Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Wilmots wants to ease his work, he should go and see his old clubs (Bordeaux, Schalke) and try to wake their interest for some TM players who are good bargain (Taremi/Mohammadi/Eza for free, Beiro,..)

Also try to use his connection to seal a friendly with Ivory coast

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
      Also try to use his connection to seal a friendly with Ivory coast
      I don't think those are good connections since he was fired there.

Comment

New interview with Wilmots from Belgian media:

"Wilmots discovers Iran: "It might even be safer here than in Europe"

After a long mating dance, Marc Wilmots then succumbed to the offer from Iran. His first experiences were positive: "When I arrived here, my mouth fell open in surprise."

"Stadium for 100,000 spectators, a billiard table, ..."

Iran is the 3rd country in a row of which Marc Wilmots is the national coach, after Belgium and Ivory Coast. "I doubted a bit and first stopped the boat, but they went a long way to attract me," he says in a conversation with Sporza.

"The chairman finally came to Belgium to chat and I then went to Tehran for three days to inspect the facilities. When I arrived there, my mouth fell open in surprise: a stadium for 100,000 spectators, a grass mat like a billiard cloth and a sports center similar to Tubeke, where everything is there. "

But why did Iran pull out all the stops to bring in Wilmots? "Their previous national coach Queiroz has achieved exceptional results. Iran always went to the World Cup with him. But they want me because they want to get Iran competitive just like Belgium. Moreover, they felt that the playing style under Queiroz was not offensive."
        "Find different ingredients to make delicious soup"

Iran has 80 million inhabitants and according to Wilmots is crazy about football. The potential is therefore enormous. "There is a lot of talent here. I have a keeper here that nobody knows, but who could play at any top club in Europe."

"I also let an 18-year-old attacker make his debut. He had scored twice against Germany with the U17. He came in and immediately scored a goal against Syria. And I am convinced that there are still such talents around. We must find them . As a national coach I like to look for the different ingredients to make a delicious soup. "

"Then the question remains about how we want to play. Of course you can't change everything in 3 training sessions, but in the practice match against South Korea we immediately got 16 chances. They had never seen that here. There was an Iran was not afraid and dared to play forward. The plan is to adopt that philosophy with all youth teams. "

Of course the ambition with Iran is not the same as before with Belgium. "With the Red Devils I always thought: we are going there to win that tournament. Now that is different. But you can also surprise with Iran. It never survived the group stage of a World Cup. That seems like a nice challenge to me."

"It might even be safer here than in Europe"

The facilities and potential may be impressive in Iran, but it will also be a bit of a culture shock for Wilmots. "But I love discovering new countries. I am curious. I was already working in Europe and Africa and now I am getting to know Asia."

"It is true that the women here walk around with a headscarf and that men and women have separate beaches. But that is the culture here, you adapt."

"I have mainly been to Tehran and what I noticed there is that everything is very clean. You see flowers everywhere. I think it's a European city, it's really formidable. And our training center is a magical place, with the mountains up the background."

"I don't want to comment on politics, because I am here for sports. But I have not noticed anything about insecurity. It is perhaps even safer here than in Europe, because there is much more control. Everything is clear here: no alcohol, not this, not that, ... That is a mentality that I appreciate. Because there is also a lot of respect at all levels, I don't have to play a police officer at the training. "

The language will require an adjustment for Wilmots. "You would think so, but 70% of the players understand English. I can reach the other 30% through my assistant. Vahid Hashemian is a 50-fold international who until recently trained the U17 in Hamburg. I want him like Lawyer "Helped me to go higher. I can talk to him in German and he translates it into Persian."

"That match against Vital will come anyway"

Marc Wilmots formed with the Red Devils and an inseparable duo with Vital Borkelmans, but after that story the two went their own way. Borkelmans himself already opted for an adventure in the Middle East a year ago, as the national coach of Jordan.

"Vital is happy that he can be number 1 now. I think it's fantastic. I recently saw him on the plane and I said," Vital, we have to play a match against each other. "And we will do that too. First we have to wait and see if we don't have to compete in the qualifying. But that match against Vital will come anyway. "

https://sporza.be/nl/2019/07/01/wilm...eken-bij-iran/

Comment

Originally posted by aenima_8 View Post

After a long mating dance, Marc Wilmots then succumbed to the offer from Iran. His first experiences were positive: "When I arrived here, my mouth fell open in surprise."

