Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It remains to be seen if adama will accept the callup. Spain also called him up. Same with doucore (also eligible for france, but given their midfield depth a regular callup would be hard for him, but not impossible given his form now for everton).

Regardless, big test for our defense in transition moments (1v1 situations vs any of their fast,physical front three will be dangerous and as we can see from turkey, japan, tunisia matches its still our achilles heel when we play more open). Moharrami would give us a much faster option for transition recoveries than ramin.

Additionally, huge test for our midfield. Saeid and Omid will have their work cut out for them handling any 3 of Samessekou (hoffenheim), Haidara (leipzig), Bissouma (brighton),

Dourcore (Everton) all of whom have immense physical qualities, and also very dangerous on the ball themselves.

Offensively I am more than confident in the ability of Taremi----Azmoun----ARJ trio to get real joy, specially with gholi/ghoddos in behind them.

Comment

Both Adama and Marega who plays with Mehdi at Porto are called up. This will be a very good challenge. Strong team on paper.
      "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Also JB’s buddy and BHA team mate Yves Bissouma is called up. Very strong team they are bringing this is going to be an awesome test

Saman’s team mate from Amiens (wague ) is also invited.
        Last edited by Ghermez Agha; 09-28-2020, 11:55 AM.
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Who do you guys think should be called for keeper? We have five highly qualified guys with four of them being on the pitch regularly. Lak (Perspolis), Hosseini (Esteghlal), Niazmand (Sepahan) have seen a lot of action at the ACL tournament in Doha and Abedzadeh has played well for Maritimo ... and of course our darvaazehbaneh beemaanand Alireza Beiranvand. My vote goes to Beiro, Lak and Hosseini with Abedzadeh being my fourth choice if they go with calling four.

Go TM!

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
            Iranian football is plainly mismanaged.

If we cleaned house of all the jokers and implemented a countrywide plan like Japan did in the 90s or the one CQ drew up for the US in the 90s, we would be at the level of talent development that Nigeria has and the overall strength of a Croatia in 10-15 years.
            It should read "IF we cleaned house on all the (Govt and leadership) Jokers...."

Comment

Thank you for that

Comment

https://twitter.com/arya_allahverdi/...04100317769731

Thoughts and/or opinions?

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                  Also JB’s buddy and BHA team mate Yves Bissouma is called up. Very strong team they are bringing this is going to be an awesome test

Saman’s team mate from Amiens (wague ) is also invited.
                  Imagine Ali not getting called up 👀

Dear God, I hope that’s not the case. He’ll get invited.

Speaking of getting invited, Mr. Skocic should be releasing the roster soon no? Or is it sobh 🌞 again and I missed my alarm? ⏰

Comment

Choice of Dragan poses a risk, however having watched his teams perform, I have fate in him.
                    The biggest question is will he be able to psychologically manage players at this level for do or die International games.
                    Those he has managed so far have never been at the TM level.
                    For him, the midfield Marshalls the game, tiki-taka passing, maintaining possession, wearing down the opposition, keeping the shape throughout the game, driving through the midfield with the odd wing play and crosses, low drives in the box, lone sole striker, the two full backs joining the attack, strictly no long balls with the goaly starting the game from the back with short throws to defence are Dragan’s trademark.
                    sigpic
                    Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                      Why against Amiri? He is a great player and in great shape.

Comment

^^ too old, that spot should be for a player who can be with us at WC2022 (if we qualify).
                        Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                        O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
                          ^^ too old, that spot should be for a player who can be with us at WC2022 (if we qualify).
                          Age doesn't matter. If a older player is better than the younger player then the older player must play, it's that simple.

Vahid Amiri is still one of our best in his position(s) and his place is in TM so long that is the case. Also, Amiri will be 34 at the world cup of 2022 if we qualify. There have been plenty of great to good players at past world cups (like Mohamadkhani in '98 and Nekounam in 2014). Seeing that Amiri is aging like fine wine, it appears that he will be one of them

Comment

Agreed, age shouldn't be an automatic barrier. He may not be a starter but his experience will be of value and as long as he won't be keeping out a promising prospect (he won't be), bring on the man who ended Pique's career.

Comment

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
                              We can also add he is pretty inconsistent with TM. Able to have world class permormance here and there and be invisible in the next set of games.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                                We can also add he is pretty inconsistent with TM. Able to have world class permormance here and there and be invisible in the next set of games.
                                I think Amiri is actually kind of underrated. If you expect him to score goals you are gonna be in for a disappointment.

But there's a reason CQ valued him so much. His hustle, stamina, and vision is off the charts. He's also a sublime dribbler. If I'm Skokic I'm 100% calling up Amiri

Comment

Working...
                                X