This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YeCheesi Tala View Post
    Um...Iranians are one of the hardest working minority classes in the US I know (only ones that might beat Iranians at being hardworking are Vietnamese and Nigerians)
    Speak for yourself
    Anyways I think Markar would be a good interm coach until we find a decent foreign coach if Taj needs time
    lol some one is very sensitive by my comment and getting triggered...

Comment

Originally posted by the matrix1 View Post
      lol some one is very sensitive by my comment and getting triggered...
      Stop generalizing.
      If you're lazy, don't throw it on the whole country.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
        Stop generalizing.
        If you're lazy, don't throw it on the whole country.
        Hi, I am just basing this on my own experience with a lot of Iranians. Why is everyone here upset about this comment? You guys need to stop taking everything so seriously and being very sensitive...

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
          It does not matter who the manager is. What matters is that the team buys into the gameplan. The good thing about CQ was that the whole team was behind him. We have never had that before. That is what it takes to be succesful. All the managers with an International licsense can be good enough to lead a team but what matters is if the team fallows that manager.
          Agree with everything except the Bold.

Comment

I like Aghajanian as an assistant, but he is no shape or form ready to take the head coaching position for one of the biggest national teams in Asia.
            Aghajanian comes off as a chill/cool personality and that simply doesn't work especially when IFF steps in.

I think we all can come to a safe conclusion that NO vatani can coach TM. We need to simply wait until the summer and see if we can bring Herve Renard or another proven foreign coach in.

Comment

We have to admit we have a segment of society that would destroy even the best Iranian coach, simply because they can get away with insulting Iranians.

Comment

We have to admit we have a segment of society that would destroy even the best Iranian coach, simply because they can get away with insulting Iranians.
                That mentality needs to be eradicated and it will.

Remember 10-15 years ago we used to bring in refs from Europe or even
                Kuwait and Saudi for the Red & Blue derby. But now that's not even an option

Same thing will happen with TM coaching. The sooner the better.

Comment

CQW has left, signed a juicy contract with COLOMBIA FA and IFF is still sitting picking their nose and only busy making 50 million fans guess who the next coach is!!! This is so freakin unprofessional, so idiotic and says so much on the inability of this regime as a whole to get anything done right . We are a country run by MORONS and VILLAGE IDIOTS!

Comment

Listen working and starting your coaching career in IPL which most of Iranian coaches have done does not make them good coaches. These coaches are only good enough for IPL... Where have you heard a Iranian born inside Iran going outside of Iran and actually winning a championship or tile with a European club team? I know I havent.. I also didnt mean Aghajanian was lazy but that I have met alot of lazy Iranians in my life. Sorry, I said it poorly. My bad. Right now there is no good Iranian coach with enough International experience and knowledge to coach team melli. It is too big of a job for them and they will ultimately fail. Yes maybe in the future when Hashemian or Mahdavikia coach a european club team and win a championship or championships in a good league then yes I am all in for them to take the team melli coaching. But until then we can only rely on a very good foreign coach option.

Comment

Originally posted by eliz3p View Post
                      We had so many talented players. I did wish that we were more attack oriented during WC 18.
                      We've already seen this, in the 2006 world cup: Lot's of talented attacking players, even some good defenders + an attacking game plan

Was it more exciting to watch? Yes, but the results were not fun to look at after:
                      3-1 loss to mexico (ran out of gas, completely outplayed in the end)
                      2-0 lost to portugal (ran out of gas, completely outplayed for entire 90 minutes)
                      1-1 tie with 1st time world cup participants, Angola (had to tie the match via set piece - embarrassing to say the least)

At the end of the day, we have to play to our greatest strengths, and you can't suddenly change Iran into perfectly well-balanced team that can boss possession and still defend well - this stuff takes years to happen, and also requires proper fundamentals with youth systems, player development, and financial support from the federation. Unfortunately, this will not for several years, if ever during our lifetimes.

Carlos Queiroz was smart: He developed a game plan that was based on our strengths and what we can realistically achieve within a reasonable amount of time.

He could have had us play attacking football in the world cup, like we did in Asian Cup 2019, but we would have just been slaughtered would have probably lost every match in 2018.

You can't create a perfect, possession-based system over a a couple of years with no support from the federation and tons of disorganization within the country & federation.

CQ did what he could with what he had:
                      1. instilled discipline, focus, and a true team mentality
                      2. greatly improved the fitness and strength of our players
                      3. did so much outside of the field, to really create true team unity, and a hunger to win among our players
                      4. turned our biggest weakness (defense) into our greatest strength
                      5. encouraged our players to go to Europe from a young age

This is results oriented football, and at the end of the day, results are what matters, not entertainment for viewers on television.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                        I like Aghajanian as an assistant, but he is no shape or form ready to take the head coaching position for one of the biggest national teams in Asia.
                        Aghajanian comes off as a chill/cool personality and that simply doesn't work especially when IFF steps in.

I think we all can come to a safe conclusion that NO vatani can coach TM. We need to simply wait until the summer and see if we can bring Herve Renard or another proven foreign coach in.

Does Renard wear a cape?
                        We are losing momentum...
                        Keep calm and believe in Fairies and Footballers Roxanaz

Comment

There are some rumors regarding IFF started the negotiation with Lauren Blanc.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                            There is a huge difference between rumor and officially signed the contract with a manager. No one knows who is the next coach until they officially sign the contract with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                              Can you share the sources please!

Look lol: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...eague-14000800

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
                                Can you share the sources please!

Look lol: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...eague-14000800
                                I read that on Iranian papers, that is why i called it rumor!

Comment

Working...
                                X