Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently he also said we’ll have a friendly against Oman? When?

Comment

According to wikipedia it's 8th June, but that's a strange date because 2 days later we play Iraq, and 3 days before that we play Bahrain. I think they probably mean 28th May or something, and messed it up because the difference in Iranian calender.

Comment

I don't care about these English translators, bring Chalangar please!

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
          Apparently he also said we’ll have a friendly against Oman? When?
          May 28, 2020 in Tehran: http://ffiri.ir/fa/news/4933/دیدار-ا...ر-تهران

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
            Che ajab! The website improved compared to last time.

Comment

Facing Branko team. Should be fun lol

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Totally forgot about the Branko connection. We just can’t have a clean break from that leech

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                  Facing Branko team. Should be fun lol
                  Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk
                  Oman is usually a pretty solid & challenging friendly foe ..! Good prep match choice for Iraq & Bahrain ..!👍
                  Ps
                  It’s refreshing to see a TM coach @ a presser portraying modesty & sensibility ..! & one who unlike all other domestic coaching option isn’t a gonde-gooz & full of themselves ..!
                  It makes it easy to wish him all the Success in the world in his profession..!
                  Let’s hope he doesn’t change character after our media turn the heat up on him sooner than later ..!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                    Oman is usually a pretty solid & challenging friendly foe ..! Good prep match choice for Iraq & Bahrain ..!👍
                    Ps
                    It’s refreshing to see a TM coach @ a presser portraying modesty & sensibility ..! & one who unlike all other domestic coaching option isn’t a gonde-gooz & full of themselves ..!
                    Let’s hope he doesn’t change character after our media turn the heat up on him sooner than later ..!
                    The media has already turned up the heat on him. He has received a barrage of negative publicity either through the interviews by current and ex IPL coaches (the ones you enamored by your GG term ) or rumors about health (e.g. "heart disease" that turned out to be allergies in Abadan) and so far he has shown character and even said that he is ready and committed to work with all the IPL coaches (the only two who congratulated him were Nekoonam and Ghalenoie). I agree with you though that there will be a lot more heat unleashed on him after each move or results and also the pressure by IFF and the IR centers of power. He has to face pressure and sheer attacks that he did not when he coached Malavan, Foolad, Khooneh-beh-Khooneh and Sanat-eh-Naft. So far so good

Go TM!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                      Ps
                      Yes it would be a good match up, especially for Bahrain since they play similarily IMO to Oman. (Also Sepahan have an Omani player which may help add to friendly but he has yet to open his score sheet in Iran League: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhsen_Al-Ghassani)

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                      Che ajab! The website improved compared to last time.
                      Yes, it certainly has!

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                        The man has a decent track record with very run of the mill, average clubs.
                        he seems to be a decent man too.
                        at this point, my expectations are not too high. But given our inherent quality of players & football, it isnt rock bottom either.
                        we SHOULD be able to dispatch both iraq & bahrain at home.
                        I'm not saying we tear them apart (that would be too delicious, but highly improbable). But we do have enough to win both of these 2 fezerti teams AT HOME.
                        My only concern is if govt and IFF will try to interfere and dictate on who gets the call or who gets to play.
                        especially with reference to the fantastic Vouria Ghafouri, who deserves to start ahead of all.
                        will Skocic be able to resist political pressure and put his own stamp on the team?
                        At club level, he has proven that he is a man of principles and wears his heart on his sleeves. He demands the very best and expects full hard work, I do agree that this is entirely different.

His greatest test will come when he is face to face with stars like Azmoon, Beiroo, Dejagah... - Does he have it in him to manage them and get the best out of them in the shape of a team. When was the last time he managed players at this level? He won’t try to elevate them to Salari players but as a lesser-known coach these things sometimes take their own natural routes! A lot rides on players themselves to rally behind him and give him their honest best.

This is going to be a learning curve for Dragan. There will ultimately be interference, however I expect soon he will strike a balance, learning that these guys need him desperately and can ill afford a replacement manager. Until of course if and when shit hit the fan!
                        sigpic
                        Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Originally posted by The Realist View Post
                          At club level, he has proven that he is a man of principles and wears his heart on his sleeves. He demands the very best and expects full hard work, I do agree that this is entirely different.
                          His greatest test will come when he is face to face with stars like Azmoon, Beiroo, Dejagah... - Does he have it in him to manage them and get the best out of them in the shape of a team. When was the last time he managed players at this level? He won’t try to elevate them to Salari players but as a lesser-known coach these things sometimes take their own natural routes! A lot rides on players themselves to rally behind him and give him their honest best.
                          This is going to be a learning curve for Dragan. There will ultimately be interference, however I expect soon he will strike a balance, learning that these guys need him desperately and can ill afford a replacement manager. Until of course if and when shit hit the fan!
                          I'm not sure our TM players are the issue. They are looking (and even yearning) for a leader who can unite them and bring passion back to their quest for WC qualification. Wilmots was better than Dragan on paper, but we didn't hear a single TM player sing his praises before/during/after his tenure. In contrast, we still hear of their respect for CQ. The players aren't looking for a celebrity coach. They are looking for a man of courage, wisdom, integrity, and heart to lead them to the WC. Dragan has already surpassed Wilmots in that regard from my perspective (with his nuanced press conference and humility for Iran). Let's see if he can continue to impress (I'm certainly rooting for him).

