Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People are just making stuff up:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtgFQMBB..._web_copy_link

برانكو يه قهرماني آسيايي داره.٢تا قهرماني ليگ.فينال آسيايي.جام جهانيم كه برده تيمو.تيمش ٣تا آقاي گلي و ٣تا آقاي پاس گل داشته. كيروش توو اين ٨ سال چي داشته؟ بيرانوند پنالتيه رونالدورو گرفت 😂.كمپ ساخته. من نميدونم اين سر مربيه ؟ يا پيمانكار ساختمون

No one seems to argue against these guys.

Comment

The numbers don’t lie here, Carlos was an amazing coach. Thank you for the results, your passion, and contribution to developing Iranian football.
      --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
      --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
      ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
      --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
      ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by K. Nader View Post
        I have already debunked these statistics in the Branko vs CQ thread. But please, continue posting rubbish.
        You have debunked nothing. There is nothing to debunk. Branko was appointed TM coach in 2003 not 2002. 2002 he was appointed U23 coach and played with U23 players. Even if we count that he still has equal or greater win percentage, for the sake of argument (just to prove how off you are I will even give you win percentage lol) what about: WAFF title, Asian games gold, Asian cup Bronze, intercontinental championship, and his stats (win percentage, loss, tie) were against higher ranking opponents. I don't know how old you are but it's time you grow up.
        Here is another source (CQ bias) that confirms the same thing:

http://footballitarin.com/link_page.php?id=434322

Comment

Originally posted by OSTAD POOYA View Post
          I have no idea where you are getting your stats from but the guy must either be a biased Persepolis fan or has no idea of stats and is very dishonest. I can literally blow ten holes in these stats but I just give you a couple.

Based on your stats Branco coached 42 times which is wrong. He actually coached Iran 52 times and some sources have him coaching as high as 56 games. I won't waste my time but he had 2 stints as Iran coach. In 2002 and then Shahrokhi took over and then in 2003. So your source just ignores all games he coached in 2002. Plus CQ coached Iran 100 times but yours showing it at 93. That's just a few things that are wrong. It would be good if you can actually provide some background and info instead of just posting one graph which really does not amount to anything.
          You are wrong. Branko was appointed TM coach in 2003 not 2002. 2002 he was appointed U23 coach and played with U23 players. Even if we count that he still has equal or greater win percentage, for the sake of argument (just to prove how off you are I will even give you win percentage) what about: WAFF title, Asian games gold, Asian cup Bronze, intercontinental championship, and his stats (win percentage, loss, tie) were against higher ranking opponents. Yes this stat is not up to date as it was from a few weeks ago but does that change anything? No a smart person would say.

Comment

Branko was our coach in 2002 already, for example coaching us against Ukraine in a friendly match we won 1-0. He was responsible for the A team too as successor to Blazevic, before being replaced by Shahrokhi and then reinstalled in 2003.

No idea who is on who's side, but get your facts straight.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
              We've been through this argument many times with this troll and he keeps spouting the same lies. It's been debunked again and again and again. He just doesn't want to accept those first 10 official (and 4 unofficial) full national TM games that Branko coached which reduces his win percentage to 57.14%. Full national team games.
              http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...IAN-CUP/page40
              We can go round in circles and he still just won't accept these in his fake stats:
              http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...t=#post2623960
              Weird thing is that he never actually comes up with any real argument or rebuttal, just keeps posting those same false stats again, surreal... Mind you, he also would prefer Mayeli Kohan to Queiroz.... "I hope you are wrong. I will gladly take Mayeli Kohan instead."
              http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...t=#post2624016
              You atre the only troll here. You should always have respect when debating someone specially if we are talking about stats. I am not talking about your aunt and uncle here just posting stats! Branko was appointed TM coach in 2003 not 2002. 2002 he was appointed U23 coach and played with U23 players. Even if we count that he still has equal or greater win percentage, for the sake of argument (just to prove how off you are I will even give you win percentage lol) what about: WAFF title, Asian games gold, Asian cup Bronze, intercontinental championship, and his stats (win percentage, loss, tie) were against higher ranking opponents.

