This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P-Money View Post
    How dumb to be againt a 48 teams World cup, Irans chances of making it to WC grow, Irans chances of beating teams grows, tje World Cup will be some days longer so we enjoy and and and , cant understand why i should be against it
    We need to win the world cup in its current format first.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
      The stupidest thing about the 48 team World Cup is that we would have groups with only 3 teams!
      To me actually that's the only BAD thing about it. that's a stupid format

Comment

Originally posted by Irannn View Post
        To me actually that's the only BAD thing about it. that's a stupid format
        That and having Bangladesh and the Solomon Islands in it.
        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

How dumb to be againt a 48 teams World cup, Irans chances of making it to WC grow, Irans chances of beating teams grows, tje World Cup will be some days longer so we enjoy and and and , cant understand why i should be against it
          48 team world cup with bunch of low-quality games < Having a world cup every 3 year

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
            48 team world cup with bunch of low-quality games < Having a world cup every 3 year
            this, if any change..!
            i'd rather fifa increased the frequency of WC rather than mess or tinker with its format so much and add bunch of scrub teams and take away from the thrill and importance of WCQualifying process, which by itself is already a very big and exciting part of the event..!
            in short, there is no doubt that such a silly, drastic change which is driven primarily by FIFA Greed, will chip away from, if not completely Destroy the Prestige and Significance of the recognized The Most Elite football Tournament in the world..!
            no doubt the US/CANADA/MEXICO WC will go on with this new format and my hopes are the worldwide fan backlash from it will be vast and strong enough to persuade FIFA to move back to the already Proven 32 team formula..! doubtful though, as the pursuit of mighty $$ rules all the scandalous FIFA decisions and they are sure to increase their marking profits from this change..!

Comment

IFF is yet to make an official announcement on Wilmots. The only justification one could think of is that there are still issues with either the contract or money transfers. In the meantime there reports about Wilmots arriving next week in Tehran with his assistants and Taj saying that the contract has twice the number of items that CQ’s had, please see below. Note that Taj doesn’t say that the contract is signed. All the reports on signing of the contract have been from none-IFF sources.

https://90tv.ir/news/تاج-قرارداد-ویل...انی-است

https://90tv.ir/news/زمان-حضور-ویلموتس-در-ایران-مشخص-شد

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                IFF is yet to make an official announcement on Wilmots. The only justification one could think of is that there are still issues with either the contract or money transfers. In the meantime there reports about Wilmots arriving next week in Tehran with his assistants and Taj saying that the contract has twice the number of items that CQ’s had, please see below. Note that Taj doesn’t say that the contract is signed. All the reports on signing of the contract have been from none-IFF sources.

https://90tv.ir/news/تاج-قرارداد-ویل...انی-است

https://90tv.ir/news/زمان-حضور-ویلموتس-در-ایران-مشخص-شد
                this is getting very fishy......
                Team Meli Iran
                Perspolis FC
                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                  I would be so happy if the World Cup was every 3 years. I can bear the wait at that point.

Comment

And what's the point of world cup qualification, if it's no longer a challenge? The whole qualification process is huge, and one of the most important and exciting aspects of international football. It'll become completely insignificant with a 48 team world cup.

Why would we be happy about winning more games, if it's only because we're facing weaker teams?

This 48 team world cup is ridiculous, the qualification process is insignificant now, and the quality of the teams will be way lower.

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
                      And what's the point of world cup qualification, if it's no longer a challenge? The whole qualification process is huge, and one of the most important and exciting aspects of international football. It'll become completely insignificant with a 48 team world cup.

Why would we be happy about winning more games, if it's only because we're facing weaker teams?

This 48 team world cup is ridiculous, the qualification process is insignificant now, and the quality of the teams will be way lower.
                      This is precisely why our 1978 World Cup campaign is our most impressive one.
                      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                        This is precisely why our 1978 World Cup campaign is our most impressive one.
                        That's not really relevant in the discussion either as back in 78, Asian teams were much weaker than now. There was no Japan, Saudi Arabia and Australia was not part of Asia. Thailand, North Korea, Oman, Bahrain, Qatar, etc. weren't even "addad".

Comment

It should be noted that Korea only started qualifying to WCs only when they increased the number of teams from 16 to 24.

And they have made it every time since then and never before it except one time in the pre-transistor times.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                            That's not really relevant in the discussion either as back in 78, Asian teams were much weaker than now. There was no Japan, Saudi Arabia and Australia was not part of Asia. Thailand, North Korea, Oman, Bahrain, Qatar, etc. weren't even "addad".
                            It is. Only one team made it from Asia and Oceania. We were that team and were among the final 16 of the World Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                              It is. Only one team made it from Asia and Oceania. We were that team and were among the final 16 of the World Cup.
                              I agree. It was much harder to qualify since only one team got in from two (or 1.5) continents. The 78 team had legends in each position. It was also the first time Iran qualified. Our football would be at a whole different level if Iran had gone through a gradual reform process rather than years of bloody revolution and war. I remember I was a young kid playing in our 'koocheh' with Plasco plastic balls and this guy with his Peykan drove through and stopped to ask for directions since our alley was a dead-end. When I started telling him how to get out of our neighborhood I noticed that it was Mohajerani the coach of the national team. He thanked me for the directions and left. We were so excited that we talked to him

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                                I agree. It was much harder to qualify since only one team got in from two (or 1.5) continents. The 78 team had legends in each position. It was also the first time Iran qualified. Our football would be at a whole different level if Iran had gone through a gradual reform process rather than years of bloody revolution and war. I remember I was a young kid playing in our 'koocheh' with Plasco plastic balls and this guy with his Peykan drove through and stopped to ask for directions since our alley was a dead-end. When I started telling him how to get out of our neighborhood I noticed that it was Mohajerani the coach of the national team. He thanked me for the directions and left. We were so excited that we talked to him
                                I can't help but wonder how we would have made it in the 1978 World Cup had Ghelichkhani and Mazloomi made the final roster.

Comment

Working...
                                X