100 Games under CQ/ Full Stats and statistical breakdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100 Games under CQ/ Full Stats and statistical breakdown

I have been meaning to put together a statistical breakdown of games under CQ and to put to rest a lot of the nonsense that has been spoken about Iran and the progress it underwent under this coach. In this analysis I have broken down the 100 games under a number of categories such as:

1. World cup Qualifiers (34 games played)
    2. World cup Games (6 games played)
    3. Asian Cup Qualifiers (6 games played)
    4. Asian Cup (10 games played)
    5. WAFF championship (3 games played)
    6. Friendlies (41 games played)

Total: 100 games played

Now the 3 main categories that can be looked at will fall under the following:
    1. Total Games (Includes all games played friendly/official)
    2. Total games without friendlies (All games played including WC and excluding friendlies)
    3. Total games W/O friendlies against Asian teams ( All games against Asian teams excluding friendlies)

In my opinion friendlies are just for practice and in order to really know how well Iran performed we need to look at them when it really counted. Now here are the numbers:

TOTAL GAMES PLAYED (100)

Total games played under CQ was 100. In which Iran won 60 times, had 27 draws, and 13 losses. Pretty straight forward as where Iran had a 60% win, 27% draw and 13% loss ratio in these 100 games.
    A very good record overall considering that Iran did not lose in 87% of her matches. Plus a 60% winning ratio is a solid one in football.

TOTAL GAMES WITHOUT FRIENDLIES

This category includes all games played under CQ minus the friendly games. So it has all qualifiers and cups included in there. In this category Iran played a total of 59 games. In these games Iran won 36 times, had 17 draws, and 6 losses. 3 of Iran’s losses came in the World Cup (Argentina, Bosnia, and Spain) and 3 losses against Asian opposition (Lebanon, Uzbekistan, and Japan). There will be more info on the Asian team losses in the next section.

Looking at this section and the 59 games played against all opponents Iran had a 61% winning record, 29% draw record, and 10% loss record.

Iran technically Win/Draw 90% of her games under CQ when it came to official competition. Keep in mind 3 of the 6 losses happened in the World Cup so the record is even more impressive once the World Cup is taken out of the equation.

TOTAL GAMES AGAINST ASIAN OPPOSITION WITHOUT FRIENDLIES

This category includes all games played against Asian opposition and not taking into account friendlies. For me this is the true essence of the Iranian team and if you really want to compare them to other Asian teams and how Iran performed overall with progress this is the part that sets Iran apart from all others.

When it came to Asian teams Iran played them a total of 53 times in which Iran won 35 times, had 15 draws, and lost 3 times. This gives Iran a 66% winning record, 28% draw record, and 6% loss record. Overall Iran won 2/3 of all her games when it came to Asian opposition. The total Win/Draw is at an IMPRESSIVE 94% and 6% losses.

Iran’s 3 losses. In the qualifiers of 2014 world cup Iran lost to Lebanon in Beirut and then Uzbekistan in Tehran. These games took place in 2012 and Iran lost to Uzbekistan in November of 2012. From November 2012 Iran did not lose again against an Asian opposition until Japan in January of 2019. Iran went an impressive 6 years and 2 months before losing to an Asian Team. This record of not losing in 94% of your games and winning 66% of them is truly impressive and testament to why Iran is the top Asian team in all these years.

At the end I’d like to say Iran had an impressive record under CQ which I highly doubt can be ever repeated again. I don’t even think there are any other teams in the world that had such good results if you look at them in span of 8 years and the totality of the games played. This is something we should all be proud of and be happy that were a part of. Someone said in the other post that CQ planted love in our hearts and this love goes with him wherever he goes. I’d like to second that as this man fought for Iran and Iranian integrity much more than all those running Iran.

honestly cant see any manager ever beating that record vs asian sides! losing only 3 games in 8 years is sick

Comment

thank you ostad.
      I would greatly appreciate including the stats keeping QUALITY (lets say world ranking) of the opponents in mind also, for your next segment.

or if not possible, a list of these opponents, which helps shine light on the strength of the opposition we faced ( friendly or official games)

for example, in Asia, I'd seriously consider games against ;
      japan
      s korea
      aussies
      saudis
      iraq
      uzbeks,
      qatar

more than others. And give more weight to these than those against tajikistan or yemen or .... .

same with the non-asia teams we faced.
      surely chile, arg, ... will be considered differently from albania and macedonia

Comment

No problem man. It will require deeper digging but once I have some patience and time again I will include that as well. Honestly I wanted to take it deeper as I do appreciate the details and how Iran performed but will definitely do that. Let me just think about it a bit to see what's the best way to actually put that together. Since all Asian teams are ranked below Iran perhaps I can pick the next 10-15 ranked teams after Iran and do it in that manner. Any suggestion helps. I am a sucker for stats so looking even more closely would be a great addition.

