X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
    I say this question gets answered before the discussion continues. Also:

Have we gotten an answer on this yet?
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Have we gotten an answer on this yet?
      Yes. I agree with these stats. CQ has better stats in 6 games in the world cup than Branko does in 3 games.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
        Everything in an order please. We need to be precise. I will answer your question once you acknowledge your statement here:
        Was Branko first appointed TM head coach in 2002 or 2003 (as you repeatedly claim)?
        As soon as you answer this, I will give you the answer to your question, which is very precise and I think you'll enjoy it (as someone who is, manifestly, a stickler for truth and facts).
        I asked first. Before we continue any further We must establish if you subscribe to rules of mathematics.

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
          I asked first..
          I'm not sure how to explain the concept of time, but my request
          Originally posted by Dr Strangemoosh
          By the way, can you respond to Martin-Reza's "get your facts straight" comment?
          Was asked before your question, literally the post before so that makes it hopefully easy for you to check.

I also asked another question earlier which you have not yet responded to:

Originally posted by Dr Strangemoosh
          Can you reply regarding these websites which confirm that Branko took over on 29th January 2002 rather than the 2003 you keep mentioning?
          You are wrong. Branko was appointed TM coach in 2003 not 2002.
          As I promised, if you respond to this question I will clearly and logically respond to your question.

Comment

Originally posted by OSTAD POOYA View Post
            Guys I honestly don't get why you are arguing with this guy. If he is not willing to see the math or twists it around its on him. The math is so simple even a 5th grader can do it. You just add up all the wins, all draws, all losses and divide them by total games. Its not about one stint or 2 stints. In stats of team sports its about your overall performance. Tooleh Khers has accepted that Branco took over Iran in 2002 after Blazevic failed to qualify Iran to the 2002 World Cup. Branco was his assistant and was appointed NATIONAL TEAM coach. After that and later in the year he coached the U23 to gold in Pusan which is different than the senior national team and the stats are looked upon differently. Then he was removed and Shahrokhi took over as interim manager. Then he was appointed to coach again. In his totality of games coached his record is below CQ and not as good. That's a statistical FACT. Now if he likes to just look at the 2nd stint ONLY then he can do that but it still does not change the FACT that CQ has a better OVERALL performance % than Branco.

In fact as I indicated earlier there is only Ali Daei with coaches coaching more than 20 games which has a slightly better record than CQ.
            You are mixing a lot of these things. Your point of dispute is winning percentage. However you use that one item to conclude over all record and performance and results. What about all the titles and medals Branko won and Cq did not win any? what about the higher rankled opponents Branko faced? Branko achieved more with a lot less against higher ranked opponents. Now that is backed up by statistics. You can argue like KC has done correctly that CQ has better stats in 6 games at the world cup than Branko did in 3.Thank god for that own goal otherwise he would be very close in double the games and I will get called worst names for bringing it up.

Now performance IMO is different than results and has its own metrics ad stats for measurement and comparison. Well if one thinks critically if not then you can make all kinds of leaps and assumptions based on preferences.

Comment

I'm not sure how to explain the concept of time, but my request

Was asked before your question, literally the post before so that makes it hopefully easy for you to check.

As I promised, if you respond to this question I will clearly and logically respond to your question.
              Before we go any further we must establish that we are talking about numbers and acknowledge common and widely accepted math rules. Is 69% (winning percentage) better than 60%? Yes or no will do.

Comment

Yes. I agree with these stats. CQ has better stats in 6 games in the world cup than Branko does in 3 games.
                That wasn't the question. The question was whether the games in 2002 under Branko were TM games.
                I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

That wasn't the question. The question was whether the games in 2002 under Branko were TM games.
                  It was.

Comment

It was.
                    Cool. And I'm sure you would agree that 78 is bigger than 75. And 73 is bigger than 70.

Comment

Cool. And I'm sure you would agree that 78 is bigger than 75. And 73 is bigger than 70.
                      Thanks for acknowledging that I already answered your question.

Comment

Thanks for acknowledging that I already answered your question.
                        I misunderstood your response. I thought "it was" was referring to our TM games in 2002 being under Branko. So you still haven't answered the question.

Comment

Just to repeat for the 50th time for this troll:
                          Branko had 4 wins (8 draws and 2 losses) from 14 games in his first stint and 28 wins (7 draws and 7 losses) from 42 games in his second stint.
                          These first 14 games were full national team games of which 10 were FIFA validated. They were not U-23 games.
                          This gives him a win percentage of 57.14% (32 out of 56 games) which puts him in between Ranjbar and Szuzs and ~3% below Queiroz, who has a win percentage of 60%
                          Again, I think these things are meaningless anyway without context. Stats can be useful (together with "lies" and "damned lies", as the saying goes) but they are only a fraction of the big picture when it comes to building a national team. The value in Queiroz wasn't just his results, it was his investment in meritocracy, building an infrastructure, getting our foreign-born and raised players into our system and many, many many other things besides.

very true.

outside stats and numbers, what CQ has given TM is a new character, and general discipline.

one can bring all the stats he wants (GN's stats beats everyone), but none of those coaches gave that INTANGIBLE benefit that CQ gave.
                          He took the team's most glaring weakness (defense) and made it its strength. At least in most games.

ps - Maybe if we hadnt changed Daei he could have , ... would have given a more attacking, adventurous character to TM (altho he did have some flaws too, like insisting on certain mediocre players no matter how poorly they performed) However we didnt and his stint was cut short.

One day he will come back and I'm hoping he would make amends

Comment

we had to keep him! Carlos was the best ever coach in Iranian History.. See the record of Jalal Talebi and Amir and Daei.

Comment

For those who missed it, here is a comparison of CQ and Branko in all of the matches they guided TM, also specifically in the World Cup and the Asian Championship. In all categories CQ has had a better record.

Comment

For those who missed it, here is a comparison of CQ and Branko in all of the matches they guided TM, also specifically in the World Cup and the Asian Championship. In all categories CQ has had a better record.

Thanks. Stats are only part of the story of course, but it's good to see these numbers nonetheless. Thanks for compiling this table.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X