Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At this point branko would be a dream come true unfortunately.....
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Wilmots is the worst coach i have ever seen to lead TM, even worse than Ghalenoei. He must be fired immediately! Maybe Branko can take over until we qualify for the final round and have time to find a higher quality coach?

Comment

Even though I hate Branko with all my heart because of what he did to TM & CQ, I would like him to be the coach just to avoid the Iraqi celebration in front of 90.000 fans in Azadi.

Comment

I would rather have a domestic coach at this stage, but even Branko is better than charlatan wilmots.
          Last edited by Nokhodi; 11-24-2019, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Branko is the only available logical choice.

Comment

Pro: Given our position in the group, Branko might be one of the best options to get us to the next round. He knows Iran, knows Asia, and has a better resume and more international experience than any domestic coach.

Pro: His prior reign with TM was relatively successful. Other than the hiccup in the preliminary rounds, he guided us to a somewhat stress free qualification in ‘06. Asian Cup ‘04 was a relatively successful tournament as well.

Pro: Wilmots is out.

Pro: All of the treasonous PP fans can start rooting for their national team again. Hoora!

Con: This is a step backward. IFF had an opportunity to bring on a manager who could build on what CQ had developed and prepare us for our most successful campaign in ‘22 (e.g., Renard, Marwijk). Instead, they botched it because of dalal bazi, gave us an incompetent manager in Wilmots and now we have no choice but to go backward again just to make it to the final round of qualifying.

Con: This entire thing stinks. Branko actively sabotaged TM while CQ was manager. The thought that he would be rewarded for this is disgusting.

Con: How will Branko repair his relationship with TM players? CQ was obviously very popular and this guy was in an all out public feud with him less than a year ago. Will TM players buy into his system and fight for him? Or do they still view him as the guy who fought with CQ?

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                I would rather have a domestic coach at this stage
                I say it again as I've said before.....when was the last time we qualified to the WC with a domestic coach? How many times? and how many times have we qualified to the WC with a foreign coach?

Please do the math before posting your emotional preferences.

Comment

Back to the time of having Kameli Badavi Alavi kind of players in TM.
                  Don't be surprised to see Rabihkhah there lol

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

branko is nothing more than a croatian whore. He goes wherever is willing to pay him his next salary.

I suggested the likes of Mazzu as a foreign option, however I understand that in a short space of time it will be hard to get suitable shortlist together and convince them to come to Iran given the current state of affairs (what manager would agree to work without internet, let alone bring his family and kids to iran).

Therefore, an Iranian coach is key who can be payefd in rial and eliminates a lot of headache. However, there are only a few options imo. Yahya and Daei. Yahya may not even want the job knowing his personality. Really just leaves Daei. I think and Daei Hashemian duo with Hashemian analyzing legionairres and Daei analyzing domestic guys would be very solid for short term. IF they qualify for next round we can reassess and see if they deserve to be given the job on full time basis moving forward, if not we can draw up realistic shortlist of foreign coaches and go from there.

BRanko is a nothing appointment, he is only good for the fact he knows iranians and arabs and wont complain about late payment, other administrative issues. I think most of the current team hates his guts as well from CQ feud.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                      Branko is the only available logical choice.
                      Available...yes

Logical...never (I had my heart broken in WC 2006 because of this A-hole who wasted a golden generation).

Comment

Literally the only positive for Branko becoming manager would be that Wimots would be out

Then again, even if Ehsan Singapore was appointed Manager that would also mean Wilmots would be out...

These are dark times as a Team Melli fan..

Comment

I would be very happy with Ehsan_Singapore as head coach, ShahabGaol as deputy coach and DJ Pedram as stats analyst or media liaison I'm pretty sure that they would do a good job.

If Branko took over then I do hope he would consider this kind of assistance from pfdc members. It might be more effective than our last respected forum member who joined TM - Human Afazeli.

Comment

Wow! I didn't expect IFF to have any intention of removing Wilmots. This shows his performance is so below expectations that even Taj and his team do not think that saving face justifies keeping him. They want to cut their losses and run! Wilmots has not even bothered to stay in Iran and provide a preparation plan for the upcoming matches. The guy is a professional khaalee-band and he should start looking for another line of work. I am sorry that TM conditions are so dismal that having Branko as a candidate feels like a relief

Here is a Varzesh3 article with the news that IFF is neither confirming nor denying any of the news i.e. an implicit confirmation of the rumors that they are in the process of firing Wilmots. The article also claims that Iran's ambassador to Croatia has made the offer to Branco and he has responded that he won't accept it until they pay him what PP owes him first. https://www.varzesh3.com/news/165133...C-%D8%B4%D8%AF

So what do you guys think the consequence of this fiasco should be for Taj?

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                              Wow! I didn't expect IFF to have any intention of removing Wilmots. This shows his performance is so below expectations that even Taj and his team do not think that saving face justifies keeping him. They want to cut their losses and run! Wilmots has not even bothered to stay in Iran and provide a preparation plan for the upcoming matches. The guy is a professional khaalee-band and he should start looking for another line of work. I am sorry that TM conditions are so dismal that having Branko as a candidate feels like a relief
                              Here is a Varzesh3 article with the news that IFF is neither confirming nor denying any of the news i.e. an implicit confirmation of the rumors that they are in the process of firing Wilmots. The article also claims that Iran's ambassador to Croatia has made the offer to Branco and he has responded that he won't accept it until they pay him what PP owes him first. https://www.varzesh3.com/news/165133...C-%D8%B4%D8%AF
                              So what do you guys think the consequence of this fiasco should be for Taj?
                              Wilmot was a lost cause & had to be let go ..! That asshole head of the sport ministry must also resign & ideally a more qualified & candidate with more backbone should be brought to replace Taj as well ..!
                              Brangoh is divisive snake with low tactical ceiling & @best a decent stop-gap measure to get us to next wcq level...!
                              His contract must be short term & heavily incentivized per performance & result oriented ..!
                              Only if he can run the table & finish us as first team in the group should he be afforded further extension till end of wcqs...!
                              Needless to say he must remain committed to long term stay in Iran & swift payback of his old pp wages must be used as further leverage for attaining his only short term services according to our demands ..!
                              There should be plenty other decent enough domestic & foreign Equally suitable replacement coaching option if he plays to hard to get too..!

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                                I would be very happy with Ehsan_Singapore as head coach, ShahabGaol as deputy coach and DJ Pedram as stats analyst or media liaison I'm pretty sure that they would do a good job.

If Branko took over then I do hope he would consider this kind of assistance from pfdc members. It might be more effective than our last respected forum member who joined TM - Human Afazeli.
                                i would gladly take over tm, first thing i would do, fire shojayi, karim, and bunch of this players who dont know what they are doing, have good analysis, and work on apponenets, and actually do my job and not come for 2 training like a picnic then go back.

Comment

Working...
                                X