This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
    I think Amiri is actually kind of underrated. If you expect him to score goals you are gonna be in for a disappointment.

But there's a reason CQ valued him so much. His hustle, stamina, and vision is off the charts. He's also a sublime dribbler. If I'm Skokic I'm 100% calling up Amiri
    hustle and stamina, yes. But vision, really?

Comment

Originally posted by Galactika View Post
      hustle and stamina, yes. But vision, really?
      Yes he has a great tactical awareness among other things and can read the game really well, but before we go there, could you describe to us what you understand under vision...?

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
        We can also add he is pretty inconsistent with TM. Able to have world class permormance here and there and be invisible in the next set of games.
        Actually he has been very consistent for TM. Like Iranianarsenal said if you expect Amiri to score goals or even give a lot of assists you're going to be disappointed. But he is a very useful pLayer both for TM and Perspolis. He is like an Iranian Camoranesi, i don't know if you're too young to know Camoranesi but he reminds me of him, now i'm not comparing the two just that Amiri has a similar style though on a lower level.

Amiri has an incredible stamina, works really hard, applies pressure on his opponents, great dribbler, can keep possession well (doesn't lose the ball often) and has a good speed and understanding of the game and knows what his job is in the field. Between 2016 and 2018 i used to regularly watch Perspolis at the Azadi stadium, and what you don't really see on the television is how Amiri just keeps going at it till the final whistle, with or without ball. Minute '92 in the Asian champions league, Amiri is still fresh dribbling players when most are gassed out, applying pressure and when the game is still tied or they where behind, giving everything he's got to turn the tie. Which is why he was a fixed player under Queiroz.

He has a great mentality and my guess is that he will keep getting better the next couple of seasons, he is unique as we don't have a player with a similar style. Hope Skocic invites him for the world cup qualifiers.

Comment

Imo, Amiri’s Very high Self-belief & Confidence on the pitch vs ANY opponent is truly exemplary & rare in our football ..!
          His overall game intellect & vision though is definitely rough on the edges & scrappy to say the least ..!
          His often immensely high energy play & work rate is directly related to his success on the pitch, so his Fitness & Form Should be the biggest factor in choice of inclusion in TM ..!
          He reminds me a bit of Ando but with not so quiet as refined & sophisticated overall game ..!
          Ps
          He is Also extremely Direct in his attacking Approach, it doesn’t matter if you mark him with the greatest defensive player in the world, he’ll take the game right to them like it ain’t no thang & hardly ever fazed by reputation of his opponents..,! Now that’s what I really love about him..! In those regards he Reminds me of myself..!
          Last edited by BacheLot; 09-29-2020, 09:58 PM.

Comment

I think amiri deserves a callup. As mentioned he has an extra set of lungs, and physically is super strong (remember Morocco captain amrabat ran into his shoulder at WC and literally went unconscious).

His ability as a BALL ADVANCER is one of a kind for current group of iranian players. See WC where it was his dribbling from deep areas and make simple but effective passes that suddenly sprung our counter attacks and gave our defense respite. He is really excellent in transitions.

His weakness is that if we have a lot of the ball, we may encounter a defense that is quite packed (say vs Bahrain or even Iraq) and then we need some creativity/guile to break that down. Amiris best moments are in transitions, not in unlocking a set defense with a killer pass or beating a bunch of guys on the dribble and taking a shot. actually around the box when he is in really promising areas to make a killer play, score it seems like amiri doesnt totally believe in just how good he is and often rushes it and just puts up a crappy effort (hence why for a winger/CAM/CM even for PP he has a low goal total, similar for TM). In these situations a guy like gholizadeh, ghoddos is far superior.

I think the likes of masoud for sure need to be gone. He cannot step foot on the pitch for TM again based on any performance related factor. Dejagah at this stage can offer more than him but also seems on his last legs. Imo, it will be ebrahimi, amiri, hajsafi that fill this leadership/elderly statesmen positions in TM next.

Comment

Amiri 1000% deserves a call up it’s not even worth debating, one of the most commical things I’ve read in a while - what he brings to the table with his combination of work rate, technique, and ability to play on the wing or in the middle is great. Play him with guys like Azmoun, saman, Taremi and co. And you win get 10x more out of him than what you see in Persepolis
              Team Meli Iran
              Perspolis FC
              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

[emoji1130] Here's my prediction for TM Squad set to be announced before Friday.

Expect a large list of players as NTs cannot bring emergency players if someone tests positive during the camp.

Also, Beiranvand is injured and unavailable for selection.
                golbezanpodcast.com
                twitter.com/GolBezan
                instagram.com/GolBezan
                youtube.com/GolBezan

Comment

what a selection , drooling
                  Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                  O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

We should be leaving out our stars and lolling our way to glory when COVID wipes out every other nation's stars.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorestani View Post
                      Why against Amiri? He is a great player and in great shape.
                      If the question is directed at me I don’t know, I didn’t make that tweet. I just used the tweet to have a source about 6 Persepolis players being invited to TM.

My initial question was thoughts/opinions about 6 Persepolis players being invited? Who should they be? Etc...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                          Great squad. Uzbekistan is a much improved team and a great test. Shumorodov, their striker, is not much worse of a player than Sardar Azmoun and plays for Genoa in the Serie A now

Comment

damn our team is so unbalanced. all our talent is up top lol.
                            sigpic

Comment

Great squad. Uzbekistan is a much improved team and a great test. Shumorodov, their striker, is not much worse of a player than Sardar Azmoun and plays for Genoa in the Serie A now
                              WTF? When did this happen bro? So you are telling me even Shumorodov made it out earlier than Azmoun out of RPL? Genoa are a weaker team than Zenit, but they play in a much stronger league than RPL. I wish Zenit would have bought him so Azmoun would have been able to leave since he is a very similar player to Azmoun.

Nonetheless, respectable move for our confederation and I am happy for him as a fellow Asian.

Originally posted by kapenak View Post
                              damn our team is so unbalanced. all our talent is up top lol.
                              We are literally a Ferrari in Attack and a Paykan in midfield/defence. (no offense to Paykan users)

Comment

Agree they are an improved team. Uronov is a special talent playing for spartak now. 18 yr old jalliludinov has not been called up yet but also a huge talent playing for lokomotiv. Shomorodov is a powerful hardworking striker but saying he is close to azmoun level is a bit insulting. He had a purple patch early last year but has only scored like 2 goals in his last 25 matches, technically not very strong. Still a good test for our guys.

In traditional uzbek fashion, while they may finally have some more quality up top (always a big issue in the past for them) the team retains the powerful presence through midfield + defense that is their hallmark. Inspirational Odil Akhmetov misses out (not sure if it is due to injury) he is playing for one of chinas top teams Shanghai. But now a new wave of similarly physical hardworking midfielders is available. Iskenderov + Alibaev + Ashurmatov in South Korea, Shukorov + Ganiev in UAE, and some strong young players in Pakhtakor as we have seen in ACL.

Two really good friendlies for TM.

Comment

Working...
                                X