• Show
Clear All

Here’s a list of free agent coaches:

https://www.transfermarkt.us/trainer...iner/statistik

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
      Here’s a list of free agent coaches:

https://www.transfermarkt.us/trainer...iner/statistik
      This list is not helpful at the moment because Iran needs a coach who knows Iran football well at the moment.

Comment

We didn't want Wilmots

Azmoon

We told IFF Vice President to replace Wilmots in a meeting that Wilmots was present.

آزمون: نمی خواستیم ویلموتس سرمربی تیم ملی بماند

سردار آزمون، مهاجم تیم ملی فوتبال کشورمان می گوید که اختلافاتی در تیم ملی وجود داشته و بازیکنان به همین دلیل نمی خواستند مارک ویلموتس در تیم ملی بماند.

آیا تا به حال با بازیکنان دیگر گنگ شده اید تا یک مربی را هوا کنید؟

بله. این کار درباره مارک ویلموتس بوده است. البته نایب رئیس فدراسیون از ما پرسید و ما هم صحبت کردیم و نظرات مان را گفتیم. برای من شکست خوردن به خصوص مقابل حریف دیرینه خیلی سخت و درد آور است. نمی توانیم تحمل کنیم وقتی همه ناراحت هستند، عده ای کرکر خنده کنند. فقط با بازیکنان جمع شدیم و به نایب رئیس فدراسیون فوتبال گفتیم که این مربی را عوض کنند. این کار هم در جلسه ای بود که خود ویلموتس هم حضور داشت.

Have you ever teamed up with other players to get rid of the coach? Yes. It's about Mark Wilmots.

We were asked by the vice president of the federation , of course, and we talked and shared our views.
        It is very difficult and painful for me a defeat, especially against an old opponent ( Bahrain/Iraq). We cannot tolerate some crackers when everyone is upset.

We just got together with the players and told the Vice President of the Football Federation to replace him. It was also at a meeting with Wilmots himself.
        Last edited by St_Mark; 01-01-2020, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Wow, players demanding stuff. Means King Q discipline has worked out already....

Branko onboard & hashieh episode 142 is going to start in 1....2.....3......
          Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
          O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Seems like the underlying reasons we lost to Bahrain and Iraq are becoming more clear. No wonder why our players looked so unmotivated if they didn't want to work under Wilmots. Under Ivankovic it will be the same saga all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
              Seems like the underlying reasons we lost to Bahrain and Iraq are becoming more clear. No wonder why our players looked so unmotivated if they didn't want to work under Wilmots. Under Ivankovic it will be the same saga all over again.
              I don't think you can compare Wilmots and Branko, Wilmots is totally clueless about Iranian football and never took the time to get to know Iranian football, the man is a complete joke of a coach. While Branko has years and years of experience working in Iran, was succesful with Perspolis and had relative succes with our national team.

Not saying Branko is Guardiola or anything but to compare the two is like comparing apples and oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                I am sorry that I have to agree 100% with you Kiarash jaan since this guy seems to be top of the list. Branko doesn't have the character to lead our TM. If his failure to bring discipline and unity to perhaps the most talented TM of our history in 2006 WC was not enough, he topped it with not coming back to Iran with the team after WC and then he added more ornaments to the mud cake of his personality by going to Saudi Arabia after leaving PP up in the air this past year. This last one shows that he hasn't really changed. Again, my vote goes to Yahya as the other top contender.

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                  I am sorry that I have to agree with you Kiarash jaan since this guy seems to be top of the list. Branko doesn't have the character to lead our TM. If his failure to bring discipline and unity to perhaps the most talent TM of our history in 2006 WC was not enough he topped if for not coming back to Iran with the team and then he added more ornaments to the mud cake of his personality by going to Saudi Arabia after leaving PP up in the air. Again, my vote goes to Yahya as the other top contender.
                  Why Yahya? Does not Ghalenoei have the strongest resume among all local coaches? Anyway my first choice is Branko as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
                    I don't think you can compare Wilmots and Branko, Wilmots is totally clueless about Iranian football and never took the time to get to know Iranian football, the man is a complete joke of a coach. While Branko has years and years of experience working in Iran, was succesful with Perspolis and had relative succes with our national team.

Not saying Branko is Guardiola or anything but to compare the two is like comparing apples and oranges.
                    Branko is definitely better than Wilmots when it comes to Iranian football.

The outlying issue is that through all the squabbles Branko had with CQ, I doubt the players who vouched for CQ the most(Azmoun, Jahanbakhsh, Mohammadi, Ansarifard, PAG, Hosseini, Beiro etc) will have forgotten exactly how Branko tried to undermine Team Melli.

Riding on that point, Branko is hardly a master diplomat. Not only is he incapable of controlling a dressing room. He also flees from responsibility as he did after the 2006 WC by never flying back to Iran.

Comment

I would prefer Golmohamadi, then Daei and then Hashemian or Ghalenoie. Branko is the best coach among these but he will bring too much hashiyeh into an already stirred up environment...

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                        Branko is definitely better than Wilmots when it comes to Iranian football.

