Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=marand92;2679103Also, its a bit shameful to say "almost beat Spain and Argentina"..no fan on earth boasts about "almost" beating somebody..again I'm not attacking CQ's legacy but people on this forum thinks the dude sh1ts gold or something..he was a good coach but the facts speak for themselves:

2 WC group stage exits
    2 Asian Cup - QF and SF (the first one was bad luck, second he messed up tactically - probably thinking about his hotel lobby meeting with the Colombian FA, whilst under contract with us, illegal btw)

[/QUOTE]

Actually many fans of teams boast about their accolades against top opposition.

I'm pretty sure the lure of the FA cup is that a team with no business winning it can upset giants.

Iran in 2014 had no business doing well in the World cup. In fact, without CQ we wouldnt have made it. With all respect to past TM players, we started that campaign with players like Pejman Nouri in our midfield. It was a lowpoint for Iranian talent continued from the striker abyss we had due to Branko never benching Daei.

Even then we tied the African champions and very unluckily lost to eventual World cup finalists. Please note that if we are talking stats, that was Iran's first clean sheet EVER in a world cup.

In 2018, we got our 2nd ever win in a World cup and we got a point against the European champions. Please dont forget we were one Taremi miss from topping the group despite Nike refusing to give us equipment, sanctions preventing us to secure top friendlies etc against three teams with infinite resources compared to us.

There is a big difference between that 2018 group stage exit and any other time in our history.

If we had resources like Japan then yes I'd expect us to challenge to get to the R16 ocassionally.

The same people who dogged CQ for insulting Iranians were the ones who cause the most harm in Iran's football. Khiabani, Azizi etc all just want Iran to stay the corrupt place it is where names,loyalties, and contacts with akhoonds gets you forward instead of merit.

CQ called out this corruption/incompetence and IFF suddenly has to deal with more scrutiny these last few years.

Where do you have the right to say Iranians abroad don't have self respect? I went to Russia, and frankly we were a lot louder and more vocal than the Iranians from Iran. They were mostly focused on having a good time(understandably) where we were going mad trying to keep TM's spirit up against Morocco and mingling with other countries outside the game to improve the perceptions of Iranians by others.

Comment

Dragan Skocic attended Foolad Khuzestan’s practice today. He apparently had a chat with Nekounam in Spanish. Already he’s setting himself apart from not just Wilmots but most previous TM coaches....he’s wasted no time at all since getting appointed Damesh garm.

https://twitter.com/GolBezan/status/...760611840?s=20
      Last edited by Ghermez Agha; 02-12-2020, 03:40 PM.
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Sad part is most IPL coaches bashing this guy, so already stablishing a good collaboration between him and the IPL coaches will be hard

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
          Sad part is most IPL coaches bashing this guy, so already stablishing a good collaboration between him and the IPL coaches will be hard

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk
          The same coaches wouldn't coach TM for Skocic's salary.

Comment

^ Please move this to the General Discussion Forum. This is the TM news thread of the Persian Football Discussion Community Forum. Thanks in advance.

Comment

^
              Thank you!

Offtopic posts deleted, this time without warning!
              Next time we issue warnings, cause we have said it enough not to mix football discussions with other unrelated stuff!
              CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                The same coaches wouldn't coach TM for Skocic's salary.
                LOL then i guess they wouldn't deserve the position, considering the fact that none of them have done anything stellar in their coaching careers, and therefore, have yet to prove that they'd be any better for TM than Skocic.

I'm glad this guy has taken charge, doesn't have a big ego (seems like), and that money is not his motivation.

Comment

Originally posted by marand92
                  Ok, I apologise for my non football related posts..but it would be great if you could apply these principles evenly and fairly across this forum. A couple of weeks ago we had a 8 page thread about why our players were not supporting the protestors following the Ukraine plane crash and I have seen hundreds of posts condemning Mehdi Torabi for supporting Imam Khameini.

If you are genuinely committed to being politically neutral then I suggest you exercise the same level of vigilence and tolerance for all political beliefs.

Thank you

Ya Ali Madad
                  Not to drudge it up again, but the discussion was regarding the actions of Team Melli Players, which is related to football. The mods are more than capable of finding the line of tolerance for political beliefs. Please send a PM to them if you disagree.

Iran's next game is in ~40 days folks.

Comment

Originally posted by marand92
                    Ok, I apologise for my non football related posts..but it would be great if you could apply these principles evenly and fairly across this forum. A couple of weeks ago we had a 8 page thread about why our players were not supporting the protestors following the Ukraine plane crash and I have seen hundreds of posts condemning Mehdi Torabi for supporting Imam Khameini.

If you are genuinely committed to being politically neutral then I suggest you exercise the same level of vigilence and tolerance for all political beliefs.

Thank you

Ya Ali Madad
                    offtopic again, ignoring previous friendly request!
                    Banned for 3 weeks!

Next time use PM!
                    CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Is there a tentative date for TM Camp?

Comment

Will women be allowed to attend our next qualifier?
                        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

I’ve been through Dragan’s answers to the media. Sound and Sensible are two words that come to mind.

I’ve said it before, he may not be lots of people’s cup of tea but given the circumstances he is a decent selection. Whatever belief in his competencies, the TM players, nation and media should get behind him.
                          There will always be Zolfaghars, speaking and throwing in their noise to stir things up.
                          sigpic
                          Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Can anyone provide a brief summary of what Skocic has told during his press conference?

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                              Can anyone provide a brief summary of what Skocic has told during his press conference?
                              I didn’t watch the whole thing but from what I saw the highlights were:

- he acknowledged he isn’t as high of a caliber coach compared to CQ and past coaches of TM but believes he has a high level of football education in Europe, played/coached important Europa league, ACL, and cup games and has a record of success.

- he says TM fans can be certain he is an honest man and clarified his reason for leaving Abadan was due to his allergies/weather there and he wouldn’t coach any team in Iran other than Sanat Naft and had chances to go to top 5-6 teams and didn’t.

- says he will call up the best players available

- says he prefers to play attacking football but also believes in adjusting tactical goals each game

This is the best video I could find:
                              https://video.varzesh3.com/video/209...-بخش-اول

I know the conference was 90 mins so if anyone has the other parts or a better vid plz share
                              Last edited by Ghermez Agha; 02-15-2020, 01:59 PM.
                              Team Meli Iran
                              Perspolis FC
                              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

The man has a decent track record with very run of the mill, average clubs.
                                he seems to be a decent man too.

at this point, my expectations are not too high. But given our inherent quality of players & football, it isnt rock bottom either.

we SHOULD be able to dispatch both iraq & bahrain at home.
                                I'm not saying we tear them apart (that would be too delicious, but highly improbable). But we do have enough to win both of these 2 fezerti teams AT HOME.

My only concern is if govt and IFF will try to interfere and dictate on who gets the call or who gets to play.
                                especially with reference to the fantastic Vouria Ghafouri, who deserves to start ahead of all.
                                will Skocic be able to resist political pressure and put his own stamp on the team?

Comment

Working...
                                X