No announcement yet.

100 Games under CQ/ Full Stats and statistical breakdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CQ greatest achievement was the intangible points of managing the team. From his insistence on having a place for national team offices and practice to best possible clothes for players to wear. His requiring them to wear the suits as they reach their destinations for major tournaments. His attention to smallest details was unheard off to Iranian culture and will greatly be missed. Next manager will probably try to mimic some of his traits, but no one can match him. He gave our Team Class which we surely lacked before.

Comment

Something that I keep hearing is that CQ didn't want to play against strong opponents. How did Iran benefit from losing to Brazil 3-0? What did we learn from playing Germany and losing 2-0? Not much.

When IFF is not even capable of paying the salary of its coaches and setting up camps, I never understood why some people kept blaming CQ for not wanting to set up friendlies.

Comment

Something unrelated, but interesting, Karim Ansarifard scored Iran's first goal in an official competitive match under CQ against Maldives
        He also scored the last goal scored in CQ's reign, against China

Comment

Originally posted by allforteammelli View Post
          Something unrelated, but interesting, Karim Ansarifard scored Iran's first goal in an official competitive match under CQ against Maldives
          He also scored the last goal scored in CQ's reign, against China
          that was intresting

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
            For those who missed it, here is a comparison of CQ and Branko in all of the matches they guided TM, also specifically in the World Cup and the Asian Championship. In all categories CQ has had a better record.

Simply unimportant. In a world cup you either advance or you don't. He did not advance. A metric that would matter other than advancing would be performance. This is opinion based you think we performed well by not losing 8-0 while I think we performed poorly by not having any shots, lowest percentage of possession, only 1 goal from open play in 6 games, and not having any of our players shine to be able to get a contract in the top leagues. Our football was not known for having any technical qualities but just defending all out with heart. that is not a good portray of our football neither. Also is finishing third and winning a game after the semis considered equal to not winning a third place game albeit there was none this time? The stats have already been posted and the fat man has sang on CQ's record with TM.

Comment

Originally posted by AminGP View Post
              Something that I keep hearing is that CQ didn't want to play against strong opponents. How did Iran benefit from losing to Brazil 3-0? What did we learn from playing Germany and losing 2-0? Not much.

When IFF is not even capable of paying the salary of its coaches and setting up camps, I never understood why some people kept blaming CQ for not wanting to set up friendlies.
              The benefit would be not fearing Japan as if they were Germany. Also it reflects in his record which we were discussing. His win percentage is compared to others who played higher ranking opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
                Simply unimportant. In a world cup you either advance or you don't. He did not advance. A metric that would matter other than advancing would be performance. This is opinion based you think we performed well by not losing 8-0 while I think we performed poorly by not having any shots, lowest percentage of possession, only 1 goal from open play in 6 games, and not having any of our players shine to be able to get a contract in the top leagues. Our football was not known for having any technical qualities but just defending all out with heart. that is not a good portray of our football neither. Also is finishing third and winning a game after the semis considered equal to not winning a third place game albeit there was none this time? The stats have already been posted and the fat man has sang on CQ's record with TM.
                I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

The benefit would be not fearing Japan as if they were Germany. Also it reflects in his record which we were discussing. His win percentage is compared to others who played higher ranking opponents.
                  We didn't fear Japan. We played against better opponents in the last 8 years and we played well against all of them. We were playing well against Japan until we conceded the first goal. Even after first goal we were back in the game but after the penalty they all lost hope.

Comment

Comment

http://footballitarin.com/link_page.php?id=434322

Comment

If anyone looks at all time stats of national team coaches and those coaches that have coached more than 25 games CQ has the best record of all time hands down and nothing comes close. IF you look at 20 plus games then Daei has a slight edge which I have spoken about before when it comes to winning % and then the win/draw ration against total games played. If you want to look at coaches with more than 15 games in hand then its GN that has the best record of all time. For me personally the 20 or 25 threshold should be look upon as those other guys did not get to show full consistency over a long period of time.

Comment

Does anyone have a comprehensive site or source which lists all TM coaches and their records? I am trying to put together a list of Iranian coaches with their defensive and offensive stats but am running to some issues. As an example on WIKI under Iran coaches (Ali Daei) is shown as having coached 24 games but under his own WIKI page it shows him as having coached 25 games. Why doesn't the Iranian federation or some record keeping entity keep exact stats and records of TM games and records.

Any help is appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by OSTAD POOYA View Post
                            If anyone looks at all time stats of national team coaches and those coaches that have coached more than 25 games CQ has the best record of all time hands down and nothing comes close. IF you look at 20 plus games then Daei has a slight edge which I have spoken about before when it comes to winning % and then the win/draw ration against total games played. If you want to look at coaches with more than 15 games in hand then its GN that has the best record of all time. For me personally the 20 or 25 threshold should be look upon as those other guys did not get to show full consistency over a long period of time.
                            Very true. Here are his stats:

Whether people like it or not only stats matter.
                            And as footballitarin web site acknowledges: کارلوس کی*روش در مقایسه با چهار سرمربی پیشین تیم* ملی آماری ارزشمندتر دارد
                            I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by OSTAD POOYA View Post
                              Agha, actually MK's record is better than Queiroz!

Looking at national team stats of coaches who played 15+ games (as per the database of all recorded matches on teammelli.com)

Daei: 62.50% P24 W15 D6 L3
                              Mayeli Kohan: 60.5% P38 W23 D9 L6
                              Queiroz: 60.0% P100 W60 D27 L13
                              Ivankovic: 58.9% P56 W33 D14 L9
                              Ghalenoi: 58.8% P17 W10 D6 L1
                              Talebi: 56.0% P25 W14 D5 L6
                              Mohajerani: 53.6%: P28 W15 D7 L6
                              Ghotbi: 53.3%: P30 W16 D6 L8
                              Pourheidari: 52.9%: P17 W9 D5 L3
                              Blazevic: 52.6%: P19 W10 D4 L5
                              Dehdari: 50.0%: P22 W11 D6 L5
                              Parvin: 44.1%: P34 W15 D11 L8

That's why even though I agree with you usually, I don't think it is worth concentrating on these kinds of stats. Someone like Ivic had awful stats for Iran, who can forget that 7-1 loss against AS Roma B, but all the players and staff of the era attest to the changes he put in place in training, which bore fruit in the world cup itself. No one else represents my point better than Ivic, who many people credit with our WC98. Also, these stats will be skewed in different eras. We all consider Mohajerani to have been a good coach, but all his games were against big teams. In the early-mid 2000s there were a lot of useless FIFA-accredited competitions such as LG Cup, which we don't really do any more now.

As almost all of us know, the benefits of Queiroz are in the not-immediately quantifiable domains. You can't put a number on most of the things he has done: https://thesefootballtimes.co/2017/0...-for-a-nation/

Comment

Very true. Here are his stats:

And as footballitarin web site acknowledges: کارلوس کی*روش در مقایسه با چهار سرمربی پیشین تیم* ملی آماری ارزشمندتر دارد
                                World Cup and Asian Cup chiyeh.... You're putting far too much importance on these tournaments. It's more relevant and respectable to win a tournament in which you bring pretty much your full national team and Japan and 8-0ers bring their U-19 team

Also, what about WAFF, LG Cup, Gooz Games, second stints?

What about the SECOND STINTS?!?!?!

Comment

Working...
                                X