Iran is the 3rd country in a row of which Marc Wilmots is the national coach, after Belgium and Ivory Coast. "I doubted a bit and first stopped the boat, but they went a long way to attract me," he says in a conversation with Sporza.

"The chairman finally came to Belgium to chat and I then went to Tehran for three days to inspect the facilities. When I arrived there, my mouth fell open in surprise: a stadium for 100,000 spectators, a grass mat like a billiard cloth and a sports center similar to Tubeke, where everything is there. "

But why did Iran pull out all the stops to bring in Wilmots? "Their previous national coach Queiroz has achieved exceptional results. Iran always went to the World Cup with him. But they want me because they want to get Iran competitive just like Belgium. Moreover, they felt that the playing style under Queiroz was not offensive."

Iran has 80 million inhabitants and according to Wilmots is crazy about football. The potential is therefore enormous. "There is a lot of talent here. I have a keeper here that nobody knows, but who could play at any top club in Europe."

"I also let an 18-year-old attacker make his debut. He had scored twice against Germany with the U17. He came in and immediately scored a goal against Syria. And I am convinced that there are still such talents around. We must find them . As a national coach I like to look for the different ingredients to make a delicious soup. "

"Then the question remains about how we want to play. Of course you can't change everything in 3 training sessions, but in the practice match against South Korea we immediately got 16 chances. They had never seen that here. There was an Iran was not afraid and dared to play forward. The plan is to adopt that philosophy with all youth teams. "

Of course the ambition with Iran is not the same as before with Belgium. "With the Red Devils I always thought: we are going there to win that tournament. Now that is different. But you can also surprise with Iran. It never survived the group stage of a World Cup. That seems like a nice challenge to me."

The facilities and potential may be impressive in Iran, but it will also be a bit of a culture shock for Wilmots. "But I love discovering new countries. I am curious. I was already working in Europe and Africa and now I am getting to know Asia."

"It is true that the women here walk around with a headscarf and that men and women have separate beaches. But that is the culture here, you adapt."

"I have mainly been to Tehran and what I noticed there is that everything is very clean. You see flowers everywhere. I think it's a European city, it's really formidable. And our training center is a magical place, with the mountains up the background."

"I don't want to comment on politics, because I am here for sports. But I have not noticed anything about insecurity. It is perhaps even safer here than in Europe, because there is much more control. Everything is clear here: no alcohol, not this, not that, ... That is a mentality that I appreciate. Because there is also a lot of respect at all levels, I don't have to play a police officer at the training. "

The language will require an adjustment for Wilmots. "You would think so, but 70% of the players understand English. I can reach the other 30% through my assistant. Vahid Hashemian is a 50-fold international who until recently trained the U17 in Hamburg. I want him like Lawyer "Helped me to go higher. I can talk to him in German and he translates it into Persian."

Marc Wilmots formed with the Red Devils and an inseparable duo with Vital Borkelmans, but after that story the two went their own way. Borkelmans himself already opted for an adventure in the Middle East a year ago, as the national coach of Jordan.

"Vital is happy that he can be number 1 now. I think it's fantastic. I recently saw him on the plane and I said," Vital, we have to play a match against each other. "And we will do that too. First we have to wait and see if we don't have to compete in the qualifying. But that match against Vital will come anyway. "

Wow great read. Im not gonna lie I was skeptical but I really like Wilmots so far..

Comment

beiranvand can play in any top club in europe. Damn right he can.
            Great interview.

on another note, how many of the positives he mentioned were a result of CQs work? Besides the fact that he lauded cq at the start of the interview, the facilities and pitch of azadi he mentions were the direct result of CQs pressure on IFF that made him unpopular in some sectors, with people on this board and other places using it as proof of how he is "always complaining".

His legacy is :
            1- an extremely solid unit that plays as a team with quality in every position, ability to follow coaches instructions, no hashieh, and desire to sacrifice everything for TM. So here from a technical point of perspective he took a group of subpar individuals and molded it into a very solid team, with potential to take the next step, and from a culture perspective changed a hashieh filled dressing room to one of dignity and respect.

