100 Games under CQ/ Full Stats and statistical breakdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
    No, you said "Although thanks to an own goal against the run of play but hey stats are stats."
    According to you, stats are everything, so why even mention that? That point should be irrelevant based on your own logic.
    They are, Stats are everything. I will never argue that Branko did better in 3 games in the world cup than CQ did in 6 games in the world cup. Never!

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
      They are, Stats are everything. I will never argue that Branko did better in 3 games in the world cup than CQ did in 6 games in the world cup. Never!
      That's not my point, and it's not what I'm replying to. Why are you responding to something different to what I am highlighting?

I am highlighting the intent in your argument about "own goal against the run of play but whatever". OK stats are everything, so don't mention it, unless you have a chip on your shoulder.

Comment

You are wrong. Branko was appointed TM coach in 2003 not 2002.
        Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
        Branko was our coach in 2002 already, for example coaching us against Ukraine in a friendly match we won 1-0. He was responsible for the A team too as successor to Blazevic, before being replaced by Shahrokhi and then reinstalled in 2003.

No idea who is on who's side, but get your facts straight.
        Tooleh Khers, do you realise that Martin-Reza is a fan of Branko and even he is calling out your BS.

[B]Stats are everything
        Then check them.

Comment

Here is the only stat that matters...our next match is against who and what are we doing in advance of it. Stop looking in the rear view mirror and start looking at the road ahead!

Sent from my Google device using Tapatalk
          Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

That's not my point, and it's not what I'm replying to. Why are you responding to something different to what I am highlighting?

I am highlighting the intent in your argument about "own goal against the run of play but whatever". OK stats are everything, so don't mention it, unless you have a chip on your shoulder.
            Why? Can you not separate stats and context? Can I say 4 points in 2018 world cup is the greatest result Iran achieved in its history at the world cup and say that IMO 1998 was our greatest performance at the world cup?

Comment

Why? Can you not separate stats and context? Can I say 4 points in 2018 world cup is the greatest result Iran achieved in its history at the world cup and say that IMO 1998 was our greatest performance at the world cup?
              I'm just reflecting your "stats are everything" argument which you have used at times when it suits you, and not at times when it doesn't.

By the way, can you respond to Martin-Reza's "get your facts straight" comment?

Comment

Tooleh Khers, do you realise that Martin-Reza is a fan of Branko and even he is calling out your BS.

Then check them.
                Here is another source on those stats. that is two sources. In this they do talk about two stints. Can we agree that Branko's second stint was the best results between all stints we have had with different coaches? Due to this they have Branko's win percentage at 69% but I still refer you to the whole stats and not just one item.

http://footballitarin.com/link_page.php?id=434322

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                  Here is the only stat that matters...our next match is against who and what are we doing in advance of it. Stop looking in the rear view mirror and start looking at the road ahead!

Sent from my Google device using Tapatalk
                  Nothing, we will wait until the last min to sign a coach. While CQ was unemployed for not even a week lol
                  IRI = FAILED

Comment

Here is another source on those stats. that is two sources. In this they do talk about two stints. Can we agree that Branko's second stint was the best results between all stints we have had with different coaches? Due to this they have Branko's win percentage at 69% but I still refer you to the whole stats and not just one item.

http://footballitarin.com/link_page.php?id=434322
                    So now you're just changing your whole argument to "just the second stint"?!?!?

It just doesn't work like that. You've sent so many posts saying the following.

Have you finally accepted that there were 10 full national team games (and 4 unofficial full national team games) in 2002?

Sorry dude, you can't just completely change the discussion. At least have some modicum decency to say your "facts" were incorrect very selected.

Comment

So now you're just changing your whole argument to "just the second stint"?!?!?

It just doesn't work like that. You've sent so many posts saying the following.

Have you finally accepted that there were 10 full national team games (and 4 unofficial full national team games) in 2002?

Sorry dude, you can't just completely change the discussion. At least have some modicum decency to say your "facts" were incorrect very selected.
                      I am not. The discussion has always been about stats, all of them. You seem preoccupied with one. I put it in two separate stints just to see if you are capable of agreeing to anything math related. Can we agree that on his second stint as TM manager his record was the best record of all recent coaches?

Comment

I say this question gets answered before the discussion continues. Also:

I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

I am not. The discussion has always been about stats, all of them. You seem preoccupied with one. I put it in two separate stints just to see if you are capable of agreeing to anything math related. Can we agree that on his second stint as TM manager his record was the best record of all recent coaches?
                          Everything in an order please. We need to be precise. I will answer your question once you acknowledge your statement here:

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
                          Branko was our coach in 2002 already, for example coaching us against Ukraine in a friendly match we won 1-0. He was responsible for the A team too as successor to Blazevic, before being replaced by Shahrokhi and then reinstalled in 2003. No idea who is on who's side, but get your facts straight.
                          Was Branko first appointed TM head coach in 2002 or 2003 (as you repeatedly claim)?

As soon as you answer this, I will give you the answer to your question, which is very precise and I think you'll enjoy it (as someone who is, manifestly, a stickler for truth and facts).

Comment

He was appointed twice. 2002 and 2003.

Comment

Guys I honestly don't get why you are arguing with this guy. If he is not willing to see the math or twists it around its on him. The math is so simple even a 5th grader can do it. You just add up all the wins, all draws, all losses and divide them by total games. Its not about one stint or 2 stints. In stats of team sports its about your overall performance. Tooleh Khers has accepted that Branco took over Iran in 2002 after Blazevic failed to qualify Iran to the 2002 World Cup. Branco was his assistant and was appointed NATIONAL TEAM coach. After that and later in the year he coached the U23 to gold in Pusan which is different than the senior national team and the stats are looked upon differently. Then he was removed and Shahrokhi took over as interim manager. Then he was appointed to coach again. In his totality of games coached his record is below CQ and not as good. That's a statistical FACT. Now if he likes to just look at the 2nd stint ONLY then he can do that but it still does not change the FACT that CQ has a better OVERALL performance % than Branco.

In fact as I indicated earlier there is only Ali Daei with coaches coaching more than 20 games which has a slightly better record than CQ.

Comment

Stats don't lie. In an objective approach, it only makes sense to include all relevant data and not just the fractions that support our bias. CQ was an amazing coach and his record is now set to be broken. I want to add the quality and character aspects:

1- With a strong character, CQ came back to Iran after a humiliating 3-0 defeat vs Japan after AC2019. That tells you what the person is made of. In comparison, Branco did not return with the team to Iran after the WC 2006 disastrous campaign. That was, is and will be the specter that will never leave Branco's record and I hope he will never be appointed as TM coach again.

2- Branco's record of major injuries for his players both at PP and TM shows that he did not apply a scientific approach to recovery and utilization periods to make sure the long term health and career of the player is kept in mind. This has not received enough attention. I understand that PP was barred from signing new players last year yet a coach with integrity would put the health of his players first compared to jeopardizing their long term health to get results (Mahini and Ansari are two specific and latest examples). It will be great if someone gathers those stats because that's one of weak aspects of Branco's coaching record that does not receive enough coverage. In comparison, CQ was a solid (if not perfect) example of paying special attention to recovery both from games and from injuries with TM doctors getting involved to help players long term recovery even during the times they were with their club.

Comment

Working...
                                X