No announcement yet.

Carlos Queiroz @ Colombia National Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CQ came back to Iran after AC in the remote chance that his contract might get extended. Taj wanted to extend his contract but the sports ministry did not allow him.

We will see the result of this action in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
      CQ came back to Iran after AC in the remote chance that his contract might get extended. Taj wanted to extend his contract but the sports ministry did not allow him.

We will see the result of this action in the near future.
      Truth is that CQ met Colombians 2 times before Asian Cup, once they asked him on some Fifa day if he would be interessted in Colombia in September already and he said yes, once they met in UAE.

Comment

Originally posted by dariush-44 View Post
        Indeed, as someone else mentioned; look at the reception, the settings, the broadcast.

He aged in Iran - he stayed for the love of Iranians as people but certainly not our corrupt federation or leaders.

We love CQ and will follow him wherever. Meaning, we won't bash him if Iran finds success under another coach, or Colombia doesn't become an overnight success story per se.

It means, we Iroonis love you unconditionally!
        You can tell how much stress he had in Iran by the difference in his hair color from beginning to end

Comment

Originally posted by P-Money View Post
          Truth is that CQ met Colombians 2 times before Asian Cup, once they asked him on some Fifa day if he would be interessted in Colombia in September already and he said yes, once they met in UAE.
          Yeah but it was only a verbal agreement which he made just in case things don't work out with Iran. Upon his return when asked if he will continue with Iran he said that he has not received a contract extension, and he never did thanks to government interference.

There is no doubt he would have stayed if he had received an extension.

Comment

it is nice to see CQ coached two prestigious NT before (Portugal) and after (Colombia) being TM coach.
            Will have a quick look (just out of curiousity) to how he does there but really don't care if he fails there. I hope it won't become Colombian football dot com forum here. What's matter is TM and the next TM coach search (even if we end with Majid Gusfanzadeh).

Comment

I am HAPPY with CQ new agreement, raise, and whatever may come from it.

I am over the fact he is gone. When you have government in charge, shit happens and it did.

I have been promoting a concept that fans pay the salaries of National Team managers, not just football, but all other teams. As long as people do not welcome this idea, they have NO right to complain.
              چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Going from zainabi chadori & nose job plastic fakes to real hot hawt colombian girls? man im jealous.

Comment

Originally posted by zahedika View Post
                  Carlos Queiroz is now an honorary Irooni brother. He cares more and has done more for Iran and Iranians than many of those in charge back home.
                  We should keep this thread open like we keep threads open for Sardar, Saman, ARJ and the rest of our boys. I for one would like to follow him as he manages Columbia.
                  +1 for this. Not just what he has done over eight years for us but the way he became one of us. He stayed four years longer not for money, not for anything apart from love of the country and the players he had helped develop.

That's never going to change and I would also really appreciate that we keep this thread in our Iranian football forum. We have to give credit to those who have made us so proud. I'm glad that here in PFDC we have a community who acknowledge the importance of this singular figure.

Comment

Best of luck to him, i wonder what Derakhshan, Minavand, Karimi, and the rest of Mashang's think about him joining one of the strongest south american sides, specially when they were constantly mentioning he doesn't have any serious offer. We are talking about the 3rd best team in South America and one of top 10-15 teams in the world.

Comment

a great hero left iran, however he did all his best for iran. i wish him the best in colombia.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                        The reporters all call him "Professor" when asking questions. Is this a Colombian thing?

Anyway one asked him what style of football he is going to play and he basically said whichever one brings us the highest chance of wins - whether rock and roll football, samba football or whatever.

Also he emphasised the importance of having appreciation for the culture of a country and having someone with you as the interface (ie the markar aghajanian figure)

I need to go to salsa class otherwise i would watch more of this
                        In Spanish people usually
                        Call coaches “Profi” as a sign of respect.

At least in Mexico they do as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

i will support him and follow colombia NT for sure. he's our Queiroz, Queiroz the great!

Comment

I am extremely happy for him I can finally say that without and stress or ache. It’s been tough to accept he is no longer with us but I will always feel a sense of pride and connection with this man wherever he goes......he is 100% one of us (Iranians) as a matter of fact even more of a true Iranian than most and for that reason this thread should be nowhere except THIS forum.

It pains me so much to root for Colombia they’re known for having the worst fans (at least here in the NY/NJ area) but the fact that CQ is there will outweigh how much I have been annoyed by Colombian fans over the years gooooo Colombia!!!

Also let’s hope CQ can arrange a friendly with Iran at some point in his tenure. Doesn’t have to be right away of course, but also wouldn’t be hard for him to pitch with Qatar in their group for Copa America. We all know how he likes to plan his tournament preparations based on the teams he is facing so let’s see what happens.

Best of luck to this brilliant man, I know he will succeed big time in an environment where he isn’t limited in resources and has a HUGE talent pool full of European caliber players!
                            Team Meli Iran
                            Perspolis FC
                            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

I came here to open this thread exactly saying that he is Iranian for life in my eyes and to treat him just like we do our legioners. so happy to see so many other people share the same viewpoint. It is so heartwarming to read this thread. I think we are all just very happy for him! Keep this in the main forum please.

First match with the Colombian team is against JAPAN lolllll well he has something to work with..

Comment

Wish him well. It won't be easy since the expectations are high. In all likelihood, he won't have to deal with lack of professionalism and constant shortage of funds as he did in Iran and he could focus all his energy on technical aspects of his job and have more success. Always grateful for what he did for TM and Iranian football.

Comment

Working...
                                X