of PWNAGE in a single day.
                      You know i would say grow up man, but since you're probably around 50 years of age, i'm afraid that that's never going to happen. Seriously, which 50 year old man talks like that? PWNAGE is something a teenager would say. In fact, your way of discussing and mannerism on this forum reminds me of 15 year old boys. I'm not here to pwnage anyone but share my ideas and support Iran and our TM.

Comment

Originally posted by bozghaleh View Post
                        Sirvan there you go again talking about pre-revolution when you never replied to this:
                        http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...-Thread)/page8
                        Look, some men don't want women in the stadium some for religious reasons, some for as you like to call it 'cultural' reasons (I think that's giving it too much credit and I will just call it misogynistic reasons).
                        But the fact is IR does not want women in the stadium for Political, Religious, and Misogynistic reasons, the most important being Political. And if you can't see that despite living in Iran then pay a little more attention to how they are wielding power, partly through their war on women for the past 40 years. And it's not only hejab.
                        For those members that think this is just an esoteric argument: July 15 has come and gone and if they don't allow women in the stadium then we have a chance of being banned. I love TM, but if that's what it takes.....
                        Don't worry TM will not be banned by fifa. They will work it out, maybe certain fifa officials will attend a seminar regarding Iranian culture organised by IFF.

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post

آبادان فوتبال استادیوم 1350
                          Pic from Irane Ghadim Chanel Telegram
                          Wow! Dorood bar tow St Mark jaan! The amazing diversity of people attending, both women and men, is fascinating. As they say: A picture is worth a thousand words. This tells you that given the choice, people can live side by side and enjoy life while holding on to their belief systems.

Comment

The current discussion is very much relevant to TM since FIFA's final decision will impact the state of football in Iran and the future of TM.

Comment

Comment

What does this have to do with being 2019? Let me ask you a question lad:

If you visit someone's house as a guest, and his rule is people taking their shoes off in his house, do you take your shoes off or do you say no f that i'm keeping my shoes on because that's what i do in my own house as well?
                                Your analogy is sooo off but i will entertain it anyway. So yea.. not at all.. I would take off my shoes. However, if the rule is "Leave your wife outside of my house because I don't allow women inside.", Then I would not enter the house either because:
                                A) I don't associate with people with backwards thinking.
                                B) I have more respect for my wife than to put her through that.
                                C) Im not trying to join in on a sausage party.
                                #WilmotsOUT

Comment

Working...
                                X