Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did we end up securing a friendly for September 5th?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JUKabP3zTI

Comment

Originally posted by sirvan View Post
      I don't understand why our posts got deleted? We were discussing the influence of the Iranian government on our football. So it was a relevant topic to discuss. Anyway, i wanted to add that your claim of Tarbiat Badani removing Queiroz is incorrect. First of all Queiroz was our coach for over 8 years, that's a very long period. And if the government had any say regarding football matters they would've removed him after the dissapointing Asian Cup of 2015. However it is IFF who decides all football related matters, and they decided to continue their cooperation with Queiroz untill after the world cup of 2018 because they assessed that he was doing a good job. After the world cup of 2018 IFF and Queiroz set a goal in their contract. Which was the reaching of the final of the Asian Cup of 2019, the goal was not reached so both parties agreed to end their cooperation. No Tarbiat Badani involved as you claim. After working for more than 8 years as Iran's coach and a very highy salary, we expected a place in the final. IFF showed the Iranian respect by not firing him, but giving Queiroz the honor to resign himself. So let's not spread any misinformation and anti-Iranian propaganda by creating fabricated stories that it was the "regime" who fired him.

Secondly, my point is that if it wasn't for the criminal sanctions of the terrorist government in the US, IFF would've had no trouble in paying Wilmots his salary and arranging friendly matches. So the blame goes 100% to the terrorists in the US for not wanting Iran to succeed in anything, and not as that funny poster euphory claimed, that it was the "regime" who didn't want Iran to succeed in anything, a clear look at things will show us that it is in fact the US that is so anti-Iran and makes everything related to Iran and Iranians political.
      LOLLL if the Asian Cup 2015 was a "disappointment", then they would have fired him, just like you claim.

How can you call being knocked out in the Quarters on penalties, after receiving a stupid undisciplined red card from one player, a disappointing performance? Had nothing to do with CQ and we were actually playing great during that tournament.

You can even say the exact same thing about 2019 - We were favourites to win, not because of our ranking as #1 in Asia, but because of our performance DURING THE ASIAN CUP, as expressed by several commentators and analysts.

Once again, we lost because of a stupid undisciplined error by one of our defenders - completely out of CQ's control, and we played even better this time than in 2015!

You just hate on CQ and it's obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by DJPedram View Post
        Did we end up securing a friendly for September 5th?
        Very unlikely. No money and/or too much political pressure to not play Iran.

Comment

We should just play our B team or a club team (PP or someone). Better than nothing.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

^ I agree. IFF better schedule it ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
              Wilmots will stay. Taj will find a way to pay him. The fascist in the Whitehouse doesn’t even want our people to enjoy football. I am more worried about lack of friendlies hence lackluster preparation for our TM.
              Don't discount our own dinosaur Ayatollah in Tehran who is against any enjoyment for the nation.

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
                Don't discount our own dinosaur Ayatollah in Tehran who is against any enjoyment for the nation.

Comment

According to this, IFF reached a final agreement with Renard during Norouz of 98, they sent Torabian for this matter to negociate, what happened after and why the deal wasn't finalized is a mystery!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                    The problem is that sports and politics is mixed, whether we like it or not : when Russian & Ukrainian teams can't be drawn together (maybe it is also the case for Azerbaijan/Armenia, Spain/Gibraltar, etc..), KSA asking to play Iranian teams in neutral venues, nike loudly asking TM players not to wear their shoes, Fifa blocking Iran's money because of sanctions, etc.. Also Greece cancelling a friendly with Iran several days after playing KSA was weird
                    I made that statement because sirvan believes there is no external IR influences on TM when there are plenty.

Domestic politics should also not affect TM

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                      According to this, IFF reached a final agreement with Renard during Norouz of 98, they sent Torabian for this matter to negociate, what happened after and why the deal wasn't finalized is a mystery!!!

Mahe Asal tamaam mishavad .... Veeelmoose dar rahe Keeerosh...!! ha ha ha .... you can say that again..!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                        Very unlikely. No money and/or too much political pressure to not play Iran.
                        So we going to play against Hong Kong without any prep games, that is just unacceptable.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JUKabP3zTI

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                          KSA increased their offer to Renard in which IFF couldn't afford. Simple.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                            KSA increased their offer to Wilmots in which IFF couldn't afford. Simple.
                            Back to the time there was no negotiation between the two sides.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

I second that!

If VB can do it we can do it in football too.

