This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frank Ocean View Post
    Besides that - yes I know he wasnt that succesful with Bayern ( Hoeness & Rumennige are also to blame) but what he tried there was basically what he did for Germany in 2006 - build a great team out of young & high potential players - Lahm, Podolski, Schweini etc. where all nobodys before World Cup 2006
    I would happily give Klinsmann a 10 year contract if I where IFF

LOL what are you talking about. Klinsmann was horrible at Bayern and Hoeness and Rummenige are not at all to blame for his failure. In fact they sticked to him for a long time despite partially very bad results ( 4-0 in barcelona or 5-1 in wolfsburg).
    Klinsmann problem is and this is also confirmed by bayern players like Lahm etc , that he is tactically very bad and more the motivational coach, Lahm said they didnt train tactics at all and that the players literally had to do their own tactics on the pitch because klinsmann was focussing on endurance training and that kind of stuff.
    Even when Klinsi was german coach he did he motivational talks and löw did all the tactical stuff, which is confirmed by everyone.
    So stop with your 10 year contract crap for klinsi. He needs to prove himself first after he couldnt even bring the US to WC.

Just because you didnt know them it doesnt mean schweinstieger, lahm and podolski were nobodies before WC.
    At that time schweinsteiger was already playing 4 seasons for bayern and lahm was playing high level football already too during that time and you could see he would become world class soon. Podolski was already a very known super talent before WC. In fact they all played the Euro 2 years before that and were known players and all starters at bundesliga clubs.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
      Don't know why, I saw XAvi as TM head coach in my dreams lol
      What a nightmare you had! lol

Comment

Xavi will likely become head coach of Qatar at some point, and I'm predicting a year before the 2022 World Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Navidi94 View Post
          LOL what are you talking about. Klinsmann was horrible at Bayern and Hoeness and Rummenige are not at all to blame for his failure. In fact they sticked to him for a long time despite partially very bad results ( 4-0 in barcelona or 5-1 in wolfsburg).
          Klinsmann problem is and this is also confirmed by bayern players like Lahm etc , that he is tactically very bad and more the motivational coach, Lahm said they didnt train tactics at all and that the players literally had to do their own tactics on the pitch because klinsmann was focussing on endurance training and that kind of stuff.
          Even when Klinsi was german coach he did he motivational talks and löw did all the tactical stuff, which is confirmed by everyone.
          So stop with your 10 year contract crap for klinsi. He needs to prove himself first after he couldnt even bring the US to WC.

Just because you didnt know them it doesnt mean schweinstieger, lahm and podolski were nobodies before WC.
          At that time schweinsteiger was already playing 4 seasons for bayern and lahm was playing high level football already too during that time and you could see he would become world class soon. Podolski was already a very known super talent before WC. In fact they all played the Euro 2 years before that and were known players and all starters at bundesliga clubs.
          yup, IMO, he is one of the most hyped and overrated coaches ever..!! told my nephew the same thing when USMNT hired him and he argued otherwise for a long time until it became evident to him..!!

nonetheless, as diz mentioned below, we should all feel so lucky if IFF was even seriously looking at such caliber coaches..!!

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
            Xavi will likely become head coach of Qatar at some point, and I'm predicting a year before the 2022 World Cup.
            That would be interesting but I doubt Xavi has the coaching caliber to cope in the World Cup yet. He might have to be given some time during their "Qualifiers"

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
              Don't know why, I saw XAvi as TM head coach in my dreams lol
              lol
              rooo sareh kaleh maa mikhaai ostaash koni..?

clever players, especially well experienced ones such as him typically make for an eventually good coaches..!! but also nobody wants to be the first to try their luck to see how he would fair as a coach..!!

ps
              i believe the IFF goozooz by now have gotten a real good grasp of their monumental mistake of letting CQ slip away...!!
              and everyday that goes by its becoming more and more evident to these idiots exactly how attractive and Marketable of an option TM is amongst the tier1 level of international coaches and how much more $$s and hassles it'll take in order to lure a similarly internationally experienced and noteworthy coach to seriously consider them ..!!
              im guessing they've already been turned down swiftly many times so far and currently they dont have jack squat in terms of a decent possible replacement coach for CQ or we surely woulda heard at least some specific rumors by now..!! EVER KNOWN IFF TO BE CAPABLE OF KEEPING A JUICY SECRET..??

The tactic currently is to just sit on their assses and waste valuable time until fans get ultra desperate and just happy to attain just any coach...!! forget about a good tier1, well experienced international caliber one..!

