• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
    Guys , please chill.

I am as upset as the rest of you about our last 2 losses
    and yes Wilmots made some mistakes but

You don't fire a coach after he has been with the TM only 6 games which 2 of them were losses.
    He needs more time with TM.

We need to give him more time , at least till the end of the next 4 matches.
    yes by that time it will be 3 losses lol
    WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Guys , please chill.
      You don't fire a coach after he has been with the TM only 6 games which 2 of them were losses.
      Normally I’d agree to that; but Wilmots has shown no interest to do anything with the team, he comes days before a big game, he hasn’t been scouting, don’t see any passion; and it seems he has no tactical philosophy to implement ...he’s there for the paycheck that’s all

Comment

Guys , please chill.

The problem is he is severely underqualified. If he was a proper coach with a strong resume then I would agree with you. Unfortunately he does not have a good resume and has shown he is woefully oblivious tactically in our last two games. We went from almost topping our group in the World Cup to playing some of our worst football in a decade. So the only option is to fire Wilmots, and bring I'm someone who is qualified. Otherwise there is a real chance of us not even getting past the first round of qualifiers let alone qualifying for the world cup.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I want Wilmots gone for the SOLE REASON OF PLAYING AMIRI when you're down.... WHAT IS HE ON? Maybe he was hallucinating?

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
            I want Wilmots gone for the SOLE REASON OF PLAYING AMIRI when you're down.... WHAT IS HE ON? Maybe he was hallucinating?
            He was certainly hallucinating when he invites Masoud.

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
              Also not playing Gholizadeh.

Maybe we should have requested a full biochemical blood test from him before hiring him lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
                too much Kabob I assume
                TEAM MELLI UNTIL THE END

Comment

I agree with you all,Wilmots playing Shojaie from the start just boiled my blood and
                  not subbing him after he got the first yellow was just incompetence to me.
                  He made a big mistake there for sure , but I am just trying to give this guy the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

I agree with you all,Wilmots playing Shojaie from the start just boiled my blood and
                    not subbing him after he got the first yellow was just incompetence to me.
                    He made a big mistake there for sure , but I am just trying to give this guy the benefit of the doubt.
                    How much more benefit should we give him before doubting him , we're practically out of the WC, in the EASIEST GROUP.

Comment

Guys

Despite the recent 2 losses and even with Wilmots , I believe Iran will win all its 4 remaining matches and finish either first
                      or second in the group which will be enough to go thru to the 4th round WCQ stage.

Comment

Guys
                        Despite the recent 2 losses and even with Wilmots , I believe Iran will win all its 4 remaining matches and finish either first
                        or second in the group which will be enough to go thru to the 4th rou
                        nd WCQ stage.
                        Did you mean 3rd?. We are in 2nd round now.
                        Finishing second in the group is not sufficient birth to Third round.
                        • First round: 12 teams (ranked 35–46) played home-and-away over two legs. The six winners advanced to the second round.
                        • Second round: 40 teams (ranked 1–34 and six first-round winners) were divided into eight groups of five teams to play home-and-away round-robin matches.
                        • The eight group winners and the four best group runners-up advance to the third round of FIFA World Cup qualification as well as qualify for the 2023 AFC Asian Cup finals.\
                        • Should Qatar finish as group winners or one of the best four runners-up, the fifth-best runners-up will take their place in the third round .
                        • Third round: 12 teams which will have advanced from the second round will be divided into two groups of six teams to play home-and-away round-robin matches. The top two teams of each group will qualify for the World Cup, and the third-placed teams will advance to the fourth round.
                        • Fourth round: The two third-placed teams from the third round will play home and away over two legs. The winner will advance to the inter-confederation play-offs.

A note
                        It's not just WC qualification but Asian Cup 2023at risk
                        Last edited by St_Mark; 11-15-2019, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Qatar will most likely finish top 2 in their group, so the chance of 5 second teams qualifying for the 3rd round is quite high. Our goal difference will be a huge factor in case of equal poits among 2nd best teams.
                          If Iraq beat Bahrain they qualify by even losing against us(assuming beating Hong Kong and Cambodia), they will still top the table, so their match in Azadi won't be really important for them.

Comment

5 clear observable reasons why we lost:

1) Omid Ebrahimi giving away ball after ball.

2) Masoud Shojaei making unnecessary fouls leading to a red card.

3) Naderi should have started over Milad as left back. It was pretty obvious Milad was not in the right head space. Milad is great but he was absent in this match.. Naderi coming in made an obvious positive impact on the left side.

4) Marking your man one on one. WHY THERE WAS NO PLAN FOR WHEN WE ARE 10 MEN ONLY GOD AND MR. WILMOTS KNOWS...

A HEAD COACH NEEDS RO PREPARE THEIR TEAM FOR EVERY TYPE OF SITUATION POSSIBLE. THAT MEANS PKS, THAT MEANS KNOW WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU ARE DOWN TO 10 MEN... NOT RUN AROUND LIKE HEADLESS CHICKENS..

5) Where was the extra boost in energy need to pull off a draw..? A draw at least.

Our team went from watching Saving Private Ryan before a crucial match.. let that sink in for a second.

CARLOS QUEIROZ. MADE TEAM MELLI. WATCH SEGMENTS FROM THE FILM, SAVING PRIVATE FREAKIN RYAN, TO PUMP THEM UP FOR A MATCH..

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                              Qatar will most likely finish top 2 in their group, so the chance of 5 second teams qualifying for the 3rd round is quite high. Our goal difference will be a huge factor in case of equal poits among 2nd best teams.
                              If Iraq beat Bahrain they even by losing against us and assuming beating Hong Kong and Cambodia, they will still top the table, so their match in Azadi won't be really important for them.

Current status Group E

1 Qatar 4 10 3 1
                              2 Oman 4 9 3 0
                              3 Afghanistan 4 4 1 1
                              4 India 4 3 0 3
                              5 Bangladesh 4 1 0 1

Last game June 2020
                              Oman Vs Qatar in Muscat.

Both team will get 9 points from Afgan, Bangal , & India
                              Table after 7 rounds
                              1 Qatar 7 19
                              2 Oman 7 18

Win or tie at home for Oman put them in next round. Qatar with 19 points will advance too. All Qatar need is to win over Afghan, India and Bangladesh.
                              IF Oman lose at home they will end up with 18 points , that is Exact points if Iran will all remaining games but Iran will have better Goal advantage.
                              Last edited by St_Mark; 11-15-2019, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Marc Wilmots,

Please get in touch with Carlos Queiroz. No offense sir, but you lack the tenacity, the charisma, the energy that your predecessor enforced onto his team.

Carlos Queiroz trolled Qatar, Bahrain, UAE, Iraq.. How is it that he was able to pull it off with the same God Damn players and you sir couldn’t do it?

Sure, there are sanctions. Sure, you received your payment late, it wasn’t right but their hands were tied.

But you sir signed a deal to coach one of the BEST teams in Asia. Not some rinky dink nobody team with little to no history.

Marc Wilmots, you are the HEAD COACH of a team who has qualified to the World Cup 5 times, has been ranked #1 in Asia for 90% of the last 8-9 years. Has given many talented players to the world, and you cannot get your group together to get ONE POINT when your team is down to ten men..

Holy f*** I am speechless.. So pissed off.. I can’t understand how there was NO PLAN for when we are down to 10 men. What was this???

Comment

Working...
                                X