Comment

Mixu Paatelainen sticks with experience as he names 23-strong Hong Kong World Cup squad

https://www.scmp.com/sport/football/...rong-hong-kong

The Finn has no room for a batch of youngsters as he puts his faith in experience against Cambodia and Iran

Hong Kong will face an acid test against the Iranians at home on September 15, the highest Fifa ranked team in Asia at 23

Mixu Paatelainen has named his 23-strong 2022 World Cup qualifying squad that will do battle against Cambodia and Iran next month, putting his faith on his tried and tested veterans while leaving out a batch of youngsters waiting in the wings.

The Hong Kong coach didn’t surprise with his selections, adding Sandro, of Premier League champions Wofoo Tai Po, to the squad after the Brazilian forward missed Hong Kong’s warm-up game against Taiwan, which saw his charges beaten 2-0 at Mong Kok Stadium in June.

Kwoon Chung Southern’s James Ha has also been added to the squad after skipping the Taiwan game as he was away on holiday, while former Tai Po midfielder Wong Wai, who is currently a free agent, is the only surprise call-up to the squad.

Hong Kong will take on Cambodia in Phnom Penh on September 5 before the team have the Herculean task of playing Asian giants Iran at home five days later on September 10.
                                Cambodia will provide an interesting challenge at the National Olympic Stadium in Cambodia’s capital, and Paatelainen was looking forward to the challenge.

“I’m quite delighted to name my squad for the World Cup qualifiers but it has been difficult to chose the players because we have quite a few players who can play [eligible] for Hong Kong,” said the 52-year-old Finnish coach.

“Also, we don’t have any competitive fixtures and matches going on and I have to base my judgment on the players’ previous season form and how they performed in practice matches as well.

“It’s not an ideal situation but because we don’t have any competitive fixtures, that’s how we go about it. I feel we have a strong squad, certainly a more experienced squad than in June against [Taiwan].

“In that game, we wanted to see as many players as possible in our training sessions and give the youth players a possibility to show their talent and see whether they are ready to break into the squad. Some are in my opinion and some aren’t. This squad has experience and has cover for every position.”

Asked how Hong Kong would fare against Cambodia and especially Iran, who have reached the World Cup finals before, the Finn said: “Obviously, we want to do as well as we can and get positive results from there. We know it’s not going to be easy. The Cambodians play good football. They pass the ball well and they have able players. Their [playing] surface obviously plays a role over there. It’s not what our players are used to. Our players are used to playing on more or less on grass. It is an artificial surface [in Cambodia] and from what I’ve heard, it’s pretty hard. We will take that into our minds and will make our preparations to make sure that every player is as comfortable as possible for that. The bottom line is that we want to take a positive result from there,” he said.

Paatelainen and his charges will be provided with an acid test when they take on Iran, the highest Fifa ranked Asian team at the moment (Fifa world ranking 23) and the Finn is under no illusions of the task at hand.

“It’s going to be a big test for us. But you know, we have a plan on how we going to play and how we want to make life very difficult for Iran and cause them problems as well. I’m very looking forward to that test.”

Of the youngsters, the Hong Kong coach has dropped most of the youngsters who disappointed against Taiwan, leaving out Eastern’s Yue Tze-nam and Shinichi Chan of Kitchee and only retaining Tai Po’s Sun Ming-him.

HONG KONG WORLD CUP SQUAD

Goalkeepers: Yapp Hung-fai (Eastern), Wang Zhenpeng (Kitchee), Yuen Ho-chun (Lee Man)

Defenders: Chak Ting-fung, Fung Hing-wa (Eastern), Festus Baise (Guizhou Hengfeng), Andrew James Russell (Hebei China Fortune), Daniel Cancela Rodriguez, Helio Jose De Souza Gonclaves, Tong Kin-man (Kitchee), Tsui Wang-kit (Meizhou Hakka), Leung Nok-hang (R&F).

Midfielders: Lee Ka-yiu, Xu Deshuai (Eastern), Tan Chun-lok (Guangzhou R&F), Huang Yang, Ju Yingzhi (Kitchee), Philip Chan Siu-kwan (Kwoon Chung Southern), Wong Wai.

Forwards: Alexander Oluwatayo Akande (Dalian Yifang), Alessandro Ferreira Leonardo (Sandro), Sun Ming-him (Wofoo Tai Po), James Stephen Gee Ha, (Kwoon Chung Southern)

Comment

Working...
                                X