Comment

No, no need to waste your time mate.
          In fact dont change anything.

just LIST the opponents in 2 categories (friendly, official) and we can make our own assessments.
          that shd be more than enough.

Comment

Comment

I have no idea where you are getting your stats from but the guy must either be a biased Persepolis fan or has no idea of stats and is very dishonest. I can literally blow ten holes in these stats but I just give you a couple.

Based on your stats Branco coached 42 times which is wrong. He actually coached Iran 52 times and some sources have him coaching as high as 56 games. I won't waste my time but he had 2 stints as Iran coach. In 2002 and then Shahrokhi took over and then in 2003. So your source just ignores all games he coached in 2002. Plus CQ coached Iran 100 times but yours showing it at 93. That's just a few things that are wrong. It would be good if you can actually provide some background and info instead of just posting one graph which really does not amount to anything.

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
                I have already debunked these statistics in the Branko vs CQ thread. But please, continue posting rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by K. Nader View Post
                  I have already debunked these statistics in the Branko vs CQ thread. But please, continue posting rubbish.
                  Extremely Rubbish. I won't even get into it as there are just so many things wrong with that picture.

Comment

Thank you man. Friendly suggestion bro, don't waste your time with ISP, dealing with bunch of dinosaurs and pessimists such as BT, Pooya, Zob, Houman and the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by OSTAD POOYA View Post
                      I have no idea where you are getting your stats from but the guy must either be a biased Persepolis fan or has no idea of stats and is very dishonest. I can literally blow ten holes in these stats but I just give you a couple.

Based on your stats Branco coached 42 times which is wrong. He actually coached Iran 52 times and some sources have him coaching as high as 56 games. I won't waste my time but he had 2 stints as Iran coach. In 2002 and then Shahrokhi took over and then in 2003. So your source just ignores all games he coached in 2002. Plus CQ coached Iran 100 times but yours showing it at 93. That's just a few things that are wrong. It would be good if you can actually provide some background and info instead of just posting one graph which really does not amount to anything.
                      We've been through this argument many times with this troll and he keeps spouting the same lies. It's been debunked again and again and again. He just doesn't want to accept those first 10 official (and 4 unofficial) full national TM games that Branko coached which reduces his win percentage to 57.14%. Full national team games.

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...IAN-CUP/page40

We can go round in circles and he still just won't accept these in his fake stats:

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...t=#post2623960

Weird thing is that he never actually comes up with any real argument or rebuttal, just keeps posting those same false stats again, surreal... Mind you, he also would prefer Mayeli Kohan to Queiroz.... "I hope you are wrong. I will gladly take Mayeli Kohan instead."

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...t=#post2624016

Comment

Just to repeat for the 50th time for this troll:

Branko had 4 wins (8 draws and 2 losses) from 14 games in his first stint and 28 wins (7 draws and 7 losses) from 42 games in his second stint.
                        These first 14 games were full national team games of which 10 were FIFA validated. They were not U-23 games.

This gives him a win percentage of 57.14% (32 out of 56 games) which puts him in between Ranjbar and Szuzs and ~3% below Queiroz, who has a win percentage of 60%

Again, I think these things are meaningless anyway without context. Stats can be useful (together with "lies" and "damned lies", as the saying goes) but they are only a fraction of the big picture when it comes to building a national team. The value in Queiroz wasn't just his results, it was his investment in meritocracy, building an infrastructure, getting our foreign-born and raised players into our system and many, many many other things besides.

Comment

Originally posted by OSTAD POOYA View Post
                          This member has stated "I'm a numbers person, stats are everything" yet the whole graph is littered with incorrect data and flat-out lies. Not good for an engineer (and indeed, regardless of the numbers being completely wrong, stats without context are meaningless).

Comment

In all those that have coached Iran in history when looking at those with 20 games or more there is only one person that has a slightly better record than CQ. It is our own Ali Daei. He coached Iran for a total of 24 games winning 15, drawing 6, and losing 3 times. This puts his winning % at 62.5% and his win/draw ratio at 87.5%. With CQ his total winning was 60% and his win/draw 87.00% he is trailing Daei by 1/2 of a 1%.

Looking at it in terms of pure stats and numbers Daei does have the slight edge. But keep in mind he only coached 24 games. If we were to increase the total games coached even by 1 then CQ would be the all time leader. Plus longevity and more games means a better % overtime. It generally gets closer to the mean. But for what its worth interesting results by Daei that only lost 3.

Comment

I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Working...
                              X