Carlos Queiroz @ Colombia National Team - Page 11

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Carlos Queiroz @ Colombia National Team

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks

Meet your Persian Love Today
    CQ was great till Japan game. Excuse me for saying it but there is something negative that is lingering on my mind about what CQ did in Japan game. Was his mind screwed up by our media or did he not care anymore after battle with sports minister and others. I cannot say he did it maliciously but it makes me wonder how a great coach would do what Qotbi did against Korea or what Bronco did against Mexico.

That day he may have been drinking. He was not himself and he did not act as the CQ that we knew. When the team was falling apart his voice could have helped but the team never got back to normal shape. Was the team partying before japan game? It is a puzzle.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Leopard For This Useful Post:

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopard View Post
    CQ was great till Japan game. Excuse me for saying it but there is something negative that is lingering on my mind about what CQ did in Japan game. Was his mind screwed up by our media or did he not care anymore after battle with sports minister and others. I cannot say he did it maliciously but it makes me wonder how a great coach would do what Qotbi did against Korea or what Bronco did against Mexico.

That day he may have been drinking. He was not himself and he did not act as the CQ that we knew. When the team was falling apart his voice could have helped but the team never got back to normal shape. Was the team partying before japan game? It is a puzzle.
    I swear this forum gets dumber every day
    Formerly Known as TAJ_LIVERPOOL

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to mistermo For This Useful Post:

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by YeCheesi Tala View Post
    Makes me question...if CQ psychologically hijacked Iranians fans for himself knowning the shitty situation in Iran. Literally the man became greater than TM (and kind of created that situation for himself...not to bring his acheivments down). No one should ever be greater than TM (not the players, the coachs, etc). Our players never became the star of TM, TM never became the star of TM...it was really CQ who was the star of TM and he put himself in that position.
    I am a fan of CQ team melli since that is the only TM I ever knew. No one can argue about the results he acheived with TM in terms of wins vs. losses. However, TM never won a single recognizable tournment with CQ. Even though we considered our team to be #1 in Asian for quiet sometime. In-terms of football domination by statistics...TM did great...but, in terms of acheivements? 2 back to back WC...cool? semi-finals in AC...okay? I honestly don't see a WOW factor in terms of acheivements.
    If we had gone through the next round of world cup or finals for AC I wouldn't say this. But, I think we are elevating the man to a position he doesnt belong. In the real world "almost" doesn't make great. If Tom Brady almost won 6 super bowls...he wouldn't be the GOAT.
    When you give a starving person food...they feel that is the best tasting food they've ever had. However, if you give the same food to a person not so hungry...they might think it's meh.
    Let see what CQ can acheive with Colombia. I hope he successeds. However, my honest opinion is that Columbia under CQ will not mount to much. Either stay at status quo or elevate just a little bit (but not World Champion or Copa America champion level).
    Y.C Tala jan,
    We will never know with certitude what happened. CQ might write a book when he retires, his version, interesting read.
    You made some interesting points but I disagree.
    Don't think there is a need to do an in depth psychological analysis.

Ofcourse u need to have your wits about u, be a pedar s, plan like a machiavellic commando if u want to survive at that high of a level, it's not care bear land.

He was no haloo pofak, no saint, good for him.

What made a huge difference and impact with this brave man is that he walked the talk, met his players half way, didn't chicken out, wasn't afraid to be unpopular, didn't put the blame on TM, maintained unity with the help of his players in a hostile environment. The man was a professional, had work ethic.

He was demanding, expected his players to behave like pro athletes, good soldiers and had no patience for pricky behavior. There was no room for a second diva.Is that a bad thing?

If the country is not united,communication coming out of Iff is not clear, naneh ghamars become official speakers don't be surprised if CQ and other expats don't take advantage of this khar to khar situation to score points from time to time. It's about survival.

He did a mighty good job! That's all that should matter.
    Keep calm and believe in Fairies and Footballers Roxanaz

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Roxanaz80 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,211 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YeCheesi Tala View Post
    I am a fan of CQ team melli since that is the only TM I ever knew. .
    Agha if this is the only TM you've ever known then, trust me, you're in for a world of pain if we go back to the TMs of the last few decades. The nerves of losing to Persian gulf countries was so painful over the years before this TM, deimi football, no discipline, relying on individuals rather than the team.

I feel really sorry for all our fans for whom only this TM was what they have experienced.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DR Strangemoosh For This Useful Post:

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 5,347 Times in 2,456 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopard View Post
    looks like someone has had one too many drinks before posting on PFDC. Yes, clearly he was drunk during the game. Porto and a cuban cigar was the culprit. Rumors are that CQ was offering a tequila shot in a glass for every shot on the football pitch.
    “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OFFSIDE_1 For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Members who have read this thread : 278

You do not have permission to view the list of names.