This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post

I won't be surprised if Shahriar Moghanlou get an invitation to TM next camp, He finished as top scorer in league1 with Malavan and now is the top scorer in IPL, plus he is relatively young(25). He is the 2nd in the league for the number of the shots on target(61), after Hajsafi(62).

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Looks to be an interesting prospect for the league and all around cool guy! (Hints to Persepolis and Tractor, but mostly Persepolis )

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post

Looks to be an interesting prospect for the league and all around cool guy! (Hints to Persepolis and Tractor, but mostly Persepolis )
      god the iranian style of interviewing is so pathetic. Moghanlou should have walked of the set right there

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
        What the hell is all the fascination with Perspolis? I don't understand how people in Iran have such tunnel vision that they act like being a fan of Perspolis or any other PGL team is absolute and above everything else. No one around the wold gives a rat's ass to our crappy league.
        word...!
        ditto..!
        talk about nadid padid..!! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
          He admits in the interview that his first priority and devotion is Perspolis. not Team Melli. That is why he did not speak against Branko regardless if he is the culprit . People like him is why football problems will never be solved in Iran and have regressed so much since the revolution.
          While i agree about Peyrovani and his "i prefer my club over my country" nonsense, i disagree with out football being regressed since the revolution. If anything, Iranian football has gotten much stronger since the revolution. Before the revolution our best result was the 1-1 draw against Scotland, and we qualified only once for the world cup.

The Asian cup argument can be refuted as well. First of all, we only had like 8 participants during those Asian cup tournaments. Secondly, we got cheated big time in the Asian cup of '96, 2004 and 2015 by the corrupt AFC and their referees. Lastly, world cup counts much more than the Asian cup. So our football has definitely gotten much stronger after the revolution.

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
            While i agree about Peyrovani and his "i prefer my club over my country" nonsense, i disagree with out football being regressed since the revolution. If anything, Iranian football has gotten much stronger since the revolution. Before the revolution our best result was the 1-1 draw against Scotland, and we qualified only once for the world cup.
            The Asian cup argument can be refuted as well. First of all, we only had like 8 participants during those Asian cup tournaments. Secondly, we got cheated big time in the Asian cup of '96, 2004 and 2015 by the corrupt AFC and their referees. Lastly, world cup counts much more than the Asian cup. So our football has definitely gotten much stronger after the revolution.
            This has to do with globalisation. Before the revolution, it wasn't possible to have as much legionnaires as these days. The best clubs and european league were filled by their national players + one or two foreigners here and there. Arsenal, PSG, Inter were mainly filled with english, french and italians, while now you hardly find their national players there.

Maybe the point wasn't "our football regressed" but "our football didn't improve as much as it should have"?

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
              This has to do with globalisation. Before the revolution, it wasn't possible to have as much legionnaires as these days. The best clubs and european league were filled by their national players + one or two foreigners here and there. Arsenal, PSG, Inter were mainly filled with english, french and italians, while now you hardly find their national players there.

Maybe the point wasn't "our football regressed" but "our football didn't improve as much as it should have"?
              Precisely. The way our football was advancing I would have not have been surprised if we had reached the Semi-finals of WC once or twice by now.

Comment

I haven't seen this confirmed anywhere yet, but there is a rumor on Instagram that CQ forgave the $200,000 remaining from his contract and asked that a donation be made instead to several charities.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                  I haven't seen this confirmed anywhere yet, but there is a rumor on Instagram that CQ forgave the $200,000 remaining from his contract and asked that a donation be made instead to several charities.
                  I will never get over the idiots in charge of our football for letting go a coach like Carlos, a man who reinvented our whole football system, the foundation of our team and made us competitive with the best teams in the world... This guy had more gheyrat and cared more about Iranian football than anyone in charge. I'll always be grateful for the happy moments that our football gave us because of him
                  --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                  --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                  ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                  --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                  ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                    Also don't forget the Bosman ruling while lifted restrictions on EU players for clubs thus an Iranian player would not have to compete with EU players for one of the only three foreign player slots on a team.
                    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Credit to GolBezan for Tweeting this:

Willy Sagnol poised to become Iranian national team coach: https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.co...al-team-coach/

Don't know the credibility of the site, but Sangol doesn't have much head coach experience. Looks like he was the head coach of Bordeaux for a few years, and an assistant at Bayern, and an interim coach at Bayern for a single match.

Of course, Sangol has some limited experience with Iranian football as he played with Vahid and Karimi at Bayern. But other than that, this seems like a very random report.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                        Credit to GolBezan for Tweeting this:

Willy Sagnol poised to become Iranian national team coach: https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.co...al-team-coach/

Don't know the credibility of the site, but Sangol doesn't have much head coach experience. Looks like he was the head coach of Bordeaux for a few years, and an assistant at Bayern, and an interim coach at Bayern for a single match.

Of course, Sangol has some limited experience with Iranian football as he played with Vahid and Karimi at Bayern. But other than that, this seems like a very random report.
                        What about skokic?

Comment

Originally posted by kian_khosh View Post
                          What about skokic?
                          After the unsubstantiated Strama reports, this is the second rumor I've seen that IFF wants to replace Skocic.

On a professional level, I understand if IFF wants to replace him, since Skocic's resume isn't that impressive. But on a personal level, it'll be quite sad if Skocic were to get sacked without a single match, as he's made a great impression so far.

Comment

please these rumors are just BS. Skocic is the coach and there is really nothing credible to these rumors or any others. He has met with all the players, is in cnostant contact with them, and is returning/has returned to iran this week.

Comment

The original source of this is footmercato : https://www.footmercato.net/a5106713...-lequipe-diran

I rather have him as omid coach or ipl club coach.
                              The good part is he can help our players to become legionnaires but his cv isn't that solid. And to add the drama of quitting because of sanctions or trump farting will come back

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                                After the unsubstantiated Strama reports, this is the second rumor I've seen that IFF wants to replace Skocic.

On a professional level, I understand if IFF wants to replace him, since Skocic's resume isn't that impressive. But on a personal level, it'll be quite sad if Skocic were to get sacked without a single match, as he's made a great impression so far.
                                Its not IFF. Agents contact these guys and pretend to be spokesman for IFF. The players believe and think they have an actual offer.

Comment

Working...
                                X