Comment

Some minor news regarding the 2022 World Cup.
                Tonight at 11am Kuala Lumpur time(thats 11pm EST and 8pm PST) there will be the draw for the first round of AFC qualifiers. These are the 12 lowest ranked teams. They are drawn in two pots.

Pot1: Malaysia, Cambodia, Macau, Laos, Bhutan, and Mongolia
                Pot2: Guam, Bangladesh, Timor-Leste, Sri Lanka, Brunei, and Pakistan.

They will play a home and away playoff and the 6 winners will go to Round 2 where the other AFC teams enter. There will be 8 groups of 5 teams in Round 2 with the group winner and the 4 best second placed teams going through(similar to last time). The draw for Round 2 is in June I believe.

If you really care enough to watch the draw for Round1 and see what other procedures/rounds the AFC will discuss here is the link that will show it.

Last edited by perspolis#1; 04-16-2019, 08:06 AM.

Comment

People who are looking for top level coaches should stop dreaming, why would any top level coach be 1) without job 2) take over Iran with all headaches regarding to money transfer, friendlies, facilities, bunch of Gooshfand in IFF, IPL coaches and and..Unless someone who want to prove himself again, which was the case of Queiroz 4 years a go. That is why someone like Kilinsi make sense. Not the best option but the guy coached Germany and Bayern, even though German succes was mainly due to Low's work but still. I am Ok with Klinsmann.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                    Some minor news regarding the 2022 World Cup.
                    Tonight at 11am Kuala Lumpur time(thats 11pm EST and 8pm PST) there will be the draw for the first round of AFC qualifiers. These are the 12 lowest ranked teams. They are drawn in two pots.

Pot1: Malaysia, Cambodia, Macau, Laos, Bhutan, and Mongolia
                    Pot2: Guam, Bangladesh, Timor-Leste, Sri Lanka, Brunei, and Pakistan.

They will play a home and away playoff and the 6 winners will go to Round 2 where the other AFC teams enter. There will be 8 groups of 5 teams in Round 2 with the group winner and the 4 best second placed teams going through(similar to last time). The draw for Round 2 is in June I believe.

If you really care enough to watch the draw for Round1 and see what other procedures/rounds the AFC will discuss here is the link that will show it.

I expect pakistan to make an impact in the qualifiers.
                    I truly believe in them. Either them or Sri lanka😂

Comment

what i can add is that Klinsmann once spent (all) his money which he got from world cup 98 or 94 for earthquake in Iran, i think it was in Bam...

Klinsmann, scored and celebrated the goal in the world cup against us, many were pissed becaus of his celebration in the net of our goal (i did not see it as bad move by the way) also came with German Nationalteam to Iran, and played that friendly agianst us, again much of the money were spended for earthquake...it was also the last match of sepp meier as german goalkeeper coach, and Lehmann started to get the chance to be german first national goalkeeper against Kahn...

I think IFF know and remember that Klinsmann hat twice helped iranian people and he is also not a coach which want soooooo much money, so probably Klinsmann will be ready to coach iran, also remembering how he was greated in Mehrabad when they landed with german nationalteam...he got so much attention by the fans....

The only problem is, that he prefers to live in USA, and his family also, and probably he will face sanctions if he decides to work for Iran, so this can be the worst problewm to sign him, but if IFF get him, it is also a clear "political win" that they could get former USA coach for Iran, i think this is a clear message...

All in all, we do not know if he will perform good with the team, and reach the team with his motivation speeches, because i do not see him as a tactical coach like CQ, more as a motivator, and probably a good planing coach....
                      World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
                      sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
                      If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
                      -

Comment

Queiroz today has officially filed a formal complaint with FIFA for the money he is owed by the IFF:

https://apnews.com/ae09b968adc6456bb8397d0a2e1e52f6

Comment

Originally posted by Galactika View Post
                          I expect pakistan to make an impact in the qualifiers.
                          I truly believe in them. Either them or Sri lanka😂
                          That's probably the reaction a lot of people have when they see Iran at the World cup, at least up until 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
                            That's probably the reaction a lot of people have when they see Iran at the World cup, at least up until 2018.
                            and..?

Comment

Originally posted by Galactika View Post
                              and..?
                              And you wouldn't appreciate it, so don't disrespect other groups of people by laughing at their efforts just because their football hasn't developed as much.

I didn't think i'd actually have to explain this to you.

Comment

Originally posted by armen View Post
                                Queiroz today has officially filed a formal complaint with FIFA for the money he is owed by the IFF:

https://apnews.com/ae09b968adc6456bb8397d0a2e1e52f6
                                Good luck finding a foreign coach now

Comment

Working...
                                X