Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Former 96-pro Vahid Hashemian talks about his new coaching job in Iran.

New job for Hashemian: former 96-professional Vahid Hashemian is now the new assistant to Iranian national coach Marc Wilmots. That said the 42-year-old in conversation with hannover96.deand thus confirmed media reports from Iran. "It's an honor for me to be able to work in a top position for my home country," said Hashemian, whose contract in Iran will initially be for one year, but will be extended for another two years to the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.

Wilmots had chosen Hashemian from several co-trainer candidates selected by the Iranian Football Association. "I was very happy," said the former 96-scorer (eleven goals in 85 games). "Marc Wilmots and I have already had a lot of exchange over the past few days and we get along very well," said Hashemian. "I am glad that I can pass on my experience to the players in the future - and at the same time learn something from an experienced coach. "

https://www.hannover96.de/aktuelles/...-dienstag.html

Comment

https://www.foxsportsasia.com/footba...ld-cup-target/

-“From now on, Iran is my country and we have to work together to achieve a successful outcome. I’ve visited here in the past days and I have to say Iran is a developed country. We are going to qualify for the 2022 World Cup, that’s why we are here,” Wilmots was quoted as saying by the Tehran Times.

-Wilmots family were against Iran, but Wilmots went against his family’s decision to join Iran.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post

-“From now on, Iran is my country and we have to work together to achieve a successful outcome. I’ve visited here in the past days and I have to say Iran is a developed country. We are going to qualify for the 2022 World Cup, that’s why we are here,” Wilmots was quoted as saying by the Tehran Times.

-Wilmots family were against Iran, but Wilmots went against his family’s decision to join Iran.
        Honestly, so far, seems like a good person !

Comment

^ second that - too early to get a good read on him in any way but he seems like a good person all around. his statements since arriving, his staff he has assembled, and seemingly keeping the unity/harmony within TM locker room going is a good first impression for us fans

having hashemian in particular with the current crop of strikers is what excites me most. I consider him to be our most polished striker of all time and was a consistent solid performer in the bundesliga for quite some time, not to mention his classy personality. dont think there is a better example for our boys to look up to and someone they can learn from
          Last edited by Ghermez Agha; 06-05-2019, 09:10 AM.
          Team Meli Iran
          Perspolis FC
          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

^ I have to agree. Based on Hashemian's remarks, Wilmots and Vahid have a good chemistry and the photos and videos also indicate that the new TM HC cares about making a connection with the players. I like the active participation of all the coaching staff in the training sessions. Here are some photos of the last training session and Wilmots's first press conference http://ffiri.ir/fa/news/2277/%D9%88%...B3%D8%AA%D9%85 where he said that he prefers ball ownership and attacking football yet he will pursue a balanced approach and it also depends who the opponent is. Obviously, Wilmots is building on the solid foundation that CQ built, yet he is showing good signs so far in taking TM to a new level. We shall see.

Go TM!

Comment

Game finally listed on LiveScore.com. 8:45am PST TOMORROW!

Comment

Wilmots seems to be a players coach just like CQ, this aspect is the key in any pro sport these days around the world.

Comment

Wilmots promised to play attacking football

https://90tv.ir/news/%D9%88%DB%8C%D9...A7%D8%B3%D8%AA

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                    Wilmots seems to be a players coach just like CQ, this aspect is the key in any pro sport these days around the world.
                    Vahid Hashemian too! Along with all of Wilmots staff, even the bodyguard :P

Comment

Just a reminder for everyone. Don't expect a highly tuned performance like the one we had vs Spain or Morocco.

He's going to try his own ideas and that means we might look disjointed at times in the beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post

The guy coached Ivory Coast. Not surprising he finds Iran a developped country in comparison

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                          Just a reminder for everyone. Don't expect a highly tuned performance like the one we had vs Spain or Morocco.

He's going to try his own ideas and that means we might look disjointed at times in the beginning.
                          I am excited to see if we can tell the difference tomorrow between CQ plan and Wilmots..I mean it is still early for him to apply his idea after a few training sessions but tomorrow would be a good warm up for Korea game...Oh man koreans will be pissed if they lose or tie this game with us as their whole point was to catch us at our weakest point

Comment

Damn 3 goals for CR7, Daei's record at danger

Comment

Great clip from TM goalie training led by Spinosi earlier today at Azadi. The new TM goalkeepers coach is full of energy and looks like he has fun along with our four sangarbaans! Hosseini won the contest. All signs from the coaching staff so far is positive! https://video.varzesh3.com/video/192990

Go TM!
                              Sangarbaaneh beemaanand: Alireza Beiranvand!

Comment

I don't know about you guys but I love photos and videos of TM training.

This so far looks really good. Whatever happens in the next two games, we have to stay balanced. It takes a while for any coaching team to adjust, even CQ's first two years weren't great.

I don't mind if we lose our amazing record against SK - it genuinely doesn't matter. All I want to see is a continuation of the discipline, team spirit and passion we have seen for the last few years.

Go Wilmots.

Comment

Working...
                                X