For a person who keeps talking about context you seem to not have a very good grasp of it. The Mayeli Kohan comment has a context. The context is if after 8 years we were going to continue with the same style and coach and no change will be made while not getting any substantial result then yes I would prefer Mayeli Kohan and even lower levels just to bring in a fresh breath of air! I don't know how old you are but you need to grow up. Oh and once again your stats are wrong and no matter how bad you reach there are some substantial results that we got with Branko that we didn't get with CQ. Math circus has its limits I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                Agree. Cq had better stats in 6 games in the world cup than Branko had in 3. You are absolutely, positively correct. Although thanks to an own goal against the run of play but hey stats are stats.

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
                  You atre the only troll here. You should always have respect when debating someone specially if we are talking about stats. I am not talking about your aunt and uncle here just posting stats! Branko was appointed TM coach in 2003 not 2002. 2002 he was appointed U23 coach and played with U23 players. Even if we count that he still has equal or greater win percentage, for the sake of argument (just to prove how off you are I will even give you win percentage lol) what about: WAFF title, Asian games gold, Asian cup Bronze, intercontinental championship, and his stats (win percentage, loss, tie) were against higher ranking opponents.
                  For a person who keeps talking about context you seem to not have a very good grasp of it. The Mayeli Kohan comment has a context. The context is if after 8 years we were going to continue with the same style and coach and no change will be made while not getting any substantial result then yes I would prefer Mayeli Kohan and even lower levels just to bring in a fresh breath of air! I don't know how old you are but you need to grow up. Oh and once again your stats are wrong and no matter how bad you reach there are some substantial results that we got with Branko that we didn't get with CQ. Math circus has its limits I guess.

For someone who says "I am an engineer, stats are everything", you really are a troll and a half, son.

Branko was appointed as full national team coach on 29th January 2002. He managed 10 official games and 4 "unofficial" non-FIFA accredited games. He THEN became also coach of the U23 team for the Asian Games. YES, Many of the players were the same for the U23 tournament as for his squads earlier in the year, but that does not change the previous full national team game to an U-23 game! Can you just get this fact? In your "stats are everything" argument, you have to count every official full national team game, not pick and choose which ones you want to include.

I don't know why it is so hard to explain to you that his 2002 games (until Asian Games) were officially national team games, and if you look at the squad apart from an injured Mahdavikia and Daei it was pretty much the new national team anyway, just happened that a lot of the players are younger.

Again, we can go through this again and again and again but these were officially full national team matches, not U23 matches:

06/02/02 Friendly Slovakia 2-3
                  2 01/03/02 LG CUP Venezuela 1-0
                  3 03/03/02 LG CUP Algeria 0-0
                  4 04/04/02 WAG Palestine 2-2
                  5 12/04/02 WAG Kuwait 0-0
                  6 30/05/02 Friendly Kuwait 3-1
                  7 11/08/02 Friendly Azerbaijan 1-1
                  8 21/08/02 Friendly Ukraine 1-0
                  9 30/08/02 WAFF Jordan 0-1
                  10 03/09/02 WAFF Lebanon 2-0
                  11 05/09/02 WAFF Iraq 0-0
                  12 07/09/02 WAFF Syria 2-2
                  13 17/09/02 LG CUP Morocco 1-1
                  14 19/09/02 LG CUP Paraguay 1-1

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...IAN-CUP/page37

This gives him an overall win percentage of 57%.

How many more times do you want us to repeat this? This is the umpteenth time and you keep repeating the same mistruths.

Comment

Although thanks to an own goal against the run of play but hey stats are stats.
                    I thought "stats are everything"?

Why do you pick and choose your logic when it suits you?

Comment

You have debunked nothing. There is nothing to debunk. Branko was appointed TM coach in 2003 not 2002.
                      There is a lot to debunk. Your absolute swathes of constant and repetitive BS and lies.

http://www.parstimes.com/soccer/manager.html

Branko Ivankovic was appointed as the Iranian national team manager on January 29, 2002.

You have debunked nothing. There is nothing to debunk. Branko was appointed TM coach in 2003 not 2002.
                      Iran vs Venezuela March 2002: https://www.transfermarkt.com/spielb...ericht/2516513

Mirzapour, Golmohammadi, Rezaei, Minavand, Peyrovani, Bagheri, Mahdavikia, Karimi, Nikbakht, Khaziravi, Daei. Manager: Branko Ivankovic

https://www.persianleague.com/75-Inv...20Iran%20coach

Feb 5 2002: Branko Ivankovic was unveiled as Iran coach on Thursday morning and the Croatian held no punches as he revealed his plans for the national side in the coming months. Ivankovic confirmed he has signed a one-year contract with the Iran Football Federation, and while he is aware of the contract saga between the federation and former coach Miroslav Blazevic, he said it is time for the nation to close the episode and look forward to the future.

Stats are everything

Comment

For someone who says "I am an engineer, stats are everything", you really are a troll and a half, son.

Branko was appointed as full national team coach on 29th January 2002. He managed 10 official games and 4 "unofficial" non-FIFA accredited games. He THEN became also coach of the U23 team for the Asian Games.

I don't know why it is so hard to explain to you that his 2002 games (until Asian Games) were officially national team games, and if you look at the squad apart from an injured Mahdavikia and Daei it was pretty much the national team anyway, just happened that a lot of the players are younger.

Again, we can go through this again and again and again but these were full national team matches, not U23 matches:

06/02/02 Friendly Slovakia 2-3
                        2 01/03/02 LG CUP Venezuela 1-0
                        3 03/03/02 LG CUP Algeria 0-0
                        4 04/04/02 WAG Palestine 2-2
                        5 12/04/02 WAG Kuwait 0-0
                        6 30/05/02 Friendly Kuwait 3-1
                        7 11/08/02 Friendly Azerbaijan 1-1
                        8 21/08/02 Friendly Ukraine 1-0
                        9 30/08/02 WAFF Jordan 0-1
                        10 03/09/02 WAFF Lebanon 2-0
                        11 05/09/02 WAFF Iraq 0-0
                        12 07/09/02 WAFF Syria 2-2
                        13 17/09/02 LG CUP Morocco 1-1
                        14 19/09/02 LG CUP Paraguay 1-1

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...IAN-CUP/page37

This gives him an overall win percentage of 57%.

How many more times do you want us to repeat this? This is the umpteenth time and you keep repeating the same mistruths.
                        whether we count these games or not is irrelevant. In my previous reply I did say for the sake of the argument Lets give win percentage to CQ. Now, focus...Does that change the big picture? Branko got us a WAFF title, Asian games gold, Asian cup bronze, Intercontinental title, and his stats (disputed win percentage) were against higher ranking opponents, highest FIFA ranking 15. Stick to context then you can argue. This is not a debate between me and you but you and stats.

Comment

I thought "stats are everything"?

Why do you pick and choose your logic when it suits you?
                          I did say at the end of the very sentence that stats are stats. I also said at the beginning of that post that I agreed, CQ stats in 6 games were better than Branko in 3.

Comment

whether we count these games or not is irrelevant. In my previous reply I did say for the sake of the argument Lets give win percentage to CQ. Now, focus...Does that change the big picture? Branko got us a WAFF title, Asian games gold, Asian cup bronze, Intercontinental title, and his stats (disputed win percentage) were against higher ranking opponents, highest FIFA ranking 15. Stick to context then you can argue. This is not a debate between me and you but you and stats.
                            You are making up the stats as you go along mate so, you're right, I'm not debating with you.

For someone who says "stats are everything", you have some nerve to even reply to me. Can you reply to the websites which confirm that Branko took over on 29th January 2002 rather than the 2003 you keep mentioning?

Comment

I did say at the end of the very sentence that stats are stats. I also said at the beginning of that post that I agreed, CQ stats in 6 games were better than Branko in 3.
                              No, you said "Although thanks to an own goal against the run of play but hey stats are stats."

According to you, stats are everything, so why even mention that? That point should be irrelevant based on your own logic.

How old are you by the way, I've rarely seen such doublethink and doublespeak on PFDC before. You seemingly can't make a single honest or logical post.

Comment

You have debunked nothing. There is nothing to debunk. Branko was appointed TM coach in 2003 not 2002. 2002 he was appointed U23 coach and played with U23 players. Even if we count that he still has equal or greater win percentage, for the sake of argument (just to prove how off you are I will even give you win percentage lol) what about: WAFF title, Asian games gold, Asian cup Bronze, intercontinental championship, and his stats (win percentage, loss, tie) were against higher ranking opponents. I don't know how old you are but it's time you grow up.

I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Working...
                                X