2- A training center on par with european ones, as wilmots mentioned, something he had to beg and fight years for. Now foreign coaches view these facilities as one of the major attractions of Iran.

How this can be forgotten by some is beyond me, when wilmots himself is directly mentioning it.

Comment

TM Training
              July 6-16

U23 Training
              July 9/10 - 16

TM vs U23
              JUly 15

اردوی تیم ملی از 19 تا 15 تیر در زمین شماره دو کمپ تیم های ملی برگزار می شود
              . قرار است تیم ملی روز 24 تیر در همین زمین میزبان تیم امید باشد.
              جالب اینکه تیم امید هم از 18 یا 19 تیر اردوی خود را در کمپ تیم های ملی آغاز خواهد کرد. قرار است شاگردان فرهاد مجیدی در زمین شماره یک تمرین کنند.

Comment

first I read the Persian translated version of this interview before reading this and guess how they translate this part "I don't have to play a police officer at the training"

" من دیگر نیازی به حضور یک پلیس در جلسات تمریناتی*ام ندارم"
                https://www.tasnimnews.com/fa/news/1...A9%D9%86%D9%85

no comment !

Comment

Great interview.
                  Sounds like he really wants a friendly with Jordan !

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                    Great interview.
                    Sounds like he really wants a friendly with Jordan !
                    They are one of the few Arab teams in Asia where we do actually benefit in friendlies. They counter very well and can test a defense in the air. Physical defenders too.

Comment

Marc has got the memo and tackling his mission with the right attitude.

That;s the way aha aha, I like it, aha aha!

ویلموتس:برای تغییر سبک بازی و صعود در جام جهانی، مربی ایران شدم

سرمربی تیم ملی فوتبال کشورمان گفت: به اینجا آمدم که با تغییر سبک بازی،از ایران تیمی هجومی بسازم که به دور دوم جام جهانی برود

https://www.farsnews.com/news/139804...5-%D8%A8%D8%A7

Comment

is their a new TM list announcement?
                        "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
                          is their a new TM list announcement?
                          Do we have friendlies coming up?

Draw for the next WCQ is July 17th. I doubt they meet before then.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                            Do we have friendlies coming up?

Draw for the next WCQ is July 17th. I doubt they meet before then.
                            Jul 15 TM vs U23
                            "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

I believe that the July friendly is just domestic players he wants to test out. Legionnaires will have preseason training

Comment

Marc Wilmots looks for new challenge with Iran

https://www.tehrantimes.com/news/437...enge-with-Iran

The former was named as new head coach of Iran national football team in May.

The former Belgium and Ivory Coast coach, who replaced Carlos Queiroz in Team Melli, wants to make a surprise with the Iranian football team.

"There is a lot of talent here. I have a goalkeeper in my team who could play at any top club in Europe. I also let an 18-year-old attacker to make his debut. He had already scored twice against Germany in the 2017 FIFA U17 World Cup. In the match against Syria, Allahyar Sayyadmanesh came off the bench and immediately scored a goal. And I am convinced that there are so many talents and we must find them. As a national coach, I like to look for the different ingredients to make a delicious soup," Wilmots said in an interview with Sporza.be.

"And the question remains: How we want to play? Of course, you can't change everything in three training sessions, but in the friendly match against South Korea we created 16 scoring chances. Iran were not afraid of playing attacking football. The younger players need to adopt the new philosophy," he said.

The Belgian coach believes that the ambition with Iran is not the same as before with Belgium.

"With the Red Devils I always thought we were going to win that tournament. Now, that is different. But you can also surprise with Iran. Iran have not advanced to a World Cup knockout stage so far and it will be a good challenge for me," he added.

“I love discovering new countries. I am curious. I was already working in Europe and Africa and now I am getting to know Asia. I have been in Tehran since coaching the team and what I noticed that everything is very clean. You see flowers everywhere. I think it's a European city, it's really formidable. And our training center is a magical place, with the mountains in the background," the Belgian coach went on to say.

"I don't want to make any comment on politics, because I am here for sports. But I have noticed that Iran is a safe country. It’s safe here, perhaps your life might be safer in Iran than Europe. Everything is clear here,” Wilmots concluded.

Comment

Working...
                                X