The outlying issue is that through all the squabbles Branko had with CQ, I doubt the players who vouched for CQ the most(Azmoun, Jahanbakhsh, Mohammadi, Ansarifard, PAG, Hosseini, Beiro etc) will have forgotten exactly how Branko tried to undermine Team Melli.

Riding on that point, Branko is hardly a master diplomat. Not only is he incapable of controlling a dressing room. He also flees from responsibility as he did after the 2006 WC by never flying back to Iran.
                        During the time that Branco was the coach of TM (even though he really wasn't nearly as good as Queiroz who is hands down the best coach we have ever had) he had to deal with an exceptionally difficult situation. Namely, the feud between Ali Daei and Ali Karimi, who both at that time had the status of a God and had split the team into two camps: the Ali Daei camp which Golmohamadi, Bakhtiarizadeh and co belonged to, and the Ali Karimi camp consisting of the likes of Mahdavikia, Madanchi and co. Stuck in between was poor Fereydoon Zandi who probably had no idea what was going on and must have been amazed at the lack of professionalism in Team Melli at that time.

Let's face it, we Iranians can be extremely difficult people to deal with sometimes and Branko was not strong enough to deal with the situation. I am sure that Queiroz would've handled the situation in 2006 much better by expelling both Ali Daei and Ali Karimi along with their huge ego's (which would've caused an outrage in Iran). But we can't compare the situation of TM now with that of 2006. For one thing Queiroz has made the current team much more professional and unified. We have a good team chemistry and the only trouble maker might be Rezaeian. Branko has proven with Perspolis that he knows how to work with an Iranian team and in the extremely difficult working environment in Iran he took Perspolis to the ACL final and made them champions after a long time. Golmohamadi and Ghalenoei are really amateur level and will do a terrible job, Iranian coaches are way behind on modern football. Under these difficult circumstances I believe Branko is the right man for the job.

Comment

Mahdavikia wasn’t in the Daei or Karimi camp. He was pissed at both sides for not putting that shit aside for the tournament. Him, Hashemian, Zandi, Nekounam... all tried to stay neutral.

Comment

During the time that Branco was the coach of TM (even though he really wasn't nearly as good as Queiroz who is hands down the best coach we have ever had) he had to deal with an exceptionally difficult situation. Namely, the feud between Ali Daei and Ali Karimi, who both at that time had the status of a God and had split the team into two camps: the Ali Daei camp which Golmohamadi, Bakhtiarizadeh and co belonged to, and the Ali Karimi camp consisting of the likes of Mahdavikia, Madanchi and co. Stuck in between was poor Fereydoon Zandi who probably had no idea what was going on and must have been amazed at the lack of professionalism in Team Melli at that time.

Let's face it, we Iranians can be extremely difficult people to deal with sometimes and Branko was not strong enough to deal with the situation. I am sure that Queiroz would've handled the situation in 2006 much better by expelling both Ali Daei and Ali Karimi along with their huge ego's (which would've caused an outrage in Iran). But we can't compare the situation of TM now with that of 2006. For one thing Queiroz has made the current team much more professional and unified. We have a good team chemistry and the only trouble maker might be Rezaeian. Branko has proven with Perspolis that he knows how to work with an Iranian team and in the extremely difficult working environment in Iran he took Perspolis to the ACL final and made them champions after a long time. Golmohamadi and Ghalenoei are really amateur level and will do a terrible job, Iranian coaches are way behind on modern football. Under these difficult circumstances I believe Branko is the right man for the job.
                            I'm not disagreeing with your assessment of Branko's strengths vs Golmohammadi and Ghalenoei.

I doubt Branko's ACL tactics are what we need though. Persepolis rode through their knockout stages w/ lone striker countering. We need more effective or offensive tactics in these 4 games.

Comment

Branko is my first choice as well but we have to wait and see whether IFF and Branko can reach the agreement due to financial problems, currncy status, and money transfer difficulty or not. With these problems, It is not easy to get Branko although Branko tries to work with IFF as much as he can due the fact that he always said Iran is his second country. We also do not know whether IFF contacted Branko or not yet. We do not know whether they consider Branko or not. All we heard were rumors so far. Anyway IMO Branko is the most logical choice at the moment as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                                Mahdavikia wasn’t in the Daei or Karimi camp. He was pissed at both sides for not putting that shit aside for the tournament. Him, Hashemian, Zandi, Nekounam... all tried to stay neutral.
                                Well if i'm not mistaken i remember Daei mentioning how some of his star teammates (strongly hinting at Karimi and Mahdavikia) would look him in the eyes on the field but not pass him the ball out of resentment.

Also, Mahdavikia was always a big supporter of Ali Karimi and certainly influenced by him. Another fact is that Mahdavikia and Karimi neing the other two stars of the team strongly felt that 37 year old chubby and slow Ali Daei was a big liability who should've retired a few years ago.

I do agree on Hashemian and Nekounam being neutral. But both players didn't enjoy the same high status as Karimi and Mahdavikia at the time so naturally they were less vocal next to the fact that they are both responsible guys who wanted to keep the harmony. That being said, it isn't a stretch to assume that Hashemian was annoyed by the fact that in the prime of his career he had to play out of position for old and slow Daei, and that it wasn't beneficiary for the strength of the team.

Comment

Working...
                                X