Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know that we all want to see TM play in March yet public health is more important than football. If you disagree, find a wise person in your life and get some advice .

Unfortunately, all indications point to a highly probable cancelation of the March games.

IR's mismanagement is also impacting how COVID-19 is dealt with at a national level. So far the death rate of the Virus in China and worldwide (except for Iran) has been at 2% level. According to the latest information from IR's Ministry of health so far in Iran 19 people have died and 139 people have been diagnosed https://www.mehrnews.com/news/486380...88%D8%AA%DB%8C . Simple math tells us that if 19 people have died then the actual number of infected should be around 950 not 139. Go figure.

I think all games should be canceled for the foreseeable future until the situation is under control. The US Center for Disease Control people had a news conference a couple days ago and said that anyone who thinks that with the coming of Spring it will be over is a wishful thinker. I hope they are wrong.

The silver lining is that if the March games are canceled, TM will have more time for preparation assuming that it will be safe to have a camp in a third country.

Go TM!

Comment

Dragan is very cunning. He not only is meeting with all the TM legionnaires, he is very good at publicizing his efforts on social media (he has a twitter account that he updates with these pics). He is winning the hearts and minds of fans, and establishing himself as a true leader among the players. He has not even stepped on a field with TM players yet, and he's already surpassed the dud Wilmots.

Comment

What Dragan is doing is coaching 101.

When you're a famous older coach with an established resume, you act like a father figure/General with the players as your sons/soldiers. This was the CQ model.

When you're relatively young, don't have much of a resume and you know the players don't respect you yet, you act more like their older brother and best friend.

Comment

We will see Skocic's worth as a coach in how he deals with old players who have not only voiced negative feelings about him becoming coach but have admitted to not playing for the previous coach. If Skocic does not deal with Azmoun and Rezaiean then he has the same fate as Wilmots. People keep throwing around CQ, and he certainly would not tolerate such comments. This si Iran and no player is irreplaceable especially those having admitted they didn't play for a coach rather than playing for their country. Besides if these guys were any good they would not have suffered the worst historic defeat to the worst (or at least one of the worst) Japanese team in its history.

Comment

Skokic is doing something that Wilmots didn't and that is creating a relationship with the players.. He needs to earn their respects if he wants them to go all out for him.
            Wilmots didn't do that and was never in iran hardly which hurt his relationship with the players.

Comment

The corunavirus is gonna impact any friendlies and possibly the actual qualifiers.
              I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
                We will see Skocic's worth as a coach in how he deals with old players who have not only voiced negative feelings about him becoming coach but have admitted to not playing for the previous coach. If Skocic does not deal with Azmoun and Rezaiean then he has the same fate as Wilmots. People keep throwing around CQ, and he certainly would not tolerate such comments. This si Iran and no player is irreplaceable especially those having admitted they didn't play for a coach rather than playing for their country. Besides if these guys were any good they would not have suffered the worst historic defeat to the worst (or at least one of the worst) Japanese team in its history.
                As long as Skocic prefers to take our players to training instead of namaz jomeh like your favored coaches they will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                  I know that we all want to see TM play in March yet public health is more important than football. If you disagree, find a wise person in your life and get some advice .

Unfortunately, all indications point to a highly probable cancelation of the March games.

IR's mismanagement is also impacting how COVID-19 is dealt with at a national level. So far the death rate of the Virus in China and worldwide (except for Iran) has been at 2% level. According to the latest information from IR's Ministry of health so far in Iran 19 people have died and 139 people have been diagnosed https://www.mehrnews.com/news/486380...88%D8%AA%DB%8C . Simple math tells us that if 19 people have died then the actual number of infected should be around 950 not 139. Go figure.

I think all games should be canceled for the foreseeable future until the situation is under control. The US Center for Disease Control people had a news conference a couple days ago and said that anyone who thinks that with the coming of Spring it will be over is a wishful thinker. I hope they are wrong.

The silver lining is that if the March games are canceled, TM will have more time for preparation assuming that it will be safe to have a camp in a third country.

Go TM!
                  they will probably play in an empty stadium
                  “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

I got a feeling that all games will be canceled

Comment

Originally posted by rdwrrr View Post
                      I got a feeling that all games will be canceled
                      Potentially a silver lining...will give Dragan more time to scout/prepare.

Comment

Dragan returns to Iran after European tour to meet many of TM legionnaires. Huge props to him for this, despite the widespread news of Iran's Coronovirus outbreak and potential risk. This is the level of commitment we need from a TM coach. All the best wishes to him, TM, and staff to stay healthy, strong, and determined to reach WC.

Comment

Come back to us!

From FB:

"To all my friends, mainly from Colombia, Iran and Portugal, thank you so much for the thoughtful words you are sharing on my birthday. Thank you so much to my football family, here represented by Ali Jahanbashk 🇮🇷 and Steven Alzate 🇨🇴 , a family that always have been with me in this great journey! We all share the same feeling and duty: to serve Football fans well and the National Team with passion and Love. Thank you lads for your commitment and confidence. My best wishes and gratitude to all. CQ"

Comment

Originally posted by K. Nader View Post
                            Come back to us!

From FB:

"To all my friends, mainly from Colombia, Iran and Portugal, thank you so much for the thoughtful words you are sharing on my birthday. Thank you so much to my football family, here represented by Ali Jahanbashk 🇮🇷 and Steven Alzate 🇨🇴 , a family that always have been with me in this great journey! We all share the same feeling and duty: to serve Football fans well and the National Team with passion and Love. Thank you lads for your commitment and confidence. My best wishes and gratitude to all. CQ"

Pure class.

Comment

Originally posted by K. Nader View Post
                              Come back to us!
                              It's not about him coming back to us. It's about the Iranian regime preventing it.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                                Dragan returns to Iran after European tour to meet many of TM legionnaires. Huge props to him for this, despite the widespread news of Iran's Coronovirus outbreak and potential risk. This is the level of commitment we need from a TM coach. All the best wishes to him, TM, and staff to stay healthy, strong, and determined to reach WC.
                                he didn't go to Portugal, England and France?

Comment

Working...
                                X