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                            I'm not sure our TM players are the issue. They are looking (and even yearning) for a leader who can unite them and bring passion back to their quest for WC qualification. Wilmots was better than Dragan on paper, but we didn't hear a single TM player sing his praises before/during/after his tenure. In contrast, we still hear of their respect for CQ. The players aren't looking for a celebrity coach. They are looking for a man of courage, wisdom, integrity, and heart to lead them to the WC. Dragan has already surpassed Wilmots in that regard from my perspective (with his nuanced press conference and humility for Iran). Let's see if he can continue to impress (I'm certainly rooting for him).
                            I guess time will tell and we have very little of that.

I remember some players jumped on the “Hojoomi” style bandwagon introduction to TM play accredited to Wilmots, but as the wheels came off very soon, they went quite. This was not necessarily a criticism of CQ style as I expect they continue to love and respect him and would dearly have him back hands down.
                            sigpic
                            Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Ultra Attacking approach makes a bit of sense I suppose vs our tokhmy opponents( HK/Vietnam) especially at home, but such an approach would be foolish vs Bahrain & especially so Vs Iraq & would play right into their hands & likely bite us in the ass big time. ..! Yea, It would make some sense to go all out attacking in the beginning 15-20 min of those matches, in order to further unnerve Iraq/Bahrain in the hopefully Ruckus atmosphere of Azadi, but these two sides will be coming to us & primarily looking for a draw & likely to adapt a crowded defensive & counter attacking tactic.

Besides, to play efficient Attacking football, you gonna need Peak Team Fitness, poise in possession, smart & constant movement of all players without the ball, Quick & good touch on passes , & tbh all are qualities that are vastly lacking in our squad, especially amongst those playing domestically ..! Also needed couple of high caliber/energy, visionary CMs/CAMs which we’ve been lacking since the WC..!
                              All we need now is getting cocky & overzealous offensively & get hit back with a tokhmy goal on counter & then we be really panicked & fked trying to come from behind with an internally amateur coach on the sidelines...!

We thought we were hot shitt & we already got humbled by two quick losses in succession that put us in this predicament..! Let’s not fall for that BS attacking football again ..! We’re a far from a good attacking team, simple as ..!
                              Stick with what we know & what has worked for us for past 8 years...! CQ ball is the only sensible way forward ..!
                              Just keep it tight & organized defensively, & a more direct approach on attack...!
                              make quick winger counter runs & send some Balls over top for Sardar to patch on to & focus more on set-piece deliveries & conversions...!

Comment

The approach to Arab teams is not very diverse. CQ had a formula for these teams and while we don't need to carbon copy his tactics maybe its a good idea to take things from coaches we like and cement them into Team Melli's pool of strategies.

1) Go hunting-
                                Arab teams are weakest and most fragile early in a game. They know they are playing us, they probably have some sheikhs offwring incentives to beat us, they are nervous. We have to press and win the ball back. Not give them a moments rest. Thats why they always try to grassroll against us.

2) First Blood-
                                Have any of you ever seen an Arab team grassroll when we are winning against them? No. Thats because their main strategic weapon has been diffused and they have to play catchup. If we get a goal in the first half they are extremely psychologically vulnerable. Sometimes we have ruined this ad antage by getting emotional ourselves(Pouladi red card). If we manage the game at this point they will have to throw players up to equalize. Which leads to the next strategy.

3) Go for the kill-
                                If we lead them we have to finish them off. We wont always have a defensive team to hold a 1-0 like Quieroz used to do. Arab national teams have VERY FEW good wingbacks. I can only think of 3(who have their own weaknesses) in Qatar's Abdelkarim Hassan, Saudi's Al Shahrani, and Iraq's Ali Adnan. Even these guys push up way too much and leave their CB exposed. A lot of our goals in recent years were due to us exploiting this.

4) Nerves of steel-
                                Our players cant fall to mind games. That simple. If they get emotional it should be comverted into aggression on setpieces, passes, and shots...not tackles and complaining to the ref.

Comment

Working...
                                X