This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
    Karim Bagheri is a real gentleman, i've met him a few times in Tehran. Wish we had more Iranians like him. Hashemian also seems like a professional, so Skocic should be able to work with them easily. Also, Bagheri will support the invitation of players who have the right qualities not because they are "Perspolis", seriously where do you come up with these things?
    I've met him in the US too. Class act. He has enough grit to push for whats right for our football

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
      Karim Bagheri is a real gentleman, i've met him a few times in Tehran. Wish we had more Iranians like him. Hashemian also seems like a professional, so Skocic should be able to work with them easily. Also, Bagheri will support the invitation of players who have the right qualities not because they are "Perspolis", seriously where do you come up with these things?
      I don't know about Bagheri. Back in July he had an interview where he said it's difficult for him to decide between TM and Persepolis. How can you put a club team above the national team?

http://www.persianfootball.com/news/...karim-bagheri/

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
        I don't know about Bagheri. Back in July he had an interview where he said it's difficult for him to decide between TM and Persepolis. How can you put a club team above the national team?

I dont think that comment is bad enough to hate on the dude. He has a point, its a difficult decision and it would look bad on him to choose one over the other. You have to understand that most professionals in football are very neutral and respectful when giving statements to the media e.g. Pep saying Potter is a great coach

Also several players have opted out of their NT for their clubs like Shaq for Liverpool/Switzerland.
        #WilmotsOUT

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
          He is a professional who weighs in different factors when he makes a decision such as: i signed a contract with Perspolis, and they need my help and i can't abandon them like that. Also he might think to himself am I really needed/do i have the right qualities as a coach on this level, or is their for example a political reason why i have been assigned by some big IFF chiefs. The working culture and environment in Iran is much different than in Europe or the West in general. We tend to forget that, it doesn't mean that he doesn't love his country and does not cheer for TM like we all do. Whenever he played for TM he played with his heart and soul and always gave a 110%.

Comment

I have not posted here in 8 months
            I have met both Bagheri and Hashemian 2-3 times.
            Class acts.
            Karim Bagheri and Vahid Hashemian are excellent choices for TM assistant coaches , they will be the dynamic duo for our team and players.
            I also give the Skocic a huge amount of credit for bringing them there.
            I am telling what guys but I am getting a real good feeling about our chances to first beat Iraq and Bahrain and qualify out of the group.

Comment

Messi magic on display right now against Napoli. The fact that TM held him and Argentina scoreless for 90+ min is a testament to CQ’s genius.

Comment

AFC announced that the qualifiers have been rescheduled again to 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by Navid H View Post
                  oh shit, just read it too. That means no TM Games this year , except of friendlies .

Comment

I don't think the final round will adopt a home and away format this time.

Comment

I'm worried that they might pull a French league and just move directly to the next round of the WCQ with the current standings or use point per match. Not sure how they can do two full rounds of WCQ in a single year without significantly impacting domestic leagues.

The only other alternative is to do an NBA style tournament with all the remaining countries in a bubble country.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                        I'm worried that they might pull a French league and just move directly to the next round of the WCQ with the current standings or use point per match. Not sure how they can do two full rounds of WCQ in a single year without significantly impacting domestic leagues.

The only other alternative is to do an NBA style tournament with all the remaining countries in a bubble country.
                        That won’t happen because Iran has played one game less than the rest of the group.
                        #BanNoorafkan

Comment

Originally posted by Preezy View Post
                          That won’t happen because Iran has played one game less than the rest of the group.
                          Unlikley, but they could do points per match.
                          Bahrain would have 1.8
                          Iran would have 1.5

Comment

Fvck China for what they've done to this world.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post

If covid continues, 100% they will do this and screw us. Like Amiens we are defenseless

Comment

AFC is run by a proSaudi alliance.
                                The next World Cup is in Qatar.

The Saudi alliance will do anything to make the Qatar World Cup a failure.

Best bet is to make some sort of 64 or even 128 (or however many teams are left in qualifying) team knockout tournament.

Comment